Malaru
Malaru
  • Threads: 79
September 16th, 2014 at 6:40:01 PM permalink
Im trying to find a basic 'average' for peoples walking/jogging/running speed in a 'by pound/weight' categorization.

For example avg 150 pound man on a brisk walk takes 15 minutes
avg 250 pound man on a brisk walk takes 16 minutes... something like that

Im not having any luck finding something of this nature online. i did find that most fit or semi-fit runners see an increase/decrease of about 2 seconds per pound of weight lost or gained. However im sure this figure would have more of a parabola look if you were to show it across all weights

One reason im curious about this is im wondering how far behind the mark I am from what I would like to be- compared to others my own height/weight- i think knowing this could give a good indicator on health conditions for ones self that are not as manifest (for instance would high cholesterol cause a person who was 150 pounds ot jog significantly slower then another who is 150 pounds) - but i want to find numbers.
"Although men flatter themselves with their great actions, they are not so often the result of a great design as of chance." - Francois De La Rochefoucauld
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
  • Threads: 32
September 16th, 2014 at 6:42:07 PM permalink
I'm a fat ass and it takes me about 16-17 minutes to walk a mile, as long as it's not uphill
  • Jump to: