34 votes (29.56%)
70 votes (60.86%)

115 members have voted

Ace2
Ace2
  • Threads: 31
May 4th, 2021 at 5:02:01 PM permalink
Quote: JohnnyQ

I ended up "having to buy" a pair of dress pants at Walmart that I don't need.

I’m guessing they weren’t Versace. What did they set you back at Walmart...$15 ?
Last edited by: Ace2 on May 4, 2021
It’s all about making that GTA
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 248
May 5th, 2021 at 3:45:40 AM permalink
I think about $ 20, and you are right, NOT Versace ! I ended up being dressed nicer than most, but not all, at the restaurant.

The pants I like to wear in Vegas and most other places now are the Wrangler very lightweight quickdry "travel pants", they have a zippered pocket on the front side of the leg, so I feel like my wallet is more secure there.

Yep, those are also available at Walmart. I don't know if Versace makes one or not.
Like the castle in its corner In a medieval game; I foresee terrible trouble And I stay here just the same
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
  • Threads: 34
May 9th, 2021 at 9:45:49 AM permalink
I was working with a worker that we suspected of burglaries. I left my key on the table for half an hour. The valet key was taken off the key ring. She quit to work for a gas station and got convicted of embezzlement. I saw her working at another restaurant. They closed down within a year. Internal theft is so prevalent. I wouldn’t even open a liquor store.

A collegiate athlete friend/ fitness trainer would brag in his 30’s that he was a burglar during high school. I told my bookkeeper that the new driver reminds me of him like they are related. The driver has a fake case against us. Ex state prosecutor in his 60’s said that he has never seen a case like ours his whole career. I showed up for the deposition of opposing witness. In the questioning, he reveals that he is related to someone with the same last name as my ex friend. This name is not common. I saw a change in his demeanor when he said the name like embarrassment. He stole a trophy at an awards ceremony. It was for national achievement in engineering. He has it above his fireplace.
Last edited by: jjjoooggg on May 9, 2021
Born in Texas and lived in Texas my whole life.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 179
May 9th, 2021 at 10:57:08 AM permalink
Pet peeve.

Cars that don't pull up close enough in a turn lane to trigger the inductive loop detector.. Or they give too much space to a motorcycle sitting at the front of a turn lane, when usually a motorcycle won't trigger the turn light by itself if it's not in the right spot. Some roads have a helpful marker for it. But you can bet for sure it's not a dozen feet back from the line even if it doesn't!!
The Hall of Unverified Claims is a vast place with many shelves.
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
May 15th, 2021 at 11:12:33 AM permalink
One of our maintenance men ( he had a drug problem that made his jaw move involuntarily side to side) complained to our bookkeeper that he used to work under the ac tech that we use. He said that the ac tech “cheats.” Dad stopped using that ac tech 7 yrs ago for another reason, overcharging. $900 to replace 20 feet of copper line set. $ 900 for warranty blower motor work. $500 for 15 min for pulley screws.

3 years ago , a friend /new ac tech said that the freezer heat strip was directly connected to power. I found myself 2 more ac’s with the same prob and also blowers running 24 hr with bypassed thermostats. And freezer compressors were directly connected to power. Only fan in loop with thermostat. We changed freezer motors every 2 weeks. I found a whole shrimp stuck deep in the evap drain pipe when i blew out the line from the downstream side. The water would turn to ice and break motors and blades.

I found 240 connected to 120 leads of transformer and 48 volt leads connected to 1 side of thermostat and ground of air handler casing. My friend said that he was getting shocked working on the unit. I texted him what i found.

Ac co installed a new condensing unit. It is 50 amp instead of 30 amp connected to a 30 amp breaker. It would trip. I had to up to 50 amp breaker switch and from 10 to 6 gauge wire. No ac co told me. I had to do it myself. One mentioned that whoever installed it “didnt do yall any favors.” Didnt explain why.

I recall an uber driver felt insulted when i said that ac techs are fraudulent. Most ppl dont run multiple restaurants and rental property. Have no idea what is happening.
Last edited by: jjjoooggg on May 15, 2021
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 434
May 15th, 2021 at 11:32:43 AM permalink
Quote: jjjoooggg

I found 240 connected to 120 leads of transformer and 48 volt leads connected to 1 side of thermostat and ground of air handler casing. My friend said that he was getting shocked working on the unit. I texted him what i found.

Which third world country do you live in, refresh my memory. Contractors and maintenance people will always rip you off. The best thing to do is join a local church. Doesn't matter if your religious or not. Get to know people and find out who does the kind of work you're looking for. If they belong to your church they are far less likely to rip you off because if you catch them it will ruin their standing in the church. This is a time-tested way of finding reliable people.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
May 15th, 2021 at 11:38:51 AM permalink
I was born in Texas and lived here my whole life.

My uncle was a christian author in south korea where christianity is dominant.
Last edited by: jjjoooggg on May 15, 2021
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
May 21st, 2021 at 11:36:12 AM permalink
I used an incognito window and googled my handle. Things I have written online here, youtube, and other places are printed up on weird websites. Often, you can see the text, but if you click on the page, it's not there and it's some bs one way or another. Try it with your user name or someone else's if yours is too common.
I am a robot.
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
June 16th, 2021 at 2:58:19 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Which third world country do you live in, refresh my memory. Contractors and maintenance people will always rip you off. The best thing to do is join a local church. Doesn't matter if your religious or not. Get to know people and find out who does the kind of work you're looking for. If they belong to your church they are far less likely to rip you off because if you catch them it will ruin their standing in the church. This is a time-tested way of finding reliable people.

I used every major ac in town except 2. One was sarcastic. Other is new. I forgot that there iis one that i dont recall ever having a bad experience.

I save alot anyway. We cant afford it. One of our restaurant competitors charge almost double. He must pay alot of maintenance bills

The new co has been next door for over 2 weeks in the past 6 weeks installing a new building. Must be having problems.

Shortage of techs: I heard from a source that one of the big co in texas are training illegals. They can buy stuff under a licensed co. I saw some techs being trained by a co under our property management co. They wouldnt answer back to lead tech giving orders.
Last edited by: jjjoooggg on Jun 16, 2021
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 179
June 17th, 2021 at 6:20:15 AM permalink
Quote: jjjoooggg

One of our maintenance men ( he had a drug problem that made his jaw move involuntarily side to side) complained to our bookkeeper that he used to work under the ac tech that we use. He said that the ac tech “cheats.” Dad stopped using that ac tech 7 yrs ago for another reason, overcharging. $900 to replace 20 feet of copper line set. $ 900 for warranty blower motor work. $500 for 15 min for pulley screws.

3 years ago , a friend /new ac tech said that the freezer heat strip was directly connected to power. I found myself 2 more ac’s with the same prob and also blowers running 24 hr with bypassed thermostats. And freezer compressors were directly connected to power. Only fan in loop with thermostat. We changed freezer motors every 2 weeks. I found a whole shrimp stuck deep in the evap drain pipe when i blew out the line from the downstream side. The water would turn to ice and break motors and blades.

Ac co installed a new condensing unit. It is 50 amp instead of 30 amp connected to a 30 amp breaker. It would trip. I had to up to 50 amp breaker switch and from 10 to 6 gauge wire. No ac co told me. I had to do it myself. One
mentioned that whoever installed it “didnt do yall any favors.” Didnt explain why.

I recall an uber driver felt insulted when i said that ac techs are fraudulent. Most ppl dont run multiple restaurants and rental property. Have no idea what is happening.

If you didn’t file complaints with the Texas department of license and regulations, then you should of.

I believe my parent’s house might have burned down from a faulty air conditioning install.
The Hall of Unverified Claims is a vast place with many shelves.

• Jump to: