Thread Rating:

Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
Joined: Jul 30, 2012
  • Threads: 75
  • Posts: 5072
December 9th, 2013 at 5:04:57 AM permalink
Quote: djatc

I borrow towels/toilet paper/bathrobes from casinos...A flagship property at a major strip casino has instituted the "djatc" rule: Bathrobes may be taken out of rooms for $80 apiece since I borrowed 2 and didn't return them.


Did you return the toilet paper that you "borrowed"? lol...
Fighting BS one post at a time!
Dicenor33
Dicenor33
Joined: Aug 28, 2013
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 624
December 9th, 2013 at 5:51:06 AM permalink
Poker book writers make you think that the rest of the world is illiterate. As you begin to play, you realize, all players read the same book, and you are the fish.
aceofspades
aceofspades
Joined: Apr 4, 2012
  • Threads: 366
  • Posts: 6506
December 9th, 2013 at 8:14:08 AM permalink
Quote: djatc

My mom buys 90% of my clothing. The other 10% I replace less than once a year.

The reason why is because she works at a Duty Free and get's Polo's and other brand name stuff real cheap when they go on sale. Problem is I cannot access the inventory as parts of the Duty Free store is only available for people with international flights. Without a boarding pass you can't even walk in the area, therefore I really have no idea what type of clothing I am getting until she sends it.

Socks/underwear/undershirts usually I'll just pick up at a Walmart or something. I'm very cheap in this area as well since most of those items I just mentioned were issued to me by the Air Force during basic training a year ago.

I borrow towels/toilet paper/bathrobes from casinos. I have not bought toiletries except for dandruff shampoo, toothbrushes and toothpaste. A flagship property at a major strip casino has instituted the "djatc" rule: Bathrobes may be taken out of rooms for $80 apiece since I borrowed 2 and didn't return them. I"ll give you a hint it's not MGM lol.

Finally one last thing. I haven't loved a person in many many years. Except for my family but you know you are forced to love them even if you hate them. Sometimes I feel like I'm becoming somebody who has an unhealthy love of money, and cannot rationalize the expected loss in hourly by not "working".





Couldn't your mom take a photo on her cell phone and text/email them to you showing you the choices available?
kewlj
kewlj
Joined: Apr 17, 2012
  • Threads: 212
  • Posts: 4299
December 9th, 2013 at 9:10:35 AM permalink
Quote: djatc

My mom buys 90% of my clothing. The other 10% I replace less than once a year.

The reason why is because she works at a Duty Free and get's Polo's and other brand name stuff real cheap when they go on sale. Problem is I cannot access the inventory as parts of the Duty Free store is only available for people with international flights. Without a boarding pass you can't even walk in the area, therefore I really have no idea what type of clothing I am getting until she sends it.

Socks/underwear/undershirts usually I'll just pick up at a Walmart or something. I'm very cheap in this area as well since most of those items I just mentioned were issued to me by the Air Force during basic training a year ago.

I borrow towels/toilet paper/bathrobes from casinos. I have not bought toiletries except for dandruff shampoo, toothbrushes and toothpaste. A flagship property at a major strip casino has instituted the "djatc" rule: Bathrobes may be taken out of rooms for $80 apiece since I borrowed 2 and didn't return them. I"ll give you a hint it's not MGM lol.

Finally one last thing. I haven't loved a person in many many years. Except for my family but you know you are forced to love them even if you hate them. Sometimes I feel like I'm becoming somebody who has an unhealthy love of money, and cannot rationalize the expected loss in hourly by not "working".



Interesting post, djatc. The duty free thing plays into the frugality that many AP's have as a quality. But, REALLY, cut the cord. You are a grown man...buy your own cloths. Lol.

Your post also indicates that loner quality that many card counter, AP types posses. When, I became active in the online blackjack communities, I was surprised to find so many card counter types, especially players that play for a living or play for serious money share the same 'loner' quality that I did. I have concluded it comes down to trust issues. As I examined myself and this issue, I didn't like that quality. In the past couple of years, I have made more of an effort, to be less of a loner, and enjoy those people that I am close to. In my own case, this is really a small circle. But it's a start. Lol
djatc
djatc
Joined: Jan 15, 2013
  • Threads: 83
  • Posts: 4477
December 9th, 2013 at 10:39:22 AM permalink
Ace: no cell phones allowed at her work. I used to skip a lot of high school because of this.

kewlj: I figured it would be a secret worth sharing..... Even though it is one of those things that doesn't help me in any way. I asked her to stop buying me clothes but she would still do it because of the great deals she gets.

Regarding AP, luckily I found a couple of guys who run in the same circles and accomplish the same things I am attempting. One guy has quadrupled my hourly and I am reaping a more comfortable income because so. It's more fun to work with people than alone in this business. Sometimes we share action and look for new plays which would be torture if I had to do it on my own.
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
djatc
djatc
Joined: Jan 15, 2013
  • Threads: 83
  • Posts: 4477
December 9th, 2013 at 10:40:20 AM permalink
Quote: Beethoven9th

Quote: djatc

I borrow towels/toilet paper/bathrobes from casinos...A flagship property at a major strip casino has instituted the "djatc" rule: Bathrobes may be taken out of rooms for $80 apiece since I borrowed 2 and didn't return them.


Did you return the toilet paper that you "borrowed"? lol...



I hope to someday but for now its "borrowed"
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
rainman
rainman
Joined: Mar 28, 2012
  • Threads: 18
  • Posts: 1466
December 9th, 2013 at 11:21:11 AM permalink
djatc's momma dresses him. :) You got no shot at getting a girlfriend. :)
EvenBob
EvenBob
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
  • Threads: 432
  • Posts: 25064
December 9th, 2013 at 12:16:38 PM permalink
Quote: djatc

I'm becoming somebody who has an unhealthy love of money.



You're Japanese, isn't that a cultural thing?
The Japanese I knew when I lived in Hawaii
were all very tight with money, it was almost
their religion.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
djatc
djatc
Joined: Jan 15, 2013
  • Threads: 83
  • Posts: 4477
December 9th, 2013 at 1:03:58 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

You're Japanese, isn't that a cultural thing?
The Japanese I knew when I lived in Hawaii
were all very tight with money, it was almost
their religion.



I think it is more of a local mentality. I grew up in Hawaii and I was resigned to working 2 jobs if I wanted to move out on my own. Mom still charged me rent, but it wasn't outrageous so I could manage. Now I have no job and make my rent without slaving in a cubicle.

I still get crap about being cheap. I had to go do a play and the hourly was high but still walked to the casino instead of taking a cab.....
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
EvenBob
EvenBob
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
  • Threads: 432
  • Posts: 25064
December 9th, 2013 at 1:19:36 PM permalink
Quote: djatc


I still get crap about being cheap. I had to go do a play and the hourly was high but still walked to the casino instead of taking a cab.....



I'm sure you know this, Japan has one of the
most frugal societies in the world. They have
a great work ethic and save their money like
crazy. They also have one of the unhappiest
cultures on the planet. This has to be connected
to the money thing. I saw a study on TV and
most Japanese are not happy, they have a very
high suicide rate.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal

  • Jump to: