Thread Rating:

mdh
mdh
  • Threads: 0
March 27th, 2011 at 7:58:07 PM permalink
I enjoy reading about the gaming info on this site. I enjoy Pacos threads especially. I would hate to see this pickering take over half the threads.
mdh
mdh
  • Threads: 0
March 27th, 2011 at 8:02:21 PM permalink
That should read bickering. I like reading about all the math and odds also(although youall would have to dumb down some for me for me to understand it all lol).
mkl654321
mkl654321
  • Threads: 65
March 27th, 2011 at 9:11:22 PM permalink
Quote: Aussie

MKL calling someone a troll is like a biggest loser contestant calling someone fat. Hilariously hypocritical stuff.

Welcome back all the same.

You're wrong, I'm afraid---JerryLogan was/is a troll; I'm not (even if someone decides to call me that). A troll simply riles people for the pleasure of it. Some hypersensitive people get pissed at what I say, but my goal is not to anger them--that is simply fallout.
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality.---George Bernard Shaw
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
March 28th, 2011 at 12:12:39 AM permalink
Quote: mkl654321

You're wrong, I'm afraid---JerryLogan was/is a troll; I'm not (even if someone decides to call me that). A troll simply riles people for the pleasure of it. Some hypersensitive people get pissed at what I say, but my goal is not to anger them--that is simply fallout.

Why not just present your answers in a different manner? If I am doing something that other people don't like, and I realize that I am wrong (we all miss that one sometimes, of course), I change my behavior. I'm not saying to abandon your opinions but all of us have two choices when we choose the tone of our comments. Basically, nice or nasty. If everyone chose "nice" there would still be a ton of information on this board and it would be a lot easier to read.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 231
March 28th, 2011 at 6:04:29 AM permalink
Quote: mdh

I enjoy reading about the gaming info on this site. I enjoy Pacos threads especially. I would hate to see this pickering take over half the threads.

I wish it would go DOWN to half the threads. Is someone paying MKL by the post? This is why USENET became a wasteland.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 179
March 28th, 2011 at 10:10:52 PM permalink
Look what I found. Mkl as a young boy. Before he went downhill and a became a degenerate gambler and all. (degenerate like all of us, I might add)

Why I thought of him, I don't know. Can you really learn algebra, geometry, trig, and calculus in a week? Self-taught, at that? I'll leave that to someone smarter than me to answer.
The Hall of Unverified Claims is a vast place with many shelves.
mkl654321
mkl654321
March 28th, 2011 at 10:17:05 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Look what I found. Mkl as a young boy. Before he went downhill and a became a degenerate gambler and all. (degenerate like all of us, I might add)

Why I thought of him, I don't know. Can you really learn algebra, geometry, trig, and calculus in a week? Self-taught, at that? I'll leave that to someone smarter than me to answer.

Without even bothering to look at whatever dogshit nonsense the link leads to, I'd hazard a guess that this post amounts to a personal attack, and the Wizard will be notified.
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality.---George Bernard Shaw
mkl654321
mkl654321
March 28th, 2011 at 10:17:56 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

I wish it would go DOWN to half the threads. Is someone paying MKL by the post? This is why USENET became a wasteland.

And YOUR posts are soooooo useful, interesting, and well-reasoned (choke).
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 434
March 28th, 2011 at 10:25:30 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Look what I found. Mkl as a young boy. .

"Jacob Barnett has an IQ of 170 - higher than Albert Einstein - and is now so far advanced in his Indiana university studies that professors are lining him up for a PHD research role."

170? The kids a piker, we have somebody here with a far higher IQ than that. PHd? Phooey, thats nothing.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 179
March 28th, 2011 at 11:48:19 PM permalink
Quote: mkl654321

Without even bothering to look at whatever dogshit nonsense the link leads to, I'd hazard a guess that this post amounts to a personal attack, and the Wizard will be notified.

Dang, if I get banned for that, I sorta wish I had made more of an effort.
The Hall of Unverified Claims is a vast place with many shelves.

• Jump to: