Thread Rating:

rdw4potus
rdw4potus
Joined: Mar 11, 2010
  • Threads: 80
  • Posts: 7236
March 21st, 2017 at 12:01:16 PM permalink
it's been a couple years since I last tried to go to Bruce's. At that time, the schedule was posted on the door. it was supposed to be open, but the door was locked. Not sure if it's still in operation or not. That's also the last time I tried to go to Tommy's. Tommy's was at least an open and busy bar - they just didn't have the table open. Bartender made it sound like that was a rarity.

I think there's about 20 charities that are associated with ND bar blackjack. Each bar/table is supposed to use chips that state the name of the charity since they're technically the operator of the game. But there's blackjack in something like 100 bars across the state.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
Joined: Apr 30, 2015
  • Threads: 22
  • Posts: 4070
March 21st, 2017 at 1:09:41 PM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

it's been a couple years since I last tried to go to Bruce's. At that time, the schedule was posted on the door. it was supposed to be open, but the door was locked. Not sure if it's still in operation or not. That's also the last time I tried to go to Tommy's. Tommy's was at least an open and busy bar - they just didn't have the table open. Bartender made it sound like that was a rarity.

I think there's about 20 charities that are associated with ND bar blackjack. Each bar/table is supposed to use chips that state the name of the charity since they're technically the operator of the game. But there's blackjack in something like 100 bars across the state.



For this reason I have little to no interest in collecting from ND bars. I don't like when two casinos use the same chips don't mind 10-20 bars using the same ones. I'll pass lol.

Tommy's told me they were planning on having the poker table going in the next month or so (about 5 weeks ago) I'll be passing right through El Centro so I will stop and check but I'm not holding my breath. I'm planning on checking on Bruce's later since I will be going right past there.
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. Amarillo Slim Preston
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
Joined: Apr 30, 2015
  • Threads: 22
  • Posts: 4070
March 21st, 2017 at 7:34:22 PM permalink
Also RDW you don't have Seven Mile Casino, Lucky Lady Casino (former Normandie) and the new Hollywood Casino Jamul.
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. Amarillo Slim Preston
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
Joined: Apr 30, 2015
  • Threads: 22
  • Posts: 4070
March 21st, 2017 at 7:42:52 PM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

it's been a couple years since I last tried to go to Bruce's. At that time, the schedule was posted on the door. it was supposed to be open, but the door was locked. Not sure if it's still in operation or not.


Well I called and the number goes to nothing, their facebook page is unmanned and World Casino Directory lists them as closed so I think you can scratch that one off your list of chips to get.
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. Amarillo Slim Preston
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
Joined: Mar 11, 2010
  • Threads: 80
  • Posts: 7236
March 21st, 2017 at 8:18:27 PM permalink
Great. Now I'm considering driving 800 miles on Sunday. That's a reasonable and rational reaction to receiving that information, right?
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
Doc
Doc
Joined: Feb 27, 2010
  • Threads: 45
  • Posts: 7071
March 21st, 2017 at 9:03:12 PM permalink
But that might mean that you would miss the McNugget challenge! How can you take such a risk?
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
Joined: Apr 30, 2015
  • Threads: 22
  • Posts: 4070
March 21st, 2017 at 11:10:04 PM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

Great. Now I'm considering driving 800 miles on Sunday. That's a reasonable and rational reaction to receiving that information, right?


Totally reasonable! 800 miles in one day, I have done that multiple times. Not saying it was a good idea but very doable lol. Also nothing that involves long distances to collect poker chips is rational so don't worry about that.
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. Amarillo Slim Preston
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
Joined: Mar 11, 2010
  • Threads: 80
  • Posts: 7236
March 22nd, 2017 at 6:53:47 AM permalink
Quote: PokerGrinder

Totally reasonable! 800 miles in one day, I have done that multiple times. Not saying it was a good idea but very doable lol. Also nothing that involves long distances to collect poker chips is rational so don't worry about that.



OK, I think I could check into GVR, drop off most of my stuff, drive to Rincon via LA, stay at Harrah's for the night (are there new chips after the name change there?), grab the Hollywood and Tortoise Rock chips on Monday, and be back in Vegas by early afternoon. That at least splits the drive between two days.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
Doc
Doc
Joined: Feb 27, 2010
  • Threads: 45
  • Posts: 7071
March 22nd, 2017 at 7:23:06 AM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

... drive to Rincon via LA, stay at Harrah's for the night (are there new chips after the name change there?)....


There is at least one; scroll down on this page. I don't know whether the old ones are still in play or whether there is a full new set.
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
Joined: Apr 30, 2015
  • Threads: 22
  • Posts: 4070
March 22nd, 2017 at 10:11:54 AM permalink
Ok maybe I'm blind but I don't see any chips with Harrahs Southern California on them.
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. Amarillo Slim Preston

  • Jump to: