Thread Rating:

NicksGamingStuff
NicksGamingStuff
  • Threads: 50
November 1st, 2012 at 4:29:44 PM permalink
Once again I am in a situation where I am scheduled to work before an opportunity to give two weeks notice. I am on days at my new place, but if I want to keep the old one I would be about an hour late to work each day. I have worked swing for the last year and I am excited I am getting a chance to work day shift! Hmmm, what to do. I am doing the 3 day one week 4 day the next thing, so ideally I would try to work the schedule around it. The money is about $30-$50 more a day in tips at the new place.

I do not like to reveal where I work specifically, because I never know who is going to come find me or who reads this but I will offer some clues:
Anyway I hope my boss doesn't get mad that I will have to call saying I will be an hour late or have to call out tomorrow.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
November 1st, 2012 at 4:39:18 PM permalink
The only place you'd make 30-50 a day more
is NYNY. Good job..
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
November 1st, 2012 at 4:47:01 PM permalink
Another move, this one to the strip? Nice!!
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
November 1st, 2012 at 4:48:14 PM permalink
Its a difficult situation but I would recommend you be honest about having found a higher paying position and that the new employer is not willing to adjust your schedule so as to allow you to give two weeks notice (sounds as if you were very considerate). Go for the new job and don't fell any false loyalty to the old job. They would drop you if they had the slightest reason to so just do your best by them and be honest with them. If they say "Leave now" .... so be it.

And don't even give "hints" about where you work. You work in Vegas or On The Strip.... but NOTHING more specific than that.
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
November 1st, 2012 at 5:49:17 PM permalink
I would strongly suggest you give them as much notice as , oh say, The Wiz got.

Seriously, if you can give notice, it's always nice to do so. But if not, that's business.

I have known people who were loyal employees for 20 + years and when their card key did not work,
someone let them in the building , then had security watch them empty their desk of personal items.

Any yet non-productive CEO's get golden parachutes !
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
November 2nd, 2012 at 12:49:12 AM permalink
If you take the job at the "new" place, I guarantee I will be there to play craps at your table. I promise to make you use every payout key :)
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
NicksGamingStuff
NicksGamingStuff
  • Threads: 50
November 3rd, 2012 at 10:12:57 AM permalink
I had my first day yesterday, it was okay.... I don't think I will keep it though because the schedules run into each other and working a 16 hour day is not fun. I plan to resign on Monday. If I were to leave my previous job I would be making only $100 more a check at the new job. What I need is another part time job that is about 20 hours a week in the non-gaming industry!
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
November 3rd, 2012 at 11:56:20 PM permalink
Damn ... guess I'll have to get out to XXXXX Station at some point.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
  • Jump to: