Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
February 19th, 2011 at 4:33:27 PM permalink
Before I get technical I thought it was as good a time as any to bust the big myth regarding sex reassignment surgery (hence SRS).

The big myth about it is that it takes SRS to make a woman. I wish it were that simple, I'd have had it years ago.

It takes a lot more than that to make or be a woman. It's about how one acts, talks and dresses. How one presents to the world, and how others treat you as well. It involves things as simple as buying different underwear, and as difficult as breaking ingrained habits and replacing them with new ones. Large things like electrolysis, and small things like how one sits. It's not as simple as reshaping one's genitals.

My point is that if someone looks like a woman, acts like a woman and talks like a woman, there's no call to check what internal organs this someone has or doesn't have, or how this person's genitals are shaped. If this person acts, talks and looks like a woman, then she is a woman.

This is one reason I get upset when people point out the current medical state of the art can't overcome all the physiological barriers, and therefore a "true" sex change is not possible. And if you think this makes me delusional in some way, that's fine and dandy; just don't post about it hare. I'm not interested.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
February 19th, 2011 at 11:23:02 PM permalink
Quote: Nareed

The big myth about it is that it takes SRS to make a woman.

It takes being born that way to 'make' a woman. Duh. You can dress up a Buick and put a Cadillac engine in it and call it a Cadillac all day long.

Its still a Buick.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
  • Jump to: