Thread Rating:

Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
December 7th, 2012 at 12:12:21 PM permalink
Quote: Buzzard

Damn, and I just bought a speedo.

Bwa ha ha... my milk just came out of my nose.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
December 7th, 2012 at 12:17:18 PM permalink
Quote: FarFromVegas

Buzz, you know I love you, but no...

Even if I dyed my hair blonde ??
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
FarFromVegas
FarFromVegas
  • Threads: 7
December 7th, 2012 at 12:34:35 PM permalink
Quote: Buzzard

Even if I dyed my hair blonde ??

Hmmmmmm.....

Each of us is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts. Preparing for a fight about your bad decision is not as smart as making a good decision.
Buzzard
Buzzard
December 7th, 2012 at 12:40:37 PM permalink
I would have to set the way back machine to about 1962.
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
Johnzimbo
Johnzimbo
  • Threads: 4
December 7th, 2012 at 3:06:47 PM permalink
Anyone know if Buzz has a twin? hehe
Buzzard
Buzzard
December 13th, 2012 at 9:03:58 PM permalink
Here is a pix of my ugly twin brother, just hanging around and doing nothing.

http://www.freedomsphoenix.com/Uploads/Graphics/171/06/171-0623070835-600full-the-good,-the-bad-and-the-ugly-poster.jpg
Buzzard
Buzzard
December 16th, 2012 at 9:14:53 PM permalink
I predict that sometime in 2013 pacomartin will become the new post leader, in some small way due to this thread.

Also at some point in 2013 I will weigh less than HB.
pkrplr4116
pkrplr4116
  • Threads: 1
December 23rd, 2012 at 12:18:50 AM permalink
I just spent the last several hours reading a great many posts. I'm very glad the drama is over. I'm proud of HB for her success. I live in Vegas and would love some motivation to lose weight, too. Here is my history. At my heaviest I was 205 around 2003. In 2005 After the end of a 13 yr long relationship, I lost approx 30 lbs. After about 6 mos of being single, I met a nice guy who was also overweight. BUT he goes to the gym everyday. Before any of you tell me he just says he goes to the gym, pls don't waste your typing. He goes and lifts weights and is still quite overweight. I have joined the gym LVAC, but have never gone. Seriously. I am putting myself out there so I get some kicks in the rump. I keep thinking I should g, but then I don't. Yes, its the same gym he goes to. I'm too out of shape for anything more strenous than the pool, at first, but maybe basic stuff?!

Anyway, the way I lost the wieght was Phentermine. I began taking the drug when I was maybe 39? Around there. It was the only thing that worked, but I had to doctor shop after about a year. I was taking maybe 2-3/day for a long time. I have not taken this drug or any other drugs for years, now. I am 52 now and I need a hard shove in the right direction. I am up to 185 right this minute and don't ever want to get back to 205. Money isn't my motivation. So I am asking the members for ideas for motivations-I guess if I had to give money if I didn't lose the weight, I'd be motivated to lose it, but the attainment of the money isn't enough (I don't think). I guess ENOUGH money would always do it, but I don't want to put myself in the position where the minute the bet was won, I'd eat again. I'd just like to want to live a different lifestyle and I don't want to, now, on my own.

When I was in my 20s, in the 1908s, I fell in love with cocaine as a way to lose weight. I didn't lose weight using the drug, but I did have to check into a long term treatment center to 'rearrange' my thinking. It worked big time. Till I fell in love with phentermine. I am too old to be risking a heart attack with that drug, and I'm long enough away from it that, like cocaine, I have no desire to get hooked again. Yes, I thank God I never did meth; it wasn't around when I was doing coke, or I'd prob be dead today.

Yes, I know I'm asking for help...its always been the only way I ever did anything right. I got sober for my dad, in fact...till it became about doing it for me. He was my motivator, as he was my emotional rock. He passed in 2008 at age 88. My three brothers live on the other coast and have their own families. So there is no one to do this for, but me. And I lack motivation. So, I've laid this all out. Does anyone have any advice? HB for one, I'd love to hear how you held on for the 9 mos.

Thanks for reading this!
Jane
P.S. I don't have a twin
Buzzard
Buzzard
December 23rd, 2012 at 1:47:52 AM permalink
The only one who can help Jane is Jane ! I would think you should want to help her. She has beat an addiction that few people do.
She obviously has a sense of humor, if not a twin. Note, I bit my tongue and did not say to kick yourself in your fat ass. If you have read my other posts, you will know only my respect for you stopped me.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1387
December 23rd, 2012 at 3:50:16 AM permalink
Hi Jane,

Welcome to the forum. What I think the forum has to offer is a cheering section for your success. The more your contribute, the more you will get out of it. I'm available to weigh you in, should you wish to make a starting weight official.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.

• Jump to: