sc15
sc15
Joined: Sep 28, 2014
  • Threads: 11
  • Posts: 594
February 5th, 2015 at 1:38:50 PM permalink
Quote: Baccaratfrom79

And you know what, I have been gambling there since before tourism was all hip and chic with rides, kiddie pools and things for the family. Perfectly fine to go back to a 100% gambling town!!!!! Nudity, adult stuff, gamble-gamble-gamble, real night clubs. Throw out all the rap, the hip bars and the family tourism. Bring that crap to Disney land. Vegas was just fine prior to Steve Wynn who changed it for the worse.



I'll take a vegas that's owned by the jews over one owned by the mafia anyday.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
Joined: Dec 29, 2013
  • Threads: 15
  • Posts: 2189
February 5th, 2015 at 1:41:00 PM permalink
Without Vegas having changed, it would be suffering the same problems as A.C. and Reno. It was a necessary change now that most of the country has gaming, often better gaming, in their own back yard.
Baccaratfrom79
Baccaratfrom79
Joined: Jan 12, 2015
  • Threads: 58
  • Posts: 741
February 5th, 2015 at 1:59:06 PM permalink
The way it was re-built in the late 90's and the early 2000's they made it so it can not survive on gambling alone. Now they will start to suffer. It is coming. It has to. The properties are too big and too expensive.
Bac79=Hazardous Material and Chemical person correcting other's mistakes. Non AP'er, I can't count cards, low intelligence. Sprinkles magical dust on the cards. Has a lucky monkey. Baby also has a green one. Sum it up: "It's okay just blame me, it's all my fault"! ( No one believes me--so I chose to stop posting)
sc15
sc15
Joined: Sep 28, 2014
  • Threads: 11
  • Posts: 594
February 5th, 2015 at 3:12:58 PM permalink
Quote: Baccaratfrom79

The way it was re-built in the late 90's and the early 2000's they made it so it can not survive on gambling alone. Now they will start to suffer. It is coming. It has to. The properties are too big and too expensive.



Just like in any other business, the poorly run ones (like caesars properties) will suffer. The good ones, (like wynn) will do well.

It's not too big and too expensive unless there's insufficient revenue.

There's a reason to have expensive properties. People aren't going to go drop tens of thousands of dollars to get a free burger and fries.

If you drop 50K at the wynn, you can dine at some of the finest restaurants around, stay in a nice suite, spend a day playing golf on a private course, go clubbing, etc etc. It's hard to attract that kind of business unless you're offering amenities to attract it.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 221
  • Posts: 11677
February 5th, 2015 at 3:21:42 PM permalink
Quote: sc15

I'll take a vegas that's owned by the jews over one owned by the mafia anyday.



Weren't Flamingo and Stardust both at the same time at various points?
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
aceofspades
aceofspades
Joined: Apr 4, 2012
  • Threads: 366
  • Posts: 6506
February 7th, 2015 at 9:12:24 PM permalink
Quote: Tanko

Friend of mine was waiting to walk across a street when a driver stopped his car and waved at him to pass.

As he proceeded, he saw the driver and his passenger laughing as the driver gunned the car's engine for all it was worth.

My friend dived to avoid being hit, but he turned in time to get the plate number.

The next morning, that driver found his brand new Volvo burned to the ground.




S&@t just got real!
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 221
  • Posts: 11677
February 8th, 2015 at 4:55:48 AM permalink
Just last night I was using the free parking at Rivers. Was so busy had to park on the roof and about 10 people waiting for the elevator. 2 MAWGs in front, middle a bunch of kids mostly female, and myself and another MAWG in back. So the first two get on and I patiently wait in the line. Kids have their faces buried in their phones. After a few seconds I just walk around them and a few seconds after that the other guy behind me does the same.

We get on and the first two were asking, "where is everyone?" And I replied that their faces were buried in their phones so I went around as I had somewhere to be. Guy starts to reply something and the guy behind me confirms my statement to which we all have a universal headshake/facepalm moment.

Idiot kids, might still be waiting for all I know.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
bobsims
bobsims
Joined: Apr 8, 2014
  • Threads: 9
  • Posts: 316
February 9th, 2015 at 7:42:22 AM permalink
Quote: sc15

I'll take a vegas that's owned by the jews over one owned by the mafia anyday.



Genius, the town as we know it was started by Jews who were IN the mafia.
Zviking17
Zviking17
Joined: Nov 7, 2014
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 8
February 9th, 2015 at 8:21:55 PM permalink
Quote: Doc

"Go down to where that huge oak tree used to be before it burned down and take a left. Then take another left a quarter mile before you get to the old Johnson house. After that, you take a right just before where the railroad tracks used to run through there."



How did you get the directions to my house?? LMAO
"Onward Thru the Fog"
Frogger
Frogger
Joined: Jun 26, 2013
  • Threads: 14
  • Posts: 163
February 13th, 2015 at 8:24:54 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Just last night I was using the free parking at Rivers. Was so busy had to park on the roof and about 10 people waiting for the elevator. 2 MAWGs in front, middle a bunch of kids mostly female, and myself and another MAWG in back. So the first two get on and I patiently wait in the line. Kids have their faces buried in their phones. After a few seconds I just walk around them and a few seconds after that the other guy behind me does the same.

We get on and the first two were asking, "where is everyone?" And I replied that their faces were buried in their phones so I went around as I had somewhere to be. Guy starts to reply something and the guy behind me confirms my statement to which we all have a universal headshake/facepalm moment.

Idiot kids, might still be waiting for all I know.



Whats a MAWG.

  • Jump to: