Whats the best restaurant for wings in las vegas? I need some suggestions ASAP
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
  • Threads: 37
February 5th, 2016 at 6:20:00 AM permalink
Quote: djatc

He's feeling flighty, he needs some wings. Pls, somebody make a suggestion. Pls, somebody else get this jhit on video..
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
ukaserex
ukaserex
  • Threads: 21
February 5th, 2016 at 6:30:02 AM permalink
Opinions will vary - but how could you go wrong with Hooters? They have made a tidy fortune selling the part of chicken that years ago, nobody wanted.

Available breaded or not, with varying degrees of heat, or even just plain with salt & pepper.

Alternatively, you might find Tony Roma's wings - they're made slightly different, with a slightly different sauce. They bake them first to the point where they're not quite done, then bread and fry them to finish them off - the meat comes off the bone so much more easily than simply frying them.

Just my opinion. I'm sure there are plenty of Wing restaurants that will have numerous types of sauces, but I'm a fellow who sticks to basics.
"Those who have no idea what they are doing, genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they are doing." - John Cleese
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
February 5th, 2016 at 6:38:49 AM permalink
Quote: ukaserex

Opinions will vary - but how could you go wrong with Hooters? They have made a tidy fortune selling the part of chicken that years ago, nobody wanted...

Is it just me, or do most people go there for the breasts and thighs? :-)
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
February 5th, 2016 at 6:41:59 AM permalink
I'd stick with the basics, Hooters it is, are, were, forever shall remain, basic.
HeyMrDJ
HeyMrDJ
  • Threads: 9
February 5th, 2016 at 6:57:41 AM permalink
I had room service at the mirage once, were the best wings I have ever had. I like hooters, I think they are generally the best you get, but the mirage ones were a class above. Not sure if they are produced by a restaurant within the mirage or not
Guess who peed in my Cheerios? Romes did...
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
February 5th, 2016 at 7:05:50 AM permalink
Quote: HeyMrDJ

I had room service at the mirage once, <snip> the best <snip>I have ever had. I like hooters, I think they are < snip> the best <snip> but the mirage ones were a class above. Not sure if they are produced <snip> within the mirage or not

What did it cost?

Pls, no offense to Mr DJ.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
February 5th, 2016 at 8:33:45 AM permalink
Quote: djatc

My favorite wings in Vegas are at a little dive bar on Pecos and Tropicana. It is called Putter's. I always order them hot and "charred" where after frying them and saucing them they throw them on the grill and give them a little char. I particularly like them that way because you still get the flavor of the sauce but they are not messy because the sauce cooks off a little on the grill.

If you don't remember to order them "charred" you will just end up with regular wings.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
February 5th, 2016 at 12:19:09 PM permalink
Peppermill hands down for me in Vegas. Classic buffalo wings.
Sabretom2
Sabretom2
  • Threads: 11
February 5th, 2016 at 2:15:10 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

My favorite wings in Vegas are at a little dive bar on Pecos and Tropicana. It is called Putter's. I always order them hot and "charred" where after frying them and saucing them they throw them on the grill and give them a little char. I particularly like them that way because you still get the flavor of the sauce but they are not messy because the sauce cooks off a little on the grill.

If you don't remember to order them "charred" you will just end up with regular wings.

Most places call these "Daytona Beach".
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
February 5th, 2016 at 2:19:28 PM permalink
Buffalo Wild Wings was on Kentry's bucket list. Idk if that's a good or bad thing.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
February 5th, 2016 at 9:54:16 PM permalink
Quote: Sabretom2

Most places call these "Daytona Beach".

Really? Not doubting you, but I lived there 1997-2013, and never saw wings listed on the menu that way, or had them offered charred. Though there are many fine wing establishments there, and we ate them regularly. Maybe it was something to do with Bike Week that spread nationally? (Not a biker chick, me.)

As to the grill thing, I would like that a LOT. Think I'll watch for that option on wings menus. Learn something new every day.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
  • Threads: 26
February 5th, 2016 at 10:12:42 PM permalink
IMO the fury wings at Ramsay's Burger are the best in Vegas.
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. — Amarillo Slim Preston
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
February 6th, 2016 at 1:58:42 AM permalink
Quote: PokerGrinder

IMO the fury wings at Ramsay's Burger are the best in Vegas.

The 6 for $14.99? They are good but you need a 2nd mortgage to get full on them.
Sabretom2
Sabretom2
  • Threads: 11
February 6th, 2016 at 6:13:05 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Really? Not doubting you, but I lived there 1997-2013, and never saw wings listed on the menu that way, or had them offered charred. Though there are many fine wing establishments there, and we ate them regularly. Maybe it was something to do with Bike Week that spread nationally? (Not a biker chick, me.)

As to the grill thing, I would like that a LOT. Think I'll watch for that option on wings menus. Learn something new every day.

Check out the Hooters menu centerfold.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
February 6th, 2016 at 6:15:54 AM permalink
Quote: Sabretom2

Check out the Hooters menu centerfold.

OK. If that's where it started (Hooters), definitely a Bike Week thing. Cool!
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
February 6th, 2016 at 6:40:27 AM permalink
Quote: Boz

The 6 for $14.99? They are good but you need a 2nd mortgage to get full on them.

I think it is 8 for $14 and it is only $13 with a club card. Not much more expensive than a pound of wings back home for $10-$11.
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. — Amarillo Slim Preston
coilman
coilman
  • Threads: 139
February 6th, 2016 at 6:58:36 AM permalink
Quote: PokerGrinder

I think it is 8 for $14 and it is only $13 with a club card. Not much more expensive than a pound of wings back home for $10-$11.

Are you forgetting the 40% exchange on the dollar ? $18 Canadian =$13 US so 70-80% more expensive
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
February 6th, 2016 at 7:41:36 AM permalink
Quote: coilman

Are you forgetting the 40% exchange on the dollar ? $18 Canadian =$13 US so 70-80% more expensive

Well by that logic though everything is a lot more expensive in comparison. Hell I go to subway in Vegas it's going to cost me 50% more than in Canada lol.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
February 6th, 2016 at 10:58:20 AM permalink
I think BWW has wings for $0.25 on Thursdays or some shlit. If you were smart (not an insult), you would'a bought like 500 wings a few days ago and saved them for SBS. That's what I'm doing with the pizzas (bought 12 of them on Monday because they were cheaper). No room in the fridge, even though dude said best to refrigerate them, I figured room temperature is better for them anyway (room temp being 82 degrees).

I bet you $5 you can't eat 6 of the super-flucking-spicy (most spicy) wings at BWW in 5 minutes with nothing to drink, no throwing up, etc. (for at least 30 minutes after the last wing is consumed).
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
February 6th, 2016 at 1:49:35 PM permalink
Triple American Grill on Charleston west, plus they have lots of other solid food including Philly cheesesteaks. There's also a place called Johnny Macs that has huge wings but can't remember where they are. Think over in Henderson.
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
February 6th, 2016 at 1:51:30 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

Thanks Drich just sent a runner to try it out.
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
Gabes22
Gabes22
  • Threads: 15
February 6th, 2016 at 3:37:43 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

That's what they call the wings at Hooters if you ask to have them charred on the grill after the sauce is applied. That said, I kind of expect more of the people here. If I was travelling to a town I was unfamiliar with and asked for the best wings and someone replied Hooters, I might find that a bit insulting, unless, of course, and I don't live there, so I don't know, that those might be the best wings around a major city. It's kind of akin to asking for the best burger in town and directing them to a McDonald's. But if those wings are good at Putter's I would like to know for my next trip out there. There seems to be one on Las Vegas Blvd as well almost all the way down to South Point.
A flute with no holes is not a flute, a donut with no holes is a danish
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
February 6th, 2016 at 3:45:41 PM permalink
As you can all imagine, Hooters failed dismally in Buffalo, and closed. What they pass off as Buffalo Wings just doesn't cut it when compared to real Buffalo Wings. Asking where you get the best wings in Vegas is like asking where you get the best BLT in Tel Aviv.

Anyone passing through the Buffalo area, google Duff's in the Eastern Hills Mall.
Gabes22
Gabes22
  • Threads: 15
February 6th, 2016 at 4:06:14 PM permalink
Sounds like you are from Buffalo, I would like to know if my wing sauce holds up to Buffalo's standards.
I use Frank's Red Hot (what I hear they use in Buffalo)
I put in half a stick of butter
2 cloves of garlic sent through a garlic press
about 8 drops of Worcestershire sauce
a tsp of cayenne pepper (sometimes I substitute chili powder instead)
2 tsp of onion powder
about a quarter size pile of salt in my palm
a little bit of fresh cracked black pepper
a splash of white vinegar

I grill my wings and then put them in a bowl with the sauce and stir them up, never putting any sauce on while on the grill
A flute with no holes is not a flute, a donut with no holes is a danish
ten2win
ten2win
  • Threads: 20
February 6th, 2016 at 4:10:27 PM permalink
Since we stay primarily Downtown, these would be my 2 choices:

1. The Chicago Brewing Company @ The FourQueens. Big, meaty wings, choice of sauces. None of that breading stuff. They also have a great IPA from a local Las Vegas Brewery.

2. Thai Style wings @ Le Thai., further down Fremont, almost to the El Cortez. Again, different levels of heat, absolutely delish.

While at Red Rock over Thanksgiving, we found the 8 Noodle Bar. They have these salt & pepper chicken wings, wok cooked with chiles, garlic and scallions. They are VERY tasty.

Having grown up in Buffalo/WNY, I've had my share of really good wings.
I don't know everything but I know a lot.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
February 6th, 2016 at 4:29:53 PM permalink
Quote: Gabes22

Sounds like you are from Buffalo, I would like to know if my wing sauce holds up to Buffalo's standards.
I use Frank's Red Hot (what I hear they use in Buffalo)
I put in half a stick of butter
2 cloves of garlic sent through a garlic press
about 8 drops of Worcestershire sauce
a tsp of cayenne pepper (sometimes I substitute chili powder instead)
2 tsp of onion powder
about a quarter size pile of salt in my palm
a little bit of fresh cracked black pepper
a splash of white vinegar

I grill my wings and then put them in a bowl with the sauce and stir them up, never putting any sauce on while on the grill

I'm salivating now!
  • Jump to: