100xOdds
100xOdds
Joined: Feb 5, 2012
  • Threads: 519
  • Posts: 3074
March 12th, 2012 at 3:34:41 PM permalink
SuperWalmart:
4505 W Charleston Blvd
Las Vegas, NV 89102

I keep hearing the area north of the Stratosphere is sketchy.

How about 4miles NW where the SuperWalmart is?
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
Joined: Nov 17, 2009
  • Threads: 236
  • Posts: 6763
March 12th, 2012 at 4:03:24 PM permalink
Quote: 100xOdds

SuperWalmart:
4505 W Charleston Blvd
Las Vegas, NV 89102

I keep hearing the area north of the Stratosphere is sketchy.

How about 4miles NW where the SuperWalmart is?



If you are interested in purchasing narcotics, you would not have to much trouble finding a ready supplier in that neighborhood. Check out the "Spot Crime" map here.

There are more Walmart's in the Las Vegas Metro area, than any other city in the U.S. Is there are reason you are interested in this particular one?

edit: This would be the neighborhood around Arizona Charlie's Decatur.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
100xOdds
100xOdds
Joined: Feb 5, 2012
  • Threads: 519
  • Posts: 3074
March 12th, 2012 at 4:07:03 PM permalink
Quote: Ayecarumba

If you are interested in purchasing narcotics, you would not have to much trouble finding a ready supplier in that neighborhood. Check out the "Spot Crime" map here.

There are more Walmart's in the Las Vegas Metro area, than any other city in the U.S. Is there are reason you are interested in this particular one?



closest one to my holtel (LVH).

guess i'll stop by the one east of the airport after i land instead?
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard 
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
  • Threads: 1360
  • Posts: 22563
March 12th, 2012 at 4:34:00 PM permalink
Quote: 100xOdds

SuperWalmart:
4505 W Charleston Blvd
Las Vegas, NV 89102

I keep hearing the area north of the Stratosphere is sketchy.

How about 4miles NW where the SuperWalmart is?



That is quite a ways west of the Stratosphere. That area is significantly better than the Stratosphere neighborhood. I would say the area is probably average in terms of crime and poverty as far as Vegas goes.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
Joined: Nov 17, 2009
  • Threads: 236
  • Posts: 6763
March 12th, 2012 at 4:38:05 PM permalink
Quote: 100xOdds

Quote: Ayecarumba

If you are interested in purchasing narcotics, you would not have to much trouble finding a ready supplier in that neighborhood. Check out the "Spot Crime" map here.

There are more Walmart's in the Las Vegas Metro area, than any other city in the U.S. Is there are reason you are interested in this particular one?



closest one to my holtel (LVH).

guess i'll stop by the one east of the airport after i land instead?



There's one on East Tropicana too.

Are you looking for something in particular? There are some okay shopping malls near the LVH.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
teddys
teddys
Joined: Nov 14, 2009
  • Threads: 150
  • Posts: 5444
March 12th, 2012 at 5:38:24 PM permalink
Yeah, that's right by Arizona Charlie's Decatur Casino. I've been there. Exceedingly average in terms of neighborhood. I wouldn't think twice about going there.

I mean, all Wal-Marts are located in at least decent neighborhoods. That's one of the reasons they are there. Now, if you were going to Crazy Paco's Liquor, Video Poker and Laundromat, then I would be worried :)
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
Nareed
Nareed
Joined: Nov 11, 2009
  • Threads: 373
  • Posts: 11413
March 12th, 2012 at 5:51:18 PM permalink
While marginally on the topic, is there a Sam's Club easily accessible by bus from the Strip or Downtown?
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard 
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
  • Threads: 1360
  • Posts: 22563
March 12th, 2012 at 6:03:54 PM permalink
Quote: teddys

Now, if you were going to Crazy Paco's Liquor, Video Poker and Laundromat, then I would be worried :)



Is it named after our own PacoMartin?

Quote: Nareed

While marginally on the topic, is there a Sam's Club easily accessible by bus from the Strip or Downtown?



The operative word being "easily," no. There is one on west Spring Mountain Road. I'm sure there is a bus stop by the Fashion Show Mall, but it will take about 25 minutes to get there.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
Nareed
Nareed
Joined: Nov 11, 2009
  • Threads: 373
  • Posts: 11413
March 12th, 2012 at 7:04:11 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

The operative word being "easily," no. There is one on west Spring Mountain Road. I'm sure there is a bus stop by the Fashion Show Mall, but it will take about 25 minutes to get there.



Thanks! Yes, I would call that "easily accessible" It's a long ride, but not that long. I do about that much time from my house to the nearest Sam's. Longer, actually, since the closest isn't very convenient.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal

  • Jump to: