OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
June 3rd, 2018 at 2:16:56 AM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

She reads your posts doesn't she

Occasionally.
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
June 3rd, 2018 at 2:19:31 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

I only post for my own edification.
So the opinions of others mean very little to me ... Write for your edification only and you'll never be disappointed ...

So, a bit like sex then $;o)
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
June 3rd, 2018 at 2:29:03 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

It doesn't make you an expert, but
it does make you experienced..

Man. I just read a great line about experience meaning nothing if you don't learn from it. But i forget it.

Some people have a lot of experience loosing at poker. Instead of wising up and learning better techniques they just become bitter and angry. They have tons of bad advice. Like you should overbet your big hands so you don't get a bad beat. Mostly they just complain. It's always everyone else's fault. They love to sit around grousing with each other.

Others learn to be good or excellent at poker. This might open doors to many great experiences like traveling the world and posting on WOV about it. They usually don't complain and blame others, but enjoy their success.

Both have a lot of experience. Which should you listen to?
Gandler
Gandler
  • Threads: 35
June 3rd, 2018 at 9:47:00 AM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

I have read that 95-98% of all sex in Western Africa is transactional sex and only 2-5% is relational sex. (sorry, I can't find the reference.)

Transactional sex is a broad term that includes prostitution but in Africa it does not equate to Nevada's legal brothels or to Denmark's legalized prostitution districts. It refers to all women growing up with the concept that their sexuality has financial value and that it is normal and accepted to exchange sex for money or other resources (food, merchandise, physical labor by male partners, etc.)

Scholarly articles state that transactional sex is common in Subsaharan Africa and in parts of Southeast Asia. But I am surprised by the low numbers that get quoted for relational sex.

Is this the future? Or, is it only the intersection of poverty with Western Consumerism (and an absence of religious teaching)?

Are long-term committed sexual relationships between men and women going to become the exception rather than the rule? Should they?

I have no issue with transaction sex as long as it is consensual. However, in some of the countries you mention sex and labor slavery are huge issues, so it is a safe bet a lot of the workers are not there on their free will......

Also, the figure is probably scewed because you can be in a relationship and barely have sex (marriage?) and have a far higher percentage of sexual encounters outside of your relationship (some of which may be transnational for discretion).

I am an atheist, so I am not interested in what religion teaches, but what is better for society. A strong family is good for society, especially strong father figures (look at all the issues with single mother households.....) .

That being said, when you are strictly speaking about sex, I feel that whatever works out best for the partners. I am in a long term relationship, but I am also in an open relationship. I don't engage in sex for money, but I also have nothing to hide so I do not need to worry about discretion. I am seeing more and more couples do this, and I think that this is likely to be the future. And, from a social point it is not a bad thing. We are evolved (especially men) to want to have intercourse with many partners, it is natural.

That being said when children are involved they need a strong father figure. The issue is with divorce in hetrosexual couples is the mother often has more rights over the child, since for some reason this is looked at as a positive, and often men get shafted away and are told only to send their monthly checks.....
Also, single mothers get a lot more government benefits, which is a whole separate issue that encourages women to divorce or never marry and not to live with the father.......
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
June 3rd, 2018 at 4:36:15 PM permalink
Quote: Gandler

That being said, when you are strictly speaking about sex, I feel that whatever works out best for the partners. I am in a long term relationship, but I am also in an open relationship. I don't engage in sex for money, but I also have nothing to hide so I do not need to worry about discretion. I am seeing more and more couples do this, and I think that this is likely to be the future. And, from a social point it is not a bad thing. We are evolved (especially men) to want to have intercourse with many partners, it is natural.

Some of the scholarly reports* written on transactional sex in Africa say that much/most of it is involves males who are a only a few years older than the females. So, even though money is changing hands, it does not tend to be 40 yr old guys hooking up with teenagers - the relative ages of sex partners are still somewhat similar to those in other parts of the world.

Apparently, the really hot 18 year old gals don't have sex with anyone that has the cash -they choose the good looking 21 year old males who have the cash. But there needs to be cash and there are no strings attached.

* I wonder what kind of people perform research on sex in Africa?
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
  • Jump to: