10 votes (71.42%)
6 votes (42.85%)

14 members have voted

• Threads: 31
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
June 24th, 2016 at 3:40:48 AM permalink
People just have too much time on their hands. Instead of worrying about whether you are part of texas, mexico, or independent; how about just enjoy life. The world doesn't need any more pioneers. If they don't like it then move to northern Canada and make your own country.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
June 24th, 2016 at 5:07:41 AM permalink
"Texit' would be a disaster for Republicans. It would shift the electoral map so far in favor of the Democrats. And the Senate would have two less seats (seats that are pretty much guaranteed Republican seats).

So I voted for "I can't wait to see it"
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
June 24th, 2016 at 5:22:48 AM permalink
Build that wall, give them to Mexico;)
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
  • Threads: 37
June 24th, 2016 at 5:34:53 AM permalink
Have they got any mountains in Texas that resemble North Georgia?

Nevermind, I just remembered how silly I look in a Cowboy hat ;-)
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
June 24th, 2016 at 5:59:41 AM permalink
they should let them go and then invade them and take them back. It would be like playing real life risk.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
June 24th, 2016 at 6:14:09 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

"Texit' would be a disaster for Republicans. It would shift the electoral map so far in favor of the Democrats. And the Senate would have two less seats (seats that are pretty much guaranteed Republican seats).

So I voted for "I can't wait to see it"

For the record, I voted for both items.
June 24th, 2016 at 6:24:10 AM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

Build that wall, give them to Mexico;)

I finally find a reason to agree with Bob Miller. Texas belongs to Mexico, and it is therefore; Mexico is responsible to pay for the construction of the wall.
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
June 24th, 2016 at 7:16:58 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

they should let them go and then invade them and take them back. It would be like playing real life risk.

You are dismissing the fact that Texas would probably win the war.
But it's still an excellent idea ;-)
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
June 24th, 2016 at 7:27:45 AM permalink
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
June 24th, 2016 at 7:28:02 AM permalink
3 votes a piece and each have 60%

Some real fuzzy math going on here!
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
June 24th, 2016 at 7:34:51 AM permalink
Quote: TwoFeathersATL

You are dismissing the fact that Texas would probably win the war.
But it's still an excellent idea ;-)

Texas poorly trained militias and their AR-15, Sig Sauer and other assault rifles are no match to the Federal's force consisting nuclear weapons, fighter aircrafts, tanks, submarines, warships, bombs, missiles, mines, and highly trained military personnel.
June 24th, 2016 at 7:47:21 AM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

3 votes a piece and each have 60%

Some real fuzzy math going on here!

Because the poll allow individual votes on multiple items (I voted on both items).
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
June 24th, 2016 at 7:50:32 AM permalink
Quote: 777

Because the poll allow individual votes on multiple items (I voted on both items).

Ok. I bumped them to 66.66% :-)
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
June 24th, 2016 at 8:11:07 AM permalink

Texas poorly trained militias and their AR-15, Sig Sauer and other assault rifles are no match to the Federal's force consisting nuclear weapons, fighter aircrafts, tanks, submarines, warships, bombs, missiles, mines, and highly trained military personnel.

Dear 7's, you perhaps forgot how many of those weapons of destruction do indeed reside IN TEXAS. I forgive you for that oversight.

They also got quite a few Texans, and I heard a rumor they aren't that forgiving....
Last edited by: TwoFeathersATL on Jun 24, 2016
Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 46
June 24th, 2016 at 8:24:30 AM permalink

Have they got any mountains in Texas that resemble North Georgia?

Not quite what you meant, but Enchanted Rock in Texas has a lot of similarities to Stone Mountain in Georgia, except without the carving. Probably some possibilities in that regard.
June 24th, 2016 at 8:28:02 AM permalink

Dear 7's, you perhaps forgot how many of those weapons of destruction do indeed reside IN TEXAS. You are forgiven for that oversight.

They also got quite a few Texans, and I heard a rumor they aren't that forgiving....

Those weapons belong to the Fed. In a secession, Texas can only gets its land and have the immovable properties (military air bases and other military installations/infrastructures that cannot be moved will be blown up by the Fed). Any properties own by the Fed that can be moved will be shipped to other red and blue states.

The slogan "Don't Mess With Texas" will become a joke. All it takes is a dropping of two nuclear bombs to be ordered by our trigger happy President-elected Bob Miller ...
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
June 24th, 2016 at 8:29:15 AM permalink
Quote: Doc

Not quite what you meant, but Enchanted Rock in Texas has a lot of similarities to Stone Mountain in Georgia, except without the carving. Probably some possibilities in that regard.

If you are implying replicating the carving in Texas you will be labeled a racist, instead of the loveable ole geezer we all know you to be ;-)

<edit > could you see the mountain from your place in Snellville? I hiked up the mountain on Tues, behind my 11 & 13 year old, and quite disrespectful, sons. Took me 21 min, they messed up their stopwatch so I don't know their times. I wasn't hurrying, was just enjoying the mountain. I used to speed hike it, regularly. I broke 10 min once, on the second attempt of the day, and puked all over the benchmark at the finish. Prolly 20 years ago.
Sorry to all, prolly should have PM'd Doc. Too late.... Actually, that maybe should have been OG. Laughing now!

No, pretty sure is should have been Doc, maybe. I'm confused, again.....
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
June 24th, 2016 at 8:32:01 AM permalink
Remember the Alamo!
"What, me worry?"
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
June 24th, 2016 at 8:35:54 AM permalink

Vietnam's poorly trained militias and their bla bla bla are no match for federal force consisting of bla bla bla... because nukes. Don't mess with Texas.
100% risk of ruin
bigfoot66
bigfoot66
  • Threads: 54
June 24th, 2016 at 8:39:15 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

People just have too much time on their hands. Instead of worrying about whether you are part of texas, mexico, or independent; how about just enjoy life. The world doesn't need any more pioneers. If they don't like it then move to northern Canada and make your own country.

South park said it best:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fZZqDJXOVg
Vote for Nobody 2020!
June 24th, 2016 at 8:51:57 AM permalink
Quote: bigfoot66

South park said it best:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fZZqDJXOVg

Where will all Texans go?

Canada? I doubt they all will go to Canada because Canada has very strict gun control laws.

And if Texan return to their Mexico homeland, then will they be considered illegal alien by the Mexican government/people?
June 24th, 2016 at 9:03:40 AM permalink
Quote: MrV

Remember the Alamo!

As far as I am concerned (En lo que a mí respecta), the Alamo is a military installation and it can be used by Texas militias. And knowing our President-elected Bob Miller's trigger happy and hot temper, I have no doubt that the Alamo will be nuked by the order of Bob Miller in the event of the Texas secession from the good old U.S. of A.
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
June 24th, 2016 at 9:43:47 AM permalink

As far as I am concerned (En lo que a mí respecta), the Alamo is a military installation and it can be used by Texas militias. And knowing our President-elected Bob Miller's trigger happy and hot temper, I have no doubt that the Alamo will be nuked by the order of Bob Miller in the event of the Texas secession from the good old U.S. of A.

Why would you believe that Bob Miller (didn't you mean John Miller ) wouldn't run for president of both countries simultaneously? Heinlein said ' drop two chinamen on the moon and they will get rich selling each other rocks', or something like that ;-)

Hopefully Texas will remain an integral part of the USA. We haven't gotten over our last 'Civil War'.
How can any war be described as 'Civil' ? That one was about as uncivil as you can get.

The fact that there are thousands, tens of thousands, whatever, Texans willing to discuss the subject does not reflect as badly on Texas as it reflects badly on the USA.

We got a problem Houston. No, not calling the next national gov't here, just an expression.

I think we'll get there, I think it will take awhile.
And I'm an optimist.....
June 24th, 2016 at 9:58:47 AM permalink

Why would you believe that Bob Miller (didn't you mean John Miller ) wouldn't run for president of both countries simultaneously? Heinlein said ' drop two chinamen on the moon and they will get rich selling each other rocks', or something like that ;-)

Hopefully Texas will remain an integral part of the USA. We haven't gotten over our last 'Civil War'.
How can any war be described as 'Civil' ? That one was about as uncivil as you can get.

The fact that there are thousands, tens of thousands, whatever, Texans willing to discuss the subject does not reflect as badly on Texas as it reflects badly on the USA.

We got a problem Houston. No, not calling the next national gov't here, just an expression.

I think we'll get there, I think it will take awhile.
And I'm an optimist.....

Because a "converted" was somewhat mad a me for using the term "John Miller". I'm just trying to avoid confrontation.

Texas secessionist movement is being ridiculed by many and no one takes those Texan "militias" or radical seriously.
June 24th, 2016 at 10:32:18 AM permalink

Dear 7's, you perhaps forgot how many of those weapons of destruction do indeed reside IN TEXAS. I forgive you for that oversight.

If there is a secession, there will be a negotiations between the Fed and the Texans. Even if Texas nation gets some of the Fed's military weapons and installations, the Fed's military equipment, weapons, installations, and personnel are far more superior in both quantity and quality.
RogerKint
RogerKint
June 24th, 2016 at 10:35:25 AM permalink

Even if Texas nation gets some of the Fed's military weapons and installations, the Fed's military equipment, weapons, installations, and personnel are far more superior in both quantity and quality.

False. The conflict will be decided by an arm wrastling competition. Threads like these are a joke. No offense of course.
100% risk of ruin
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 26
June 24th, 2016 at 2:02:57 PM permalink
Quote: RogerKint

Vietnam's poorly trained militias and their bla bla bla are no match for federal force consisting of bla bla bla... because nukes. Don't mess with Texas.

You mean the Vietnamese militias that were backed by a standing North Vietnamese Army and the support of multiple foreign governments including at least one superpower? Is that what you mean by "bla bla bla?"
RogerKint
RogerKint
June 24th, 2016 at 2:15:05 PM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

You mean the Vietnamese militias that were backed by a standing North Vietnamese Army and the support of multiple foreign governments including at least one superpower? Is that what you mean by "bla bla bla?"

Totally
100% risk of ruin
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
June 24th, 2016 at 2:45:01 PM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

I'm with RK. USA#1 is no good at guerilla warfare. Those problems can't be solved by tech, only by bodies in the streets. And the American public does not like bodies in the streets.

Traditional war gives us the Turkey Shoot of Iraq. We were like 18,000 and 0, flawless victory. Guerilla war was like Iraq parts 2 and 3. Don't know the score, but I'm now short some friends.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
  • Jump to: