Thread Rating:

DorothyGale
DorothyGale
  • Threads: 40
March 28th, 2012 at 6:56:12 AM permalink
Quote: HotBlonde

If I am required to pay the bill I will. I applied for charity which means I have to show them copies of my bank statements and tell them how much I make, spend, etc. When I was hospitalized a few years back they told me I didn't have to pay anything.

In other words, you would rather spend your winnings on plastic surgery than pay your legitimate debts to tax payers and those who pay insurance premiums ... who will come to your defense?

--Ms. D.
"Who would have thought a good little girl like you could destroy my beautiful wickedness!"
weaselman
weaselman
  • Threads: 20
March 28th, 2012 at 7:27:33 AM permalink

I'm not planning on ditching my hospital bills. If they make me pay then I will have to pay them

I am sorry, but this is exactly what's called "ditching them" in my book. Normally, you'd pay your obligations (bills or lost bets ... whatever) without those you owe to having to make you pay.

If you have enough money to cover the bets against you in the event that you lose this bet, that money should have been paid towards your debt to the hospital.
Don't you see how claiming to them you don't have any money to pay them while making these large bets on the side is lying, and practically akin to stealing money from them? Don't you now realise that it is fairly reasonable for people who bet against you to be worried after having learned that they have been betting about a person, admittedly dishonest in financial matters?
"When two people always agree one of them is unnecessary"
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1388
March 28th, 2012 at 8:18:41 AM permalink

I applied for charity...

I have to add my voice to those who find the confession of financial difficulties troubling. Not that I'm questioning your desire to pay, but there must also be ability to pay. I think that ethical gambling includes not betting money you don't have.

In light of recent events, I'm going to have to ask SOOPOO for a clarification on his position as a guarantor in this post to thecesspit.

Quote: SOOPOO

If you are using the 'I am not sure I'll be paid if I win' reason for not betting, I will act as a guarantor for your $100 if HB doesn't pay. If you want, I will send you the $100 today. You can keep it if she fails, and SHE will be trusting YOU to send her the $1000($900 plus the $100).... You let me know.....

Did that apply to thecesspit only, or to all the original bets? I do not envy your position in this matter.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
March 28th, 2012 at 8:54:57 AM permalink
I'm going to skip the billing and interim weigh-in crap.... let me know when the final naked weigh-in takes place and how much money HB and EH won or lost.
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
March 28th, 2012 at 9:15:52 AM permalink
AZ, I'm not going to respond... we've had this thread before.

<middle paragraph - belongs in another thread > <just deleted>

Alot of people feel I think that if they can get out of paying a bill, they should. For example, if a cell user inadvertently goes way over their limit and get a big bill they were not expecting, they'll try and talk it down. If you miss a mortgage payment inadvertently, people will try to get out of the penalty. I personally feel that it's okay to push a vendor as far as they can go to reduce charges -- it's called haggling but it's up front with the vendor. It's much different however when you misrepresent yourself as someone who has the ability to pay but then doesn't.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
  • Threads: 110
March 28th, 2012 at 9:50:42 AM permalink
Quote: DorothyGale

In other words, you would rather spend your winnings on plastic surgery than pay your legitimate debts to tax payers and those who pay insurance premiums ... who will come to your defense?

--Ms. D.

Again, why are you guys saying it's EITHER OR? If I have a hospital debt I will pay. It's not EITHER PAY THE WINNERS OF THIS CHALLENGE OR PAY THE HOSPITAL and it's not EITHER PAY THE WINNERS OF THIS CHALLENGE OR GET PLASTIC SURGERY. You guys are being very narrow-minded. Did you know that I have absolutely no credit card debt? I have a personal loan from an ex-boyfriend and student loans and that's it. I have no car debt or mortgage and my credit is good. I pay my rent on time every single month.

As I stated earlier, if I qualify for charity, notice, QUALIFY, then there is no obligation in that matter.

When we were closing down these bets originally SOOPOO asked me if I wanted to open up an escrow. I said that I trusted that everyone who has made an official bet to pay me if and when I win. If you guys want me to put my $975 in an escrow then that's fine but it's going to create a whole mess to now try to get every single other person to put their money in escrow now when it was agreed that we were not going to go down that road.
OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!
Triplell
Triplell
  • Threads: 9
March 28th, 2012 at 10:02:13 AM permalink
By putting this in public forum, you are leaving yourself open to scrutiny. It likely a better option you take a less agressive stance at defending yourself. Simply stating: "I will be capable at paying both debts if need be", gets the point across to Dorothy. She might still try and push your buttons, but you need to be able to handles these things, and reply appropriately.

Just my advice :)

PS: I think it is foolish you didn't require all bets use an Escrow. I'm betting that the wizard (although not technically an Escrow, as he is part of the action), would have been a good candidate for holding the cash. Hell, he could have put the money into a 6 month CD, and guarunteed everyone 1% return on their bet.
slyther
slyther
  • Threads: 13
March 28th, 2012 at 10:14:11 AM permalink
Quote: Triplell

Hell, he could have put the money into a 6 month CD, and guarunteed everyone 1% return on their bet.

You can get 1% for 6 months? Where are you banking!?
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1388
March 28th, 2012 at 10:16:44 AM permalink

If you guys want me to put my $975 in an escrow then that's fine but it's going to create a whole mess to now try to get every single other person to put their money in escrow now when it was agreed that we were not going to go down that road.

I can't speak for everyone else, but I would like to at least escrow our bets against each other with SOOPOO. Do you agree?
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
Triplell
Triplell
  • Threads: 9
March 28th, 2012 at 11:07:00 AM permalink
Quote: slyther

You can get 1% for 6 months? Where are you banking!?

Oops...1% for 1 year. 0.75% for 6 months. Sorry.

• Jump to: