Thread Rating:

MDawg
MDawg
  • Threads: 34
August 16th, 2020 at 4:13:57 PM permalink
Where the entire argument fails - is that the stock went up and down in a matter of minutes. In one day, correct? part of one day, actually.

So, what news brought it up? What news brought it down?

So the short sellers were sitting there waiting with their news releases and knew to release them exactly when the good news was released that brought the stock up?

If the news that brought the stock up was news worthy and genuine enough, it would have held it up longer than a few minutes. And if the bad news to bring it down was so great, it would have brought it down for much longer than a few minutes. All I gather from your article is that this stock is highly susceptible to hype manipulation, both on the up and down sides. And in any case, it defies logic that the stock could have been pulled down just minutes after going up by a news release such as you describe - it should be obvious to anyone that it dropped that day because too many existing shareholders sold into the rising bids - short sellers do not sell after entering their position, they BUY (to cover), so the actions of short sellers once the stock went up could not have brought it down - it was the actions of SELLERS that brought it down so fast.

Contrarily - a stock like TSLA, all the B.S. the short sellers like Jim Chanos churn doesn't affect the price one bit on a day when the stock jumps +200 points - because TSLA isn't a small float penny stock that has nothing much going for it - its momentum, and sales, are much more tangible, and harder to pull down.

Shorting a stock does nothing to the price of a stock. If it did, then every time a gang of people went short on a stock it would automatically go down - doesn't always happen that way (tell this to the twenty BILLION dollars or so the short sellers of TSLA have lost! 20% of the TSLA float is short, and this fact doesn't seem to be helping them out much).

And it is assumed that anyone who shorts a stock will try to spread bad news about it, the same way that anyone who goes long will try to spread good news about it. The movement of stock up or down has nothing per se to do with people going short or long, just has to do with supply and demand: specifically, the willingness of sellers to lower their asks, which brings a stock down, or the unwillingness of sellers to drop their asks, which brings the price up (so long as there are willing buyers bidding the same asks).

I will agree that Timothy Sykes is a bad actor, but most of what he does is make money at the expense of his minions - who pay him five grand or more a pop to get his feed. He buys ahead of them, and then sells - to his followers - on the way up.

There was no "coordinated short attack" that hurt the stock during those minutes: To quote Cecil B. DeMille's Ten Commandments, "These things were ordered by themselves" - if the stock is so weak that it is susceptible to plummeting just like that over a little news, it isn't a genuine stock to begin with.

So anyway, DarkOz, why didn't you sell your stock when the price doubled? I'll tell you why - because the float on this stock is so small that only a few of the insiders or people right on the edge of the trading curve were able to cash in when it popped, that's why. Would seem to be a classic pump and dump that lasted only minutes. Very weak.

Evidently it is going to take some SERIOUSLY good and everlasting news to take this stock up, because whenever it takes a little pop up, it would seem that the sellers are dumping their shares to get the h. out.
I tell you itís wonderful to be here, man. I donít give a damn who wins or loses. Itís just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 217
August 16th, 2020 at 4:15:43 PM permalink
As I said, I don't deal in shorts so I'm not sure what I'm seeing here. How is this considered a short attack?
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 271
August 16th, 2020 at 4:27:23 PM permalink
I have more faith in the author of this article than in MDawg or Bill Ryan's assessment.

https://microcapdaily.com/cytodyn-inc-otcmktscydy-on-the-comeback-trail-since-citreon-short-attack/126264/
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
MDawg
MDawg
August 16th, 2020 at 4:30:12 PM permalink
Bottom line is that this is a pink sheet stock that is susceptible to up and down manipulation. You're the average Joe on the Street who will end up footing the bill if you are not careful.
I tell you itís wonderful to be here, man. I donít give a damn who wins or loses. Itís just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
darkoz
darkoz
August 16th, 2020 at 4:46:23 PM permalink
Quote: MDawg

Bottom line is that this is a pink sheet stock that is susceptible to up and down manipulation. You're the average Joe on the Street who will end up footing the bill if you are not careful.

Which brings us back to what I said in the Leronlimab thread.

The stock price is lower due to short attacks.
MDawg
MDawg
Thanks for this post from:
RogerKint
August 16th, 2020 at 5:03:26 PM permalink
IF SO - then it was higher due to long hype.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 217
August 16th, 2020 at 5:18:52 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

I have more faith in the author of this article than in MDawg or Bill Ryan's assessment.

https://microcapdaily.com/cytodyn-inc-otcmktscydy-on-the-comeback-trail-since-citreon-short-attack/126264/

That article is six weeks old and makes assumptions on events happening in July that didn't happen.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
darkoz
darkoz
August 16th, 2020 at 5:30:12 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

That article is six weeks old and makes assumptions on events happening in July that didn't happen.

Bill the article is about the short attack seven weeks ago.

Of course it was written six weeks ago
darkoz
darkoz
Thanks for this post from:
rsactuary
August 16th, 2020 at 5:32:02 PM permalink
Quote: MDawg

IF SO - then it was higher due to long hype.

No it was higher due to part of the short attack.

Either you didn't bother to read my OP or you just aren't able to understand it
MDawg
MDawg
August 16th, 2020 at 5:42:45 PM permalink
My take - is that you don't understand how the stock market works, period, or how these pink sheets are manipulated up and down, so I suppose I brought that last comment of yours on myself, but rest assured that there is nothing you wrote about that I am not familiar with.

• Jump to: