Thread Rating:

Poll

5 votes (41.66%)
2 votes (16.66%)
1 vote (8.33%)
1 vote (8.33%)
1 vote (8.33%)
1 vote (8.33%)
1 vote (8.33%)

12 members have voted

DRich
DRich
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
  • Threads: 79
  • Posts: 8262
Thanks for this post from:
smoothgrh
December 17th, 2019 at 3:23:09 PM permalink
I told my wife that I want to be cremated and have my ashes spread around various casino ash trays. She refused my request to just have my body put in a Walmart dumpster.
Order from chaos
smoothgrh
smoothgrh
Joined: Oct 26, 2011
  • Threads: 71
  • Posts: 849
Thanks for this post from:
bobbartop
December 17th, 2019 at 3:58:03 PM permalink
Quote: bobbartop

I vaguely remember something like that in the original Planet of the Apes. Right at the beginning. Gosh, I can't believe how long ago that was. I was just a kid when that movie came out.



The female astronaut of Charlton Heston's crew died (conveniently for the story) when her cryo tube leaked. I recently saw that movie in its entirety for the first time because I figured I should see what started the whole franchise. Good movieódespite knowing the twist end.

I think of sci-fi ways to die in outer space probably too much. In the ST: TNG episode "Relics," the Enterprise-D crew rescues Engineer Scott ("Scotty") after he rigged a transporter to keep him and his shipmate to be in a perpetual transporter loop for 70+ years. However, his shipmate didn't make it because the pattern buffer decayed. What a terrible way to die!
Gialmere
Gialmere
Joined: Nov 26, 2018
  • Threads: 42
  • Posts: 2238
December 17th, 2019 at 4:36:39 PM permalink
According to this interesting but macabre article at Vital Vegas, around 1,100 people die in Vegas hotel rooms every year. "The coronerís office says 67 percent of those deaths are the result of accidents, 15 percent committed suicide and 11 percent were the victims of homicide. No cause of death could be determined in six percent of the deaths." The interesting part is what the hotels do with the bodies when they find them.

The article also addresses the legendary balcony dives at the Luxor, major room thefts, and the fact that, evidently, every surface in your Vegas room has probably had people having coitus on it. Good times.
Have you tried 22 tonight? I said 22.
rxwine
rxwine
Joined: Feb 28, 2010
  • Threads: 173
  • Posts: 10447
Thanks for this post from:
AxelWolfsmoothgrh
December 17th, 2019 at 4:49:47 PM permalink
Quote: Gialmere

The interesting part is what the hotels do with the bodies when they find them.



Buffet?
The Hall of Unverified Claims is a vast place with many shelves.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 229
  • Posts: 12665
December 17th, 2019 at 4:50:09 PM permalink
As long as I go fast and peaceful. My luck I would die with a winning 8 spot parlay in my pocket.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
michael99000
michael99000
Joined: Jul 10, 2010
  • Threads: 9
  • Posts: 2112
December 17th, 2019 at 4:59:31 PM permalink
Quote: Gialmere

The interesting part is what the hotels do with the bodies when they find them.



Assign them to be dealers at Casino War ?
Gialmere
Gialmere
Joined: Nov 26, 2018
  • Threads: 42
  • Posts: 2238
December 17th, 2019 at 5:01:37 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Buffet?


With seafood becoming scarce, Tuesday is now steak and Soylent Green day.
Have you tried 22 tonight? I said 22.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
Joined: Jun 15, 2018
  • Threads: 57
  • Posts: 2659
Thanks for this post from:
smoothgrh
December 17th, 2019 at 5:13:32 PM permalink
1989: The Royale - Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Royale

Writer: Tracy Tormé - Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tracy_Torm%C3%A9
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
Joined: Aug 18, 2014
  • Threads: 30
  • Posts: 2537
December 17th, 2019 at 7:21:39 PM permalink
Quote: Gialmere

According to this interesting but macabre article at Vital Vegas, around 1,100 people die in Vegas hotel rooms every year. "The coronerís office says 67 percent of those deaths are the result of accidents, 15 percent committed suicide and 11 percent were the victims of homicide. No cause of death could be determined in six percent of the deaths." The interesting part is what the hotels do with the bodies when they find them.

The article also addresses the legendary balcony dives at the Luxor, major room thefts, and the fact that, evidently, every surface in your Vegas room has probably had people having coitus on it. Good times.



The number of homocides really surprises me. It seems like a very strange and stupid place to kill someone.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
Joined: Dec 28, 2014
  • Threads: 51
  • Posts: 3386
December 17th, 2019 at 8:05:21 PM permalink
Quote: Gialmere

According to this interesting but macabre article at Vital Vegas, around 1,100 people die in Vegas hotel rooms every year. "The coronerís office says 67 percent of those deaths are the result of accidents, 15 percent committed suicide and 11 percent were the victims of homicide. No cause of death could be determined in six percent of the deaths." The interesting part is what the hotels do with the bodies when they find them.

The article also addresses the legendary balcony dives at the Luxor, major room thefts, and the fact that, evidently, every surface in your Vegas room has probably had people having coitus on it. Good times.


Interesting how there can be 122 Vegas hotel murders a year and no one blinks an eye, but if 58 happen all at once at a concert everyone loses their mind.

Same with car accidents. Iím pretty sure car related deaths add up to about a 9/11 every week.

  • Jump to: