gordonm888
gordonm888 
  • Threads: 46
June 1st, 2018 at 1:27:37 PM permalink
I have read that 95-98% of all sex in Western Africa is transactional sex and only 2-5% is relational sex. (sorry, I can't find the reference.)

Transactional sex is a broad term that includes prostitution but in Africa it does not equate to Nevada's legal brothels or to Denmark's legalized prostitution districts. It refers to all women growing up with the concept that their sexuality has financial value and that it is normal and accepted to exchange sex for money or other resources (food, merchandise, physical labor by male partners, etc.)

Scholarly articles state that transactional sex is common in Subsaharan Africa and in parts of Southeast Asia. But I am surprised by the low numbers that get quoted for relational sex.

Is this the future? Or, is it only the intersection of poverty with Western Consumerism (and an absence of religious teaching)?

Are long-term committed sexual relationships between men and women going to become the exception rather than the rule? Should they?
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
DanMahoney
DanMahoney
  • Threads: 7
Thanks for this post from:
darkoz
June 1st, 2018 at 1:33:07 PM permalink
I would guess those figures are about average for the USA from my experience.
DanMahoney
DanMahoney
  • Threads: 7
June 1st, 2018 at 1:33:34 PM permalink
and Barney's.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
June 1st, 2018 at 1:54:44 PM permalink
Take a look at the Irish Travelers in Illinois, Texas and South Carolina. Males are brought up to be big, strong and aggressive; females are brought up to know how to use their bodies. Little girls go to beauty parlors, wear evening gowns flown in from Neiman Marcus and are taught sexualized poses.
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 21
DanMahoneyams288
June 1st, 2018 at 2:15:52 PM permalink
Quote: DanMahoney

I would guess those figures are about average for the USA from my experience.

Ha... in MY experience it's about 5% relational and 95% "solo work."
gordonm888
gordonm888 
  • Threads: 46
June 1st, 2018 at 2:39:26 PM permalink
I am getting the impression that the next WOV Spring Fling should be in Western Africa
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
  • Threads: 45
June 1st, 2018 at 2:44:56 PM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

Ha... in MY experience it's about 5% relational and 95% "solo work."

Now wash your hands please $;o)
Take care out there. Spare a thought for the newly poor who were happy in their world just a few days ago, but whose whole way of life just collapsed..
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 313
DanMahoney
June 1st, 2018 at 4:40:31 PM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

transactional sex ... refers to all women growing up with the concept that their sexuality has financial value and that it is normal and accepted to exchange sex for money or other resources (food, merchandise, physical labor by male partners, etc.) ... Is this the future?

It's nothing new: it's called "marriage."
Last edited by: unnamed administrator on Jun 1, 2018
"What, me worry?"
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 428
June 1st, 2018 at 8:59:34 PM permalink
All sex with a woman is transactional. They
either do it because they want something,
think they'll get something, or it's part
of a contract like marriage where they
do it out of contractual agreement.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 313
beachbumbabs
June 1st, 2018 at 9:07:02 PM permalink
I don't know if I'd say applies to ALL of the nookie I've gotten over the years.

Some of the girls just wanted to do it.

No demands, no expectations, just a party, wham bam thank you mam and sayonara: both of us satisfied.

I sort of miss those days.
"What, me worry?"

• Jump to: