BleedingChipsSlowly
BleedingChipsSlowly
Joined: Jul 9, 2010
  • Threads: 17
  • Posts: 872
Thanks for this post from:
ams288Zuga
December 17th, 2018 at 4:19:09 PM permalink
IOS 12.1.2 Safari. Working again after deleting web site data for wizardofvegas.com only.

Settings -> Safari -> Advanced -> Website Data
“You don’t bring a bone saw to a negotiation.” - Robert Jordan, former U.S. ambassador to Saudi Arabia
scolist
scolist
Joined: Mar 16, 2018
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 33
December 17th, 2018 at 5:05:13 PM permalink
Quote: BleedingChipsSlowly

IOS 12.1.2 Safari. Working again after deleting web site data for wizardofvegas.com only.

Settings -> Safari -> Advanced -> Website Data



Finally!!!

Thank You!
There's no way out of here When you come in You're in for good There was no promise made The part you played The chance...........you took
Doc
Doc
Joined: Feb 27, 2010
  • Threads: 45
  • Posts: 6890
December 17th, 2018 at 5:44:45 PM permalink
Quote: Keyser

In the past this site has always been unusually slow to load, however if you load it via incognito mode it will always load much faster. I suspect that it's because the site spends too much time trying to read the other sites that you've visited via cookies.


I have always assumed that the slow load when logged in was because the site was looking up the last post you had read in each thread in order to display properly whether there are new posts for you to read in a thread.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
Joined: Dec 28, 2014
  • Threads: 43
  • Posts: 2927
December 17th, 2018 at 5:48:12 PM permalink
Clearing cookies in iOS chrome fixed it

It had been working great up until yesterday
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
Joined: Jan 26, 2012
  • Threads: 192
  • Posts: 7253
December 17th, 2018 at 7:34:45 PM permalink
CTRL F5 never did anything for me, but the site has been working on Chrome about an hour or two.
#FreeNATHAN #Paytheslaves
BlueEagle
BlueEagle
Joined: Jun 7, 2015
  • Threads: 5
  • Posts: 248
December 17th, 2018 at 9:58:10 PM permalink
Quote: Doc

I have always assumed that the slow load when logged in was because the site was looking up the last post you had read in each thread in order to display properly whether there are new posts for you to read in a thread.


That's done with a timestamp. The server knows what time you were last on the website, so anything posted after that should be new to you.
Bellaing
Bellaing
Joined: Feb 15, 2017
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 23
December 18th, 2018 at 5:17:42 AM permalink
Quote: BlueEagle

No problem for me using Chrome on Windows 10.



+1
Doc
Doc
Joined: Feb 27, 2010
  • Threads: 45
  • Posts: 6890
December 18th, 2018 at 6:23:33 AM permalink
Quote: BlueEagle

That's done with a timestamp. The server knows what time you were last on the website, so anything posted after that should be new to you.


But it also keeps track of things that were posted prior to my last visit but which I haven't yet read. That's a lot to keep track of and load every time I visit the forum.
ams288
ams288
Joined: Sep 26, 2012
  • Threads: 17
  • Posts: 5277
December 18th, 2018 at 6:51:22 AM permalink
Quote: BleedingChipsSlowly

IOS 12.1.2 Safari. Working again after deleting web site data for wizardofvegas.com only.

Settings -> Safari -> Advanced -> Website Data



That fixed it for me on my iPhone.
Lock him up!
ahiromu
ahiromu
Joined: Jan 15, 2010
  • Threads: 112
  • Posts: 2101
December 18th, 2018 at 8:53:27 AM permalink
I had a similar issue as has been described. The site would try to load the threads... But never stop loading. I did absolutely nothing, just not visiting the site yesterday, and it's working as intended today.
Its - Possessive; It's - "It is" / "It has"; There - Location; Their - Possessive; They're - "They are"

  • Jump to: