Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
September 10th, 2013 at 6:44:16 AM permalink
At long last, her suffering is now over SAD !

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/08/showbiz/annette-funicello-obit
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
Buzzard
Buzzard
September 10th, 2013 at 12:17:58 PM permalink
This news hit my heart hard twice. I grew up watching the Mouseketeers, then as a teenage when to drive-in to see Beach Party movies. First crush was Annette. Plus I had a cousin Cookie, who was an Annette look-alike. First cousin at that, so no romantic interest SIGH A Miss Uso one year, married an ex minor leauge ball player in 1966, I got out of USAF April that year.

Her husband Rick worked days, I worked mids and collected or hustled during daylight hours. They live in mixed neighborhood off Rogers avenue. Only white couple for blocks. I would stop in once a week, just to let everybody know I was around !

Would bring a gallon of milk, a hot loaf of French bread from Silbers bakery, and a pound of Land of Lakes butter. What a great time that summer was. Ice cold milk and buttered bread. A gourmet delight. Hot as hell that summer.

Was 2 years until I would meet Josie and turn over to the DARK SIDE. LOL

Googled Cookie's real name before heading back to Baltimore last month. Unfortunately that search ended like most. But was glad to see she went back to being a Nurse. What an angel.

Looked up Ricks phone number. Never called. What the hell can I say to ease his pain ? ? ?

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/carrollcountytimes/obituary.aspx?pid=148174555#fbLoggedOut
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
24Bingo
24Bingo
  • Threads: 23
September 10th, 2013 at 12:43:46 PM permalink
...you know she died in April, right?
The trick to poker is learning not to beat yourself up for your mistakes too much, and certainly not too little, but just the right amount.
Buzzard
Buzzard
September 10th, 2013 at 12:47:10 PM permalink
Yeah, I do. Makes it even more painful.
  • Jump to: