Thread Rating:

darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 261
May 26th, 2021 at 11:46:39 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

" Don't work for your money. Let your money work for you."

That's assuming you have money.

Low wage workers can't catch a break like that. Almost everything they do, even opening a bank account comes with minimum requirements that make saving to get ahead almost impossible or requiring a decade plus of suffering for a small come-up
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 188
May 26th, 2021 at 1:06:38 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

That's assuming you have money.

Low wage workers can't catch a break like that. Almost everything they do, even opening a bank account comes with minimum requirements that make saving to get ahead almost impossible or requiring a decade plus of suffering for a small come-up

that's very true and very sad

our society in many ways influences people to compete and better themselves to become higher wage earners

but the reality is - many are just not going to be able to make it into the higher wage category for whatever reason - many because they're just not smart enough

the competition is fierce

so our society has to grapple with the issues of how to deal with people who cannot provide a decent living for themselves

"𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘷𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘧 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳"______Edgar Allan Poe
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 78
May 26th, 2021 at 2:38:32 PM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

that's very true and very sad

our society in many ways influences people to compete and better themselves to become higher wage earners

but the reality is - many are just not going to be able to make it into the higher wage category for whatever reason - many because they're just not smart enough

the competition is fierce

so our society has to grapple with the issues of how to deal with people who cannot provide a decent living for themselves

Tell them to move to Las Vegas. Las Vegas has many more high income jobs for the uneducated as I have ever seen. I have a daughter that works as a waitress because she earns a lot more than she was paid after college working at Deloitte. One of my best friends is a union carpenter making $62 an hour.
Order from chaos

• Jump to: