billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 154
June 24th, 2018 at 2:46:51 PM permalink
In 1979, I was an ROTC Cadet and while standing online for Dead/Willie Nelson tickets, we were discussing a theoretical takeover of the Indian Point Atomic Energy plant just outside NYC. Someone overheard us and called Hofstra security to tell them that they had overheard us talking about attacking the campus. It got settled pretty quickly with a bit of laughter but if that happened today?
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 101
June 24th, 2018 at 3:45:03 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

In 1979, I was an ROTC Cadet and while standing online for Dead/Willie Nelson tickets, we were discussing a theoretical takeover of the Indian Point Atomic Energy plant just outside NYC. Someone overheard us and called Hofstra security to tell them that they had overheard us talking about attacking the campus. It got settled pretty quickly with a bit of laughter but if that happened today?

In retrospect, do you think the person who turned you in was just a jerk, or really thought you were about to do harm? I am very careful about such talk because although I know it would eventually work itself out, the process must suck....

• Jump to: