rsactuary
  • Threads: 29
November 19th, 2020 at 6:28:53 PM permalink
You've got the wrong end of the horse.
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 117
November 19th, 2020 at 6:31:33 PM permalink
The URL is misleading. The pathologist doesn't claim that Coronavirus is a hoax; far from it - he's claiming that the hoax is in what is being done in the name of "keeping the virus from spreading."
heatmap
heatmap
  • Threads: 259
November 19th, 2020 at 8:04:13 PM permalink
Quote: ThatDonGuy

The URL is misleading. The pathologist doesn't claim that Coronavirus is a hoax; far from it - he's claiming that the hoax is in what is being done in the name of "keeping the virus from spreading."

and uh.. your okay with that?
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 121
November 20th, 2020 at 5:25:32 AM permalink
Quote: ThatDonGuy

Good summary. All states are now ‘trying’ to stop its spread using mostly silly executive orders.

If we know different masks work at far different levels of efficacy, why not mandate the ones that work the best!?

If we know it is unsafe to be in stores that we close them, why allow stores to be open? My Wegmans already does curbside pickup... why not mandate it?

Dry cleaners, liquor stores, .... essential!

Summary.... no one has the balls to do a real lockdown in the USA. Ask Ed if Taiwan can do one!
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
November 20th, 2020 at 6:27:25 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Summary.... no one has the balls to do a real lockdown in the USA. Ask Ed if Taiwan can do one!

As I see it, the idea of a real lockdown has been so politicised and polarised in the US that No leader from either side will be prepared to risk being the one to suggest or mandate it now. Maybe a few months ago, with different early leadership, there might have been a national mandate, but not now.
Here in the UK, our leaders are mandating as much lockdown as they think will be accepted. There's already talk of a period of Christmas relaxation which will be popular, but IMHO, deadly. Our UK leaders and their scientific advisors acknowledge that such a 5 day relaxation will come at a great cost. E.g. For every extra day where they allow household gathering, they may need to impose extra restrictions for 5 days.
TBH, even the most draconian restrictions imposed anywhere in the US are much looser than what we in Europe are ready to accept. We in turn would probably rebel at the restrictions in Taiwan and China.
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
November 20th, 2020 at 7:40:06 AM permalink
Real leadership would postpone Thanksgiving and say we will have a National Day of Thanks in the Spring when the vaccine is well on its way to being distributed. My old neighborhood in Queens was pretty much ground zero for the first wave, and the numbers are starting to creep up again. The last thing anyone needs is thousands of college students and others traveling back to it for a weekend.
The incidence of infections are high enough to cause NYC to cancel schools, so of course, its a great time to bring in tens of thousands of students for the weekend.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
  • Jump to: