1 vote (2.7%)
4 votes (10.81%)

37 members have voted

Gialmere
Gialmere
  • Threads: 39
January 25th, 2020 at 11:05:11 AM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

It could go either way, some of the questions could go either way, sometimes you're not sure which you like. A low score is a good thing.

But perhaps not too low. While most of the categories are considered negative personality traits, scoring zero or one point in "Self-Sufficiency" implies that a person is slothful, incapable, frightened and/or willing to piggyback on the hard work of others.
Have you tried 22 tonight? I said 22.
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 179
Thanks for this post from:
beachbumbabs
January 25th, 2020 at 11:37:18 AM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

It could go either way, some of the questions could go either way, sometimes you're not sure which you like. A low score is a good thing.

A low score is neither good nor bad. Narcissism can be a positive force in the world, and shrinking away from attention and responsibility can be a debilitating force in the world. Itís situational, and dependent on the motivation of the subject.

I got a 10, btw, but there are many situations in my life and work where I go against my natural tendencies. Itís not always who I am; sometimes itís who I need to be.
NO KILL I
CrystalMath
CrystalMath
  • Threads: 8
January 25th, 2020 at 12:06:42 PM permalink
Quote: Gialmere

But perhaps not too low. While most of the categories are considered negative personality traits, scoring zero or one point in "Self-Sufficiency" implies that a person is slothful, incapable, frightened and/or willing to piggyback on the hard work of others.

I considered this too, and I scored quite low. I am confident in my abilities and Iím not lazy, but thereís a lot I donít know. For instance, there was one question like ďI get things done on my own vs. I rely on other people to get things done.Ē Now, I get my own job done without anyoneís help, but I also recognize that there are a lot of other pieces required to get to the end. I Think I answered the first one, but thereís merit in the second one depending on how you interpret it.
I heart Crystal Math.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
January 25th, 2020 at 12:36:22 PM permalink
Quote: Mosca

I got a 10, btw, but there are many situations in my life and work where I go against my natural tendencies. Itís not always who I am; sometimes itís who I need to be.

Yup. Many of those questions only apply to my experience with sport, and that version of me has little in common with the street version. Right now I'm Bob Ross, but in 2hrs I'll be the Heartbreak Kid. Is "gimme the damn ball" superintendent or self obsessed?

Seeing your perpetually chill personality, I can imagine it clashing with the necessities of salesmanship.

ETA: 12, if it matters
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 21
January 25th, 2020 at 3:46:35 PM permalink
Quote: Gialmere

Haha.... I got a zero in that category.

Quote: CrystalMath

The test does say to take it if you think you might be narcissistic. Maybe the average is 12-15 for that group of people.

Ahh, that makes sense.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 75
CrystalMathonenickelmiracle
January 25th, 2020 at 3:50:19 PM permalink
I WANT EVERYBODY TO KNOW I SCORED AN 11. Does that make me a narcisist?
Living longer does not always infer +EV
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
CrystalMathonenickelmiracle
January 27th, 2020 at 5:57:17 AM permalink
I put little stock in quizzes like this because they are so transparent (for every question it's obvious which answer gets you closer to narcissism and vice versa), and even if you try really hard to answer honestly, there is always that little voice in the back of your head pushing you toward the outcome that you want.

I scored an 11, and therefore did not answer the poll because there is no option for scoring exactly an 11 (there is an option for less than eleven, and 12 and up).
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
Minty
Minty
  • Threads: 7
January 27th, 2020 at 9:13:25 AM permalink
Sometimes these are tough to answer because they are so situational. There are definitely times I prefer to blend in, but others that I preferred to be noticed. I don't think I'm better than people in the vast majority of contexts, but there are certain moments in which I do feel that way like when scores on a test were announced for tests in college. I absolutely love listening to other people and learning from them, but can talk about myself at length. I got a 10 and that seemed pretty reasonable.
"Just because I'm not doing anything illegal, doesn't mean I won't have to defend myself someday." -Chip Reese
gordonm888
gordonm888
  • Threads: 46
January 27th, 2020 at 11:53:33 AM permalink
I got a 13. Surprised it was so high. I'm thinking I'll score lower than DarkOz though.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
  • Threads: 34
January 28th, 2020 at 5:34:34 AM permalink
I got a 9
Besides study abroad. Born and lived in Tx my whole life.

• Jump to: