DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 74
February 26th, 2015 at 3:36:16 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

This is your chance to own chairs that were previously owned by two of the greats in gambling mathematics.

Somebody has a high opinion of them self.

Just kidding.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
Mission146
Mission146 
  • Threads: 125
February 26th, 2015 at 4:07:43 PM permalink
Quote: teliot

This is my home, not a hotel. There are no bedbugs here. I keep my home very clean, inside and out. Everything is in good to excellent shape. Most items are free. I will either give most of this stuff away to WoV members and/or their friends or to charity. I've got a house full of things -- everything that one needs to have a household.

I really don't know where you are coming from with the "bedbug" stuff, but that's about as false and inappropriate a statement as you have ever made. Since there is no positive content to your statement, the only possible outcome of what you said is to cause harm to me.

Do you have bedbugs in your home? Is that the issue here? Or are you just taking a shot at me? Shameful.

I'm not taking a shot at anyone!

I was asking if you got any of the stuff from a hotel liquidation sale because the wood armchairs look like those very common to hotel rooms. I followed that up by saying it's not a bad idea because you can get decent stuff at a low price. I've done it before, myself. I was just stating that bedbugs are a problem for some hotels, so you want to be sure to spray anything you get from a hotel liquidation sale, and actually, you also want to leave it outside for acouple days, if possible.

I'd never say anything even remotely designed to offend you, we've always gotten along very well, and as you know, I follow your site pretty religiously and look up to your analytical and mathematical skills much the same as I do Wizard's.
Vultures can't be choosers.
Mission146
Mission146 
February 26th, 2015 at 4:27:11 PM permalink
I can also take a picture to substantiate, if you like. Those chairs are substantially similar to chairs that can be found at the hotel I manage. Except, perhaps the seat is not as wide at the hotel...and I want to say the seats are purple. Light purple? I can take pictures if you like, my color perception sucks.

Anyway, the design of the arms and legs is virtually identical, I'm my opinion. Having stayed in many hotels, managed two and worked in three, a full 80% of hotels in which I have been have such chairs.
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
February 26th, 2015 at 4:36:09 PM permalink
Do FOR SALE threads still have to be pre-approved—assuming this was as Mission is in here
teliot
teliot
  • Threads: 39
February 26th, 2015 at 4:43:01 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

I'm not taking a shot at anyone!

Okay.
Visit my YouTube Channel: @AdvancedAdvantagePlay
Mission146
Mission146 
February 26th, 2015 at 4:43:13 PM permalink
Quote: aceofspades

Do FOR SALE threads still have to be pre-approved—assuming this was as Mission is in here

Teliot is a long- standing member who also happens to be freely giving away some of this stuff. Further, none of the posted items are anything that would compete with this site or the purposes thereof.

To wit, if you were to make a thread of this nature, you would not need pre-approval.
teliot
teliot
February 26th, 2015 at 4:43:26 PM permalink
Quote: aceofspades

I asked his honor Zuga for permission and he told me to go ahead.
teliot
teliot
February 26th, 2015 at 4:46:38 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Don't you have a Buddah statue? I would be interested in that.

Mike, it is for sale but not a giveaway. I really like it and would otherwise be happy to bring it back to Santa Barbara with me.

If you are still interested, you would have to answer the following question first: "Does a Buddha statue have Buddha nature?"
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
February 26th, 2015 at 4:47:26 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

I can also take a picture to substantiate, if you like. Those chairs are substantially similar to chairs that can be found at the hotel I manage. Except, perhaps the seat is not as wide at the hotel...and I want to say the seats are purple. Light purple? I can take pictures if you like, my color perception sucks.

Anyway, the design of the arms and legs is virtually identical, I'm my opinion. Having stayed in many hotels, managed two and worked in three, a full 80% of hotels in which I have been have such chairs.

Does your hotel have bedbugs?
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
teliot
teliot
February 26th, 2015 at 4:50:09 PM permalink
I found a charity that will take anything that I can't otherwise sell or give away here -- New Vista Ranch.

http://newvistaranch.org/

Their motto: "Empowering the Intellectually Challenged."

They are coming here on Wednesday, March 4. So, anything not claimed before then is to be donated thereunto.

• Jump to: