Thread Rating:

Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 132
October 30th, 2012 at 6:12:20 PM permalink
Quote: HotBlonde

Swallow your pride, pay up, and move on. Not paying me will save you $100 but think of the real cost of that. You'll have to live with yourself and people will look very unkindly on you.

I'm glad everything is going well for you. I just wanted to briefly point out that one does not swallow his pride when one pays up, one shows that he/she has pride when one pays up.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1387
October 30th, 2012 at 7:01:02 PM permalink
Quote: HotBlonde

I'm back home and am trying to figure out where to go from here in regards to my physical makeup and my career. I'm at a great point of transition right now and am in the process of drafting my new life.

Sorry to hear about your broken heart. You know my dating advice -- I won't bother to repeat it. Let me know if I can be of any help with career advice.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 112
November 3rd, 2012 at 9:51:31 PM permalink
Any update on whether lucy or texas paid up?
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
  • Threads: 110
November 6th, 2012 at 10:13:04 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Neither of them contacted me nor paid.
OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
November 6th, 2012 at 10:23:34 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

DEADBEATS ! GRRR Heart attack or not, I would love to be collecting again !
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 325
November 9th, 2012 at 8:02:24 PM permalink
I have to wonder why the Wiz, who has the reputation of being such a savvy gambler, bet so heavily on this one?
"What, me worry?"
RaleighCraps
RaleighCraps
  • Threads: 79
November 9th, 2012 at 8:06:54 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

I have to wonder why the Wiz, who has the reputation of being such a savvy gambler, bet so heavily on this one?

It was my impression that many, if not all, of the wagerers were not making the wagers to win. They were trying to provide incentive for someone to create a more healthy life style. In the spirit of the site, it was called a wager, although it was more of a donation.
Always borrow money from a pessimist; They don't expect to get paid back ! Be yourself and speak your thoughts. Those who matter won't mind, and those that mind, don't matter!
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 112
November 9th, 2012 at 8:42:50 PM permalink
Quote: RaleighCraps

It was my impression that many, if not all, of the wagerers were not making the wagers to win. They were trying to provide incentive for someone to create a more healthy life style. In the spirit of the site, it was called a wager, although it was more of a donation.

That was my intent. But the Wiz took it as a 'good bet'. Just because a bet lost does not make it a bad bet. The Wiz has won many weight loss bets in the past, just not as 'public' as this one. As the initial oddsmaker, I to this day believe that 9 -1 was a fair line. Having seen so many try and fail at substantial weight loss, and then be referred for surgery, made me feel that HB's chances for success were slim. She proved me wrong, of course!
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
November 9th, 2012 at 9:20:07 PM permalink
" I to this day believe that 9 -1 was a fair line. " to those who think this line was wrong ,I put in the category of hindsight
is always 20/20
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1387
November 9th, 2012 at 9:21:18 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

What I lost was not that much to me. I have that much riding on many football games every week. As was mentioned, I've won lots of bets betting against someone trying to lose weight. In retrospect, it is easy to say I made a bad bet. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.

• Jump to: