Thread Rating:

Poll

7 votes (6.86%)
31 votes (30.39%)
64 votes (62.74%)

102 members have voted

billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 135
  • Posts: 6538
March 15th, 2019 at 4:18:08 PM permalink
Older televisions can be turned to frequencies used by cell phones.
It's what you do and not what you say If you're not part of the future then get out of the way
EvenBob
EvenBob
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
  • Threads: 417
  • Posts: 22394
March 15th, 2019 at 4:53:35 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Older televisions can be turned to frequencies used by cell phones.



We used to have an 8 party line
in the 50's. Of course we listened
because we were kids. Never heard
anything that was more exciting
than talking about laundry or
baking bread.

Life is mostly boring and repetitive,
that's why we invented fiction to
entertain ourselves with. I moved
to Calif thinking it would be exciting,
and it was just more boredom but
the weather was nicer in the winter.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
Joined: Dec 29, 2013
  • Threads: 15
  • Posts: 1710
Thanks for this post from:
RogerKint
March 16th, 2019 at 8:55:48 AM permalink
Laughlin. Why does it exist?
Minty
Minty
Joined: Jan 23, 2015
  • Threads: 4
  • Posts: 300
March 16th, 2019 at 9:20:27 AM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

Laughlin. Why does it exist?



The old people have to throw their money away somewhere and don't wanna be bothered by the whippersnappers in Vegas? Haha.
"Favorable bets are called 'investments.' Unfavorable bets constitute 'gambling.' -William Poundstone quoting John Kelly Jr. in Fortune's Formula
djatc
djatc
Joined: Jan 15, 2013
  • Threads: 83
  • Posts: 4385
March 16th, 2019 at 11:00:25 AM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

Laughlin. Why does it exist?



nukes are expensive
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
Joined: Aug 18, 2014
  • Threads: 22
  • Posts: 1797
Thanks for this post from:
petroglyph
March 16th, 2019 at 2:06:02 PM permalink
You can go to the dumpiest casino on earth and the one thing the staff are extremely attentive about is pushing the chairs at the machines back in. It's as if there's some textbook in casino management that says "the number one sign of a well run casino is that the chairs are always pushed in," and every boss beats it into everyone from the security to the slot attendants.

I'd prefer they just left em out. The average weight of those chairs is about 130 pounds. So it's not like you can just sit in them and slide back, you have to drag the things back. Or, if you are only going to be there for a minute, perch side ways or wedged in.
RS
RS
Joined: Feb 11, 2014
  • Threads: 59
  • Posts: 8001
March 16th, 2019 at 2:23:18 PM permalink
Quote: Rigondeaux

You can go to the dumpiest casino on earth and the one thing the staff are extremely attentive about is pushing the chairs at the machines back in. It's as if there's some textbook in casino management that says "the number one sign of a well run casino is that the chairs are always pushed in," and every boss beats it into everyone from the security to the slot attendants.

I'd prefer they just left em out. The average weight of those chairs is about 130 pounds. So it's not like you can just sit in them and slide back, you have to drag the things back. Or, if you are only going to be there for a minute, perch side ways or wedged in.


What kinda fake news “130 lb chairs” propaganda is this?

Keep them pushed in. Cuz if they’re pulled out, then it’s like impossible to walk through the aisle.


For real though, don’t leave crap laying in the aisle. If you’re old AF and got an oxygen tank, good for you. But if you put that s*** in the aisle, don’t get mad when someone punts it across the room.
“Man Babes” #AxelFabulous
MaxPen
MaxPen
Joined: Feb 4, 2015
  • Threads: 12
  • Posts: 2617
March 16th, 2019 at 2:46:16 PM permalink
Quote: RS

What kinda fake news “130 lb chairs” propaganda is this?

Keep them pushed in. Cuz if they’re pulled out, then it’s like impossible to walk through the aisle.


For real though, don’t leave crap laying in the aisle. If you’re old AF and got an oxygen tank, good for you. But if you put that s*** in the aisle, don’t get mad when someone punts it across the room.



Same goes for walkers, especially with ones that have big baskets mounted on them.
Posting on the People's Approved Internet Network
djatc
djatc
Joined: Jan 15, 2013
  • Threads: 83
  • Posts: 4385
March 16th, 2019 at 2:49:27 PM permalink
Quote: RS

What kinda fake news “130 lb chairs” propaganda is this?

Keep them pushed in. Cuz if they’re pulled out, then it’s like impossible to walk through the aisle.


For real though, don’t leave crap laying in the aisle. If you’re old AF and got an oxygen tank, good for you. But if you put that s*** in the aisle, don’t get mad when someone punts it across the room.



"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
EvenBob
EvenBob
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
  • Threads: 417
  • Posts: 22394
Thanks for this post from:
djatc
March 16th, 2019 at 2:51:13 PM permalink
I have so many casino pet peeves I
can't count them all.

The extremely loud intercom.

The fat lady walking in front of you
who stops at every aisle to peer
down it and you can't get around
her because her ass is 3' wide.

The person in front of you at the
ticket machine has 20 of them,
all for under $5.

Waiting to get on the robot roulette
and a guy is just sitting at one of the
stations not playing and you have
to get a staff member to move him.

Pit people who ask me what my name
is. I find that very rude.

Sitting at a slot in an empty aisle watching
a roulette board and some woman wants
to play that slot when all the ones on
the aisle are free. She thinks the slot
gods are blocking her from the winning
machine. Happens every time I do it.

People who chant and wave their hands
over the slot screen. I feel like I'm in an
asylum.

Dealers who take forever to do a chip fill.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal

  • Jump to: