Thread Rating:

rxwine
rxwine
Joined: Feb 28, 2010
  • Threads: 173
  • Posts: 10447
May 12th, 2021 at 12:37:50 PM permalink
Is it likely or unlikely a new crypto currency could be designed that would have significant advantages, such as low mining energy cost, which would probably send all the current coins plummeting in value?
The Hall of Unverified Claims is a vast place with many shelves.
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 207
  • Posts: 12406
May 12th, 2021 at 12:48:49 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Is it likely or unlikely a new crypto currency could be designed that would have significant advantages, such as low mining energy cost, which would probably send all the current coins plummeting in value?




I'd say it is unlikely that bitcoin will dominate the sector as it has been doing. A leaner, meaner competitor always comes along.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 266
  • Posts: 9070
May 12th, 2021 at 12:58:49 PM permalink
Bump for Bill in case he missed it

Quote: darkoz

The definition you say investopedia gives I don't see. Link to that on investopedia, please?

As for Investopedia saying it's a currency it's the first sentence in this link.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/b/bitcoin.asp

Quote: Bitcoin is a digital currency.

Now, I suppose you will try to say when investopedia says the word "currency" prefaced by the word "digital" that they don't really mean the word "currency", lol.

For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 207
  • Posts: 12406
May 12th, 2021 at 1:01:24 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Bump for Bill in case he missed it



If you can't find Investopedia's definition of currency, I'm not sure a link to it would help.
You really don't even understand what you are arguing, do you?
Continuing this is silly.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 266
  • Posts: 9070
May 12th, 2021 at 1:37:16 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

If you can't find Investopedia's definition of currency, I'm not sure a link to it would help.
You really don't even understand what you are arguing, do you?
Continuing this is silly.



That's the most dumbass copout response ever posted on WOV in my honest opinion.

Be a grown-up and just read the link I supplied that proves you wrong, admit you are wrong and move on like an adult.

Don't make up stupidity like if someone can't find a link that you claim exists but refuse to locate yourself that the other person doesn't understand it.

I've supplied a link to your own trusted website of note which refers to Bitcoin as a currency.

You can't even supply the link to your own definition.

Be a man, Bill. Just admit you were wrong
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 207
  • Posts: 12406
May 12th, 2021 at 2:06:03 PM permalink
It is the very definition of currency. If you don't understand it, I really can't help you. Not that I have any interest in doing so. Countless others tried to correct you in your other thread but you don't want to know anything.
Your entire argument seems to be bitcoin is a currency so it's worth 50,000 or whatever it sells for.
Who can argue with such logic. The peso is currency and can be used to pay for things. Why isn't it worth $50,000?
Lets pretend you are right and bitcoin is a currency. Now what? Why is it worth $50,000 and why should anyone buy it? Why will its market share and value continue to grow? What are its underlying fundamentals? I asked you this last week and you couldn't answer it then, maybe you can now.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 266
  • Posts: 9070
May 12th, 2021 at 2:16:32 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

It is the very definition of currency. If you don't understand it, I really can't help you. Not that I have any interest in doing so. Countless others tried to correct you in your other thread but you don't want to know anything.
Your entire argument seems to be bitcoin is a currency so it's worth 50,000 or whatever it sells for.
Who can argue with such logic. The peso is currency and can be used to pay for things. Why isn't it worth $50,000?
Lets pretend you are right and bitcoin is a currency. Now what? Why is it worth $50,000 and why should anyone buy it? Why will its market share and value continue to grow? What are its underlying fundamentals? I asked you this last week and you couldn't answer it then, maybe you can now.



When did I say Bitcoin is $50,000 because it's a currency? You are comprehending backwards apparently.

You said it's not a currency.

I said it is.

I never said it's worth $50,000 BECAUSE it's a currency.

Investopedia says it's a currency.

You say it isn't but you trust investopedia.

So which is it?
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 207
  • Posts: 12406
May 12th, 2021 at 3:36:03 PM permalink
You win. You don't seem to understand the difference between digital currency and currency Or the difference between currency and money but none of that matters. You win. Debate over .
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 266
  • Posts: 9070
May 12th, 2021 at 4:23:47 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

You win. You don't seem to understand the difference between digital currency and currency Or the difference between currency and money but none of that matters. You win. Debate over .



Thank you.

I do know the difference. I also know that if something is digital currency you can't say it's not currency.

I think you had trouble telling the difference between physical currency and digital currency.

That's why you made ridiculous blanket statements like Bitcoin isn't currency.

What you should have said was Bitcoin isn't physical currency.
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 207
  • Posts: 12406
May 12th, 2021 at 4:39:49 PM permalink
Elon Musk announced Tesla will no longer accept bitcoin for its goods or services due to the excessive energy used in creating them. I wonder how bitcoin will react to a progressive call to not accept them. Musk has been a proponent of crypto-currency until now. No word if he will sell his personal positions.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.

  • Jump to: