GWAE
GWAE
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
  • Threads: 93
  • Posts: 9854
February 20th, 2019 at 2:54:23 PM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

I get pulled over all the time because I'm a great driver, for me. Idgaf.



I am very cautious. I really prefer not to waste $150. Also have never been in a wreck.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
Joined: Jun 1, 2014
  • Threads: 45
  • Posts: 4539
February 20th, 2019 at 3:06:11 PM permalink
A friend of mine used to regularly take a shortcut through an industrial estate, late at night and was frequently stopped to explain his presence there and asked what was in his trunk*

So one day, when challenged, he just said "I'm shifting a grand piano for my nephew"
"OK Wise guy, Step out and open the trunk"*
And there it was, all alone in the center* of his trunk*: A 10 inch kiddy's grand piano!
"Very funny sunshine. On your way"
They never bothered him again.

* It was 'boot' and 'centre', but I paraphrased into American for you $:o)
Take care out there. Spare a thought for the newly poor who were happy in their world just a few days ago, but whose whole way of life just collapsed..
EvenBob
EvenBob
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
  • Threads: 424
  • Posts: 24222
February 20th, 2019 at 3:31:03 PM permalink
Isn't the stat something like 90%
of the tickets are gotten by 10%
of the drivers on the road.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 175
  • Posts: 9771
February 20th, 2019 at 3:46:30 PM permalink
Fact- The Nations Highways are dangerous.
Fact- The more time you spend on them ,
the more likely it is you are involved in a serious accident.
Fact- Going over the speed limit lessens the time you spend
on the Nations Highways.
Conclusion- Going over the speed limit reduces your chances
of getting in an accident.


It beats the heck out of a Sovereign Citizen stand.
GWAE
GWAE
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
  • Threads: 93
  • Posts: 9854
February 20th, 2019 at 4:09:39 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Fact- The Nations Highways are dangerous.
Fact- The more time you spend on them ,
the more likely it is you are involved in a serious accident.
Fact- Going over the speed limit lessens the time you spend
on the Nations Highways.
Conclusion- Going over the speed limit reduces your chances
of getting in an accident.


It beats the heck out of a Sovereign Citizen stand.



Fact the speed limits are set based on the safest traveling speed. Going over that makes it more dangerous
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
RS
RS
Joined: Feb 11, 2014
  • Threads: 62
  • Posts: 8623
Thanks for this post from:
OnceDearMaxPenEvenBobodiousgambitbeachbumbabs
February 20th, 2019 at 4:12:37 PM permalink
Idk about any of you droned-out sheeple, but no way in hell am I gonna let a cop or anyone search my car if I'm not legally compelled to do so. It's just a fishing expedition on their behalf. I might have money, casino chips, and other stuff that I don't want a cop to see. Even a couple thousand dollars might make them suspicious....and I ain't gonna let no cops get "suspicious" because I have money or casino chips.


If a cop wants to search your car -- that is NOT the type of person you want to be searching your car.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
Joined: Jan 26, 2012
  • Threads: 209
  • Posts: 8000
February 20th, 2019 at 4:17:20 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Fact- The Nations Highways are dangerous.
Fact- The more time you spend on them ,
the more likely it is you are involved in a serious accident.
Fact- Going over the speed limit lessens the time you spend
on the Nations Highways.
Conclusion- Going over the speed limit reduces your chances
of getting in an accident.


It beats the heck out of a Sovereign Citizen stand.

Most of the time you get tickets, you're out of town in unknown areas. It wasn't the first time and wasn't the first town I have been pulled over in unfamiliar areas this year for not using a turning signal changing lanes.
In the land of the blind, the man with one eye is the care taker. Hold my beer.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
Joined: Jan 26, 2012
  • Threads: 209
  • Posts: 8000
February 20th, 2019 at 4:30:24 PM permalink
I completely overlooked this fact, I probably got the ticket, not because I didn't consent to the search, but because I couldn't find the insurance card. He had to make sure I either had insurance or didn't. Unfortunately I got a copy before he gave me the ticket but not before he came back. I didn't like how the judge said things like this or that is illlll-llllaaay-gal. She shouldn't be saying things like this, shows predetermination of guilt before trial. I'm not worried about this thing, I will just take care of what I need to do, and not waste time.
In the land of the blind, the man with one eye is the care taker. Hold my beer.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
Joined: Nov 9, 2009
  • Threads: 304
  • Posts: 8374
February 21st, 2019 at 5:32:24 AM permalink
I fought a ticket and won once, but it took several trips to the court .

I appealed the verdict that the traffic court judge doled out [also a woman]. In the appeal I found out that traffic court is *officially* considered kangaroo court in VA [they have some Latin term for that]. I could prove the officer lied about my driving record, but turns out kangaroos keep no records, thus it was just my assertion.

PS, trying to look it up, "atrium arbiter honorarius medium" is probably what the appeals court judge said traffic court was considered
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!” She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
Keeneone
Keeneone
Joined: Aug 16, 2014
  • Threads: 15
  • Posts: 1153
Thanks for this post from:
OnceDear
February 21st, 2019 at 2:58:35 PM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

A friend of mine used to regularly take a shortcut through an industrial estate, late at night and was frequently stopped to explain his presence there and asked what was in his trunk*

So one day, when challenged, he just said "I'm shifting a grand piano for my nephew"
"OK Wise guy, Step out and open the trunk"*
And there it was, all alone in the center* of his trunk*: A 10 inch kiddy's grand piano!
"Very funny sunshine. On your way"
They never bothered him again.

* It was 'boot' and 'centre', but I paraphrased into American for you $:o)


You should have also "translated" shifting to moving. Shifting is close to shifty. :)
https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/shifty

  • Jump to: