AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 221
May 5th, 2016 at 4:04:11 PM permalink
Quote: Scan

Terrible company!

First, I have to agree with the above. Calling them is a job for your insurance company. A reason she is probably ignoring you is because she is not supposed to deal with claims from the other party.

That being said, I used to work there, and it is a godawful place to be employed. They give three solid days of what amounts to brainwashing. History of the company, your part in it, their commitment to you and their members. Then 5 more days of all about the members, which amounts to telling you how hard life in the military is. You even cook an MRE.

Their training on the product I will give them was pretty good. But the place fast gets to be a chop shop. I was at the bank, so we had to offer a second product when people called. It was insane, guy gets declined for an auto loan and they wanted you to offer him mutual funds. Two kinds of people flourished. One was those that just did as they were told and did not let the crazy things bother them, The other was people who were smart enough to just do the job, but not think for themselves. Enlisted military did well, used to following orders. If you thought for yourself you were not long for the job.

So remember, this is what you get there.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
Scan
Scan
  • Threads: 91
May 5th, 2016 at 6:50:27 PM permalink
This is NOT a personal injury claim
My car was parked and a USAA insured person hit it.
Only about $1200 damage
USAA is paying it all

After the claim was filed the rep called me and I gave her all my info
I later realized that I had a minor issue that I felt could become a problem, so before the car went into the shop I call rep, ( a woman in Texas) I got no response so I called and called. I basically pleaded with her to call me back but I could not get in touch with her
I finally called the main number and was given the number of her manager, I called her, and she never called me back

I looked on line and they had HOFFIFIC rating from customers. Many said they could never get a call back

This is just a friendly warning to those on the WOV site with me
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 221
May 6th, 2016 at 2:39:14 AM permalink
Quote: Scan

This is NOT a personal injury claim
My car was parked and a USAA insured person hit it.
Only about $1200 damage
USAA is paying it all

Understood, but your insurance company should handle it. I got hit from behind several years back, My company was the only one I talked to. Or do you not have collision? Then you would talk to them.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
rsactuary
rsactuary
  • Threads: 21
May 13th, 2016 at 9:06:55 AM permalink
If you are not getting responses, one option is to call the Texas Department of Insurance and file a complaint. (They are based in San Antonio).
ukaserex
ukaserex
May 14th, 2016 at 6:24:30 AM permalink
I have mixed views on USAA. When I was in college, I took a right turn on red. And I know that I had plenty of time to get in the lane - because the guy didn't rear-end me until we were beyond 1/4 mile up the road.

Anyway, USAA was my insurance and they paid the claim to the other guy, even though he rear-ended me. I didn't like that. I didn't come out of pocket, but I didn't like it.

Fast forward - a few years ago, I was driving my father's van and was backing out of another bank's parking lot, and I just happened to hit a vintage, beautiful 1964 Corvette. I felt awful, that car was as pretty a car as I'd ever seen and I put a small hole in the passenger door with the ball of the trailer hitch.

I saw the guy a month later and he said USAA paid the claim and he was made whole. The car still looked brand spanking new. They even repainted the whole car instead of just the door.

So, I'm sure there will be cases where not everyone is satisfied, but for now, they're doing the job. And they seem to be competitive with their rates, too.

A reputable company as an alternative, I hear, would be Amica. They don't advertise, I don't think. It's all word of mouth. I hear they do pretty good.

But, opinions will vary.
"Those who have no idea what they are doing, genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they are doing." - John Cleese
TigerWu
TigerWu
May 24th, 2016 at 2:15:35 PM permalink
I have USAA for several things, and I haven't had a problem with their car insurance department yet, but then again I haven't had any accidents while I've had them. I switched to them from Geico because it was so much cheaper. Their banking department seems to be okay, too, in my experience so far.

Their mortgage department is a total nightmare, though. I would not advise anyone to use USAA for a mortgage. It took almost seven months from beginning to end to go through the mortgage process with them before everything was finally straightened out. They screwed something up almost every single step of the way.

Quote: rdw4potus

Are you sure you're doing this right? There's really no scenario in which you're supposed to ever deal directly with the other party's insurance company...

When my parked car was hit my insurance company (Geico at the time) never even got involved. The other person called HIS insurance company (Progressive) and THEIR agent came out, did the damage estimate, and I got a check directly from Progressive. This happened in California if that makes any difference.

• Jump to: