DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 80
November 27th, 2021 at 4:35:20 AM permalink
Quote: TomG

Quote: billryan

Any Wells Fargo branch accepts rolled coins from depositors. They don't take them when you open an account but once you establish an account they take a couple hundred a day.

How about without rolling them?
link to original post

The Wells Fargo I went to last week would not accept them unless they were rolled. That is a change for them as they used to accept my water jug full of coins.
Order from chaos
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 14
November 28th, 2021 at 6:21:37 AM permalink

Semi-related (but didnít want to start a new thread). In the Bahamas, the penny is apparently no longer legal tender. Transactions are rounded up or down to the nearest nickel.

Sign from Atlantis, by the cage.

Not sure how to rotate it.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 216
November 28th, 2021 at 6:44:58 AM permalink
Quote: unJon

Semi-related (but didnít want to start a new thread). In the Bahamas, the penny is apparently no longer legal tender. Transactions are rounded up or down to the nearest nickel.

Sign from Atlantis, by the cage.

Not sure how to rotate it.
link to original post

Are they talking US coins or Bahamian cents?
The Bahama currency is strange in that a US Dollar =a Bahamian Dollar but then a strange ratio kicks in so $100 US=something like $100.50 B, and when you get up to $10,000 the difference is substantial.
I see the sign says both.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 64
November 28th, 2021 at 1:49:13 PM permalink
People getting shorted on their penny slot TITOs, way to go!
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
November 30th, 2021 at 1:49:08 PM permalink
Having the misfortune of going to a laundromat on the road today, and the change machine was out of quarters. I donít visit laundromats often but thatís the first time Iíve ever seen that. Iím holding you hoarders indirectly responsible if the two quarters I have left after wash donít adequately dry my clothes!!!
(dryer machine says 0.50 but most laundromats you need to pump a couple more In to adequately dry)
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 64
November 30th, 2021 at 2:04:04 PM permalink
It's not the hoarders, it's the banks and the Treasury. But I be hoarding anyway.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
November 30th, 2021 at 2:09:24 PM permalink
Iíll blame who I want tho. Nope, not dry but I did manage to change $1 for quarters to someone who DID NOT charge me a premium. Now itís going to be like toilet paper Iíll have to start hoarding it myself in case I need to do laundry on the road.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 335
November 30th, 2021 at 6:12:04 PM permalink
My bank, Umpqua, has a machine that sorts and counts change and they let me use it for free whenever I ask.
"What, me worry?"
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 11
November 30th, 2021 at 6:13:03 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

Having the misfortune of going to a laundromat on the road today, and the change machine was out of quarters. I donít visit laundromats often but thatís the first time Iíve ever seen that. Iím holding you hoarders indirectly responsible if the two quarters I have left after wash donít adequately dry my clothes!!!
(dryer machine says 0.50 but most laundromats you need to pump a couple more In to adequately dry)
link to original post

I had the same problem with an earlier nationwide coin shortage.

I was very pleased to notice a coin-op carwash across the street, got my change there, did laundry and played the coin-pusher for a while.

(Some coin pushers have integrated bill changers; sadly, this one did not.)
May the cards fall in your favor.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 216
Thanks for this post from:
ChumpChange
November 30th, 2021 at 6:49:15 PM permalink
I had a strange experience at the Dollar store near me. I stopped in for a gallon of milk but noticed they had keto brownies for $3.25 or 2/$5. I get to the cashier and the brownies ring up for $3.25 each. I mention the sign says 2/$5 and she immediately calls the manager over. I tell her about the sign and she rings them in and they still come up $3.25 each. I say I don't want them and she rings up the milk. I hand her a $20 bill and she pushes it back. They aren't accepting $20 bills Evidently, the armed car services are incredibly short of drivers and Cochise County is so remote they can't spare a truck and have greatly reduced deliveries. I swiped my debit card but this is the first time I've encountered a store not taking $20s.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.

• Jump to: