MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
Thanked by
ncfatcat
January 15th, 2018 at 12:27:42 PM permalink
No question that MLK was a leader, a man who had a vision of a better place and worked hard to achieve it.

He was flawed, yes, but he certainly tried his damnedest.

That was then, this is now.

Who are the leaders of today?

I cannot name anyone who I think speaks collectively for the blacks, or the Hispanics.

Hell, Trump is an un-leader for the whites.

We're all adrift with nobody at the tiller.
"What, me worry?"
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
January 15th, 2018 at 12:30:45 PM permalink
I'd like to think one of the end game "goals" for MLK and other leaders like him is once we've had our eyes opened to the issues that us, the every day individual could/would help make the world a better place.
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
Thanked by
BozRS
January 15th, 2018 at 1:23:28 PM permalink
MLK would never be assassinated today. He'd be falsely accused and publicly condemned of sexual misconduct because he doesn't fit the left's narrative of what a strong black man is supposed to be. The left can't have black leaders who preach personal responsibility and faith. They need them to blame whitey for everything and continue to vote for gov handouts.
100% risk of ruin
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
Thanked by
RogerKint
January 15th, 2018 at 1:34:27 PM permalink
Quote: RogerKint

MLK would never be assassinated today. He'd be falsely accused and publicly condemned of sexual misconduct because he doesn't fit the left's narrative of what a strong black man is supposed to be. The left can't have black leaders who preach personal responsibility and faith. They need them to blame whitey for everything and continue to vote for gov handouts.

And the ones who speak their minds are called “Uncle Tom’s” and worse.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
January 15th, 2018 at 4:05:36 PM permalink
There have not been any real leaders in America for quite awhile.

Why?
"What, me worry?"
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
January 15th, 2018 at 4:12:23 PM permalink
Sheep don't require leaders. Only decent shepards.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
Thanked by
gamerfreakbeachbumbabsdarkozrxwineRomes
January 15th, 2018 at 4:31:49 PM permalink
Until recently, I thought we had advanced to a point of not needing leaders for each racial group. Sadly, we're moving back to a point of blaming Mexicans, Muslims, and people from sh*thole countries for our problems as opposed to finding the real causes and working to overcome them.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
January 15th, 2018 at 9:43:38 PM permalink
Power is more concentrated than ever, every voice you hear is at their direction. All the leaders are billionaires and multi millionaires, behind the scenes, anybody with a voice is a puppet.
I am a robot.
ncfatcat
ncfatcat
  • Threads: 2
January 16th, 2018 at 8:10:49 AM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

Power is more concentrated than ever, every voice you hear is at their direction. All the leaders are billionaires and multi millionaires, behind the scenes, anybody with a voice is a puppet.

America has become a plutocracy
Gambling is a metaphor for life. Hang around long enough and it's all gone.
Steverinos
Steverinos
  • Threads: 5
January 16th, 2018 at 11:09:08 AM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

And sadly, nobody wants to really talk about how we got to this point. We recently just doubled down on trickle-down economics which concentrates even MORE power and wealth in the hands of few.
  • Jump to: