BigTip
BigTip
  • Threads: 3
September 6th, 2010 at 12:24:42 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

This happens on ALL gambling forums. You eventually run low on gambling related topics and start discussing broader subjects. People moan and wring their hands, but they don't start any new gambling threads, they wait for everybody else to do it. I say, if you don't like the current threads, start new ones. Or shut up about it.

Don't limit this statement to gambling forums. This is true about the majority of internet discussion forums. Most people are good people. But it only takes a small minority of pot stirrers to screw up a site.

I agree each "I've got a system" post must be refuted. Sometimes though there are pot stirrers that just want to cause trouble. I have learned from experience on other sites to not reward the pot stirrer with attention. That is usually what they seek.

It would also be good for the admins of sites to be much more swift to act to ban pot stirrers. I have found that most admins, being good and just, take too long "cutting out cancers". These sites are not democracies. They are benevolent dictatorships. That's not a bad thing.

I am on a few Las Vegas and some sports discussion sites. You don't need controversy and fighting to keep a site interesting.
ElectricDreams
ElectricDreams
  • Threads: 4
September 9th, 2010 at 11:28:04 AM permalink
Quote: BigTip

Don't limit this statement to gambling forums. This is true about the majority of internet discussion forums. Most people are good people. But it only takes a small minority of pot stirrers to screw up a site.

I wouldn't even limit it to forums; every corner of the Internet inevitably attracts someone who likes to 'stir the pot'.

This whole discussion reminds me of an applicable Penny Arcade comic, by the way.
only1choice
only1choice
  • Threads: 59
December 24th, 2010 at 10:28:33 AM permalink
Quote: It would also be good for the admins of sites to be much more swift to act to ban pot stirrers. I have found that most admins, being good and just, take too long "cutting out cancers". These sites are not democracies. They are benevolent dictatorships. That's not a bad thing.

I am on a few Las Vegas and some sports discussion sites. You don't need controversy and fighting to keep a site interesting.[/q

I brought this site back because it fits the occasion.

IF YOU PLAY "PLAY TO WIN"

• Jump to: