Thread Rating:

billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 203
August 30th, 2021 at 10:45:21 AM permalink
You are the one who selectively quoted from the document. I posted the part you left out.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 262
August 30th, 2021 at 10:53:18 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

You are the one who selectively quoted from the document. I posted the part you left out.

I quoted the part of the document that refuted your claims that the FDA cited "total failure".

The relevant part to refute that was the part I quoted.

Interestingly, by posting the rest of the document, you refute yourself. Nowhere are the words "total failure" used.

You made that up.

Again, it's clear it isn't total failure as the FDA says they will be fine moving forward with trials that can use the previous trials as exploratory.
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
billryan
billryan
August 30th, 2021 at 11:20:56 AM permalink
I suppose when the FDA says this-
The larger trial that CytoDyn conducted in patients with severe COVID-19 disease (CD12) also failed to find any effect of the drug on the primary study endpoint, with no difference seen in mortality (20.5% in the leronlimab treatment group and 21.6% in the placebo treatment group); or on any of the secondary endpoints.

What they really mean is lemonlabob came so close.

Your argument seems to be that the FDA announcing the drug failed every aspect of the trials, didn't achieve any of the studies endpoints or any of the secondary endpoints doesn't equal failure. Meanwhile you keep claiming it just missed it's marks. I'm not sure how you think of success, but I would think a rationale person would look at a project that failed to achieve even one objective as a failure. The FDA said they are welcome to try again. Is that your standard of success?

I wonder if shareholders considers his investment a total failure.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
darkoz
darkoz
August 30th, 2021 at 11:35:47 AM permalink

I suppose when the FDA says this-
The larger trial that CytoDyn conducted in patients with severe COVID-19 disease (CD12) also failed to find any effect of the drug on the primary study endpoint, with no difference seen in mortality (20.5% in the leronlimab treatment group and 21.6% in the placebo treatment group); or on any of the secondary endpoints.

What they really mean is lemonlabob came so close.

Your argument seems to be that the FDA announcing the drug failed every aspect of the trials, didn't achieve any of the studies endpoints or any of the secondary endpoints doesn't equal failure. Meanwhile you keep claiming it just missed it's marks. I'm not sure how you think of success, but I would think a rationale person would look at a project that failed to achieve even one objective as a failure. The FDA said they are welcome to try again. Is that your standard of success?

I wonder if shareholders considers his investment a total failure.

You now need to change the goalposts.

I never claimed the trials were a success. I pointed to the need for additional trials as did the FDA!

You claimed the FDA "said total failure". Yet nowhere did the FDA say those words "total failure".

So now changing the goalposts is your only way to save face.

The real problem with your argument is that it discounts the moving forward with trials. Let's say a new set of trials meets endpoints next year.

Will that classify as "total failure"?

Of course not, that's ridiculous.

If you said the FDA claimed the drug failed current trials I would give you that. But you always interpret things to the extreme so suddenly you are quoting something not said (total failure).
billryan
billryan
August 30th, 2021 at 11:40:22 AM permalink
Dark Oz "Leronlimab has shown extremely good results. It's missed it's end points by a very small margin which is why the FDA refused to okay it (even though a few competing drugs that failed the mark by worse got approved thanks to their big pharma connection but hey welcome to corruption)."

FDA:....... failed to find any effect of the drug on the primary study endpoint, with no difference seen in mortality (20.5% in the leronlimab treatment group and 21.6% in the placebo treatment group); or on any of the secondary endpoints.

Oz claims extremely good results vs the FDA saying it failed to find any effect, or on any secondary endpoints.

As far as you saying you never claimed the trial was a success, do you really want me to posts your comments from when the trials results were first made public? I'm tracking two auctions right now and have to be on the web anyways.
darkoz
darkoz
August 30th, 2021 at 11:43:34 AM permalink
Deleted
darkoz
darkoz
August 30th, 2021 at 11:46:09 AM permalink

... the FDA says it was a total failure...

Looking for those words Bill.

Please point to those words or you made it up?
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 112
August 30th, 2021 at 11:56:27 AM permalink
CYDY is the best performing stock in the WoV portfolio today, up 3.5%. 5 more days like this and I’m back to even! It’s $1.33. I’m proposing a bet…. Pick some Wizard approved charity…. If CYDY drops below $1 DarkOz makes the donation. If it eclipses $1.66 Billy fills the charity’s coffers. First event to occur, wins.

(Notice how SOOPOO is not really involved in the bet….)
darkoz
darkoz
August 30th, 2021 at 12:07:35 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

CYDY is the best performing stock in the WoV portfolio today, up 3.5%. 5 more days like this and I’m back to even! It’s $1.33. I’m proposing a bet…. Pick some Wizard approved charity…. If CYDY drops below $1 DarkOz makes the donation. If it eclipses $1.66 Billy fills the charity’s coffers. First event to occur, wins.

(Notice how SOOPOO is not really involved in the bet….)

I've already made my wager

It's on Cytodyn stock.
billryan
billryan
August 30th, 2021 at 12:08:58 PM permalink
Oz says he paid $4 a share.

An oldie but a goodie:
August 14th, 2020 at 9:29:12 PMpermalink

This company was dead in the water, with its stock being worth a nickel when a man with a doctorate in Mechanical Drawing and no pharma experience was able to wrangle control of it. He convinced a few private investors to pony up 12 million dollars and replaced the board of directors that was heavily pharma oriented with people associated with the private investors. They then announced plans to research, develop, and market a drug that had an estimated annual market in the 20 million dollar range. Because of its limited market, they were able to fast track it under the FDAs "Orphan drug" program where they claim a drug has limited potential and isn't worth the money to go through the usual process. Then they tried to tie this drug in with every disease under the sun, and proclaimed it had a potential cap of between 2.5 billion and 9 billion, despite not having produced a single dose for commercial use. In line with their 9 billion dollar potential cap, they make a splashy deal with the infamous Martin Shkreli's Turing Pharma under its newest name. The deal sounds great, $8.75 billion dollar contract, only it's worthless until the FDA approves the drug for that particular use.
Suddenly Corona virus hits, the company makes some incredulous claims without any evidence, the stock soars and insiders start dumping shares.

• Jump to: