MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
February 6th, 2016 at 1:49:35 PM permalink
Triple American Grill on Charleston west, plus they have lots of other solid food including Philly cheesesteaks. There's also a place called Johnny Macs that has huge wings but can't remember where they are. Think over in Henderson.
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
February 6th, 2016 at 1:51:30 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

My favorite wings in Vegas are at a little dive bar on Pecos and Tropicana. It is called Putter's. I always order them hot and "charred" where after frying them and saucing them they throw them on the grill and give them a little char. I particularly like them that way because you still get the flavor of the sauce but they are not messy because the sauce cooks off a little on the grill.

If you don't remember to order them "charred" you will just end up with regular wings.

Thanks Drich just sent a runner to try it out.
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
Gabes22
Gabes22
  • Threads: 15
February 6th, 2016 at 3:37:43 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Really? Not doubting you, but I lived there 1997-2013, and never saw wings listed on the menu that way, or had them offered charred. Though there are many fine wing establishments there, and we ate them regularly. Maybe it was something to do with Bike Week that spread nationally? (Not a biker chick, me.)

As to the grill thing, I would like that a LOT. Think I'll watch for that option on wings menus. Learn something new every day.

That's what they call the wings at Hooters if you ask to have them charred on the grill after the sauce is applied. That said, I kind of expect more of the people here. If I was travelling to a town I was unfamiliar with and asked for the best wings and someone replied Hooters, I might find that a bit insulting, unless, of course, and I don't live there, so I don't know, that those might be the best wings around a major city. It's kind of akin to asking for the best burger in town and directing them to a McDonald's. But if those wings are good at Putter's I would like to know for my next trip out there. There seems to be one on Las Vegas Blvd as well almost all the way down to South Point.
A flute with no holes is not a flute, a donut with no holes is a danish
SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
  • Threads: 113
February 6th, 2016 at 3:45:41 PM permalink
As you can all imagine, Hooters failed dismally in Buffalo, and closed. What they pass off as Buffalo Wings just doesn't cut it when compared to real Buffalo Wings. Asking where you get the best wings in Vegas is like asking where you get the best BLT in Tel Aviv.

Anyone passing through the Buffalo area, google Duff's in the Eastern Hills Mall.
Gabes22
Gabes22
  • Threads: 15
February 6th, 2016 at 4:06:14 PM permalink
Sounds like you are from Buffalo, I would like to know if my wing sauce holds up to Buffalo's standards.
I use Frank's Red Hot (what I hear they use in Buffalo)
I put in half a stick of butter
2 cloves of garlic sent through a garlic press
about 8 drops of Worcestershire sauce
a tsp of cayenne pepper (sometimes I substitute chili powder instead)
2 tsp of onion powder
about a quarter size pile of salt in my palm
a little bit of fresh cracked black pepper
a splash of white vinegar

I grill my wings and then put them in a bowl with the sauce and stir them up, never putting any sauce on while on the grill
A flute with no holes is not a flute, a donut with no holes is a danish
ten2win
ten2win
  • Threads: 20
February 6th, 2016 at 4:10:27 PM permalink
Since we stay primarily Downtown, these would be my 2 choices:

1. The Chicago Brewing Company @ The FourQueens. Big, meaty wings, choice of sauces. None of that breading stuff. They also have a great IPA from a local Las Vegas Brewery.

2. Thai Style wings @ Le Thai., further down Fremont, almost to the El Cortez. Again, different levels of heat, absolutely delish.

While at Red Rock over Thanksgiving, we found the 8 Noodle Bar. They have these salt & pepper chicken wings, wok cooked with chiles, garlic and scallions. They are VERY tasty.

Having grown up in Buffalo/WNY, I've had my share of really good wings.
I don't know everything but I know a lot.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
  • Threads: 113
February 6th, 2016 at 4:29:53 PM permalink
Quote: Gabes22

Sounds like you are from Buffalo, I would like to know if my wing sauce holds up to Buffalo's standards.
I use Frank's Red Hot (what I hear they use in Buffalo)
I put in half a stick of butter
2 cloves of garlic sent through a garlic press
about 8 drops of Worcestershire sauce
a tsp of cayenne pepper (sometimes I substitute chili powder instead)
2 tsp of onion powder
about a quarter size pile of salt in my palm
a little bit of fresh cracked black pepper
a splash of white vinegar

I grill my wings and then put them in a bowl with the sauce and stir them up, never putting any sauce on while on the grill

I'm salivating now!

• Jump to: