Thread Rating:

mkl654321
mkl654321
  • Threads: 65
December 23rd, 2010 at 10:39:14 PM permalink
Quote: Aussie

Again, it is a cop out to refuse to email him and shows you aren't serious about wanting to test it. Maybe you will test it if it's put in your lap. You seem to expect him to go to the effort of posting it here but you won't even make the minimal effort to email him to ask. That says it all.

Oh, come ON. He lurks here, he posts here, he has his avatar, JerryLogan, monitor and scream at everything said here, and you think he's somehow unaware of exactly what those members of this forum are asking him to provide? Email or no email?

And as another poster has pointed out, the burden of proof is on the person making the utterly fantastical claim, not the person(s) who are skeptical of it.
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality.---George Bernard Shaw
mkl654321
mkl654321
December 23rd, 2010 at 10:48:42 PM permalink
Quote: Doc

So I have been wondering: How can it be that two individuals who both clearly have the ability to engage in intelligent, polite discussions with me find it so difficult to EVER conduct similar conversations with each other? I understand that there are those people who just prefer to pick fights or taunt others, but it really seems strange to me that they can both be so reasonable for me to talk with (via postings) while they constantly have conflicts when interacting with each other or with other members of the forum.

See Jerry's immediate response to your post if you want to know the difference between him and me.

He is homophobic, bigoted, racist, and often extremely offensive. I am not. He takes deliberate, willful pleasure in annoying and antagonizing other people, not only on this forum, but by his own admission, in his workplace. I do not. He accompanies virtually all of his posts wherein he disagrees with someone with a personal attack/insult of some sort. I do not.

It should be noted that I have three times in the recent past offered--POLITELY--to make peace with Jerry, and told him that I would engage in civil conversation with him if he would do the same. He refused each time, and very nastily at that. I no longer respond directly to him, because it isn't worth the aggravation.
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality.---George Bernard Shaw
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 423
December 23rd, 2010 at 10:54:14 PM permalink
Quote: mkl654321

Quote: Doc

He is homophobic, bigoted, racist, and often extremely offensive.

Why can you get away with name calling? What makes you so special and so different from Jerry?
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
petro
petro
  • Threads: 17
December 23rd, 2010 at 10:59:53 PM permalink
Hi Rob,

Just thought I'd let you know I have listend to your podcasts and I like them.
I always like to hear people talking about vp.

Thanks
mkl654321
mkl654321
December 23rd, 2010 at 11:16:15 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Why can you get away with name calling? What makes you so special and so different from Jerry?

Because calling Jerry "homophobic, bigoted, racist, and often extremely offensive" isn't name-calling; it's a simple statement of fact.

I doubt that anyone on this forum (even you, if you're in the mood to be objective) would disagree.

And what makes me different from Jerry? See my post addressing that very question. I may be the subject of his frankly kind of creepy obsessions, but I'm nothing like him. For one thing, I don't anger people just for the fun of it.
EvenBob
EvenBob
December 23rd, 2010 at 11:22:20 PM permalink

Because calling Jerry "homophobic, bigoted, racist, and often extremely offensive" isn't name-calling; it's a simple statement of fact.

Thats exactly what I knew you'd say, because its what every name caller says. They can use the foulest epithets and think they can weasel out of it by saying its a 'fact'. Nice try.

>>I doubt that anyone on this forum (even you, if you're in the mood to be objective) would disagree.>>

Thats not the point. For somebody who says he's got a 190 IQ, you have all the subtlety of a blacksmith. Try and be clever, try and be imaginative. Blunt schoolyard bullying needs to be beneath you. I just insulted you 3 or 4 times and never called you one name. Its an artform.
Aussie
Aussie
  • Threads: 12
December 23rd, 2010 at 11:29:38 PM permalink

Oh, come ON. He lurks here, he posts here, he has his avatar, JerryLogan, monitor and scream at everything said here, and you think he's somehow unaware of exactly what those members of this forum are asking him to provide? Email or no email?

And as another poster has pointed out, the burden of proof is on the person making the utterly fantastical claim, not the person(s) who are skeptical of it.

Unless you have some sort of special power to see what the guy is doing 24/7 then you have no idea about whether he lurks here or not or how much time he spends monitoring the forum. I understand that in your little world 90hr weeks on this forum are common place but for the normal sub-190 iq (lol) person forums like these are nothing more than an interesting aside to their real world life. Given that the man in question has made a total of 9 posts he hardly seems a likely serial lurker so you'll have to find another nonsense argument to go with.

So once again, given that he clearly spends very little time thinking about this forum and the people who's full time jobs seem to be monitoring its content, I'd say that it is perfectly reasonable to suggest that anyone wanting to test his "evidence" send a short email to ask him for it. Someone has now done that so we will see what he comes back with. In the meantime see if you can work yourself into a lather about something that actually matters, preferably outside the virtual confines of this forum. It will do you the world of good.
mkl654321
mkl654321
December 23rd, 2010 at 11:38:01 PM permalink
Quote: Aussie

Unless you have some sort of special power to see what the guy is doing 24/7 then you have no idea about whether he lurks here or not or how much time he spends monitoring the forum. I understand that in your little world 90hr weeks on this forum are common place but for the normal sub-190 iq (lol) person forums like these are nothing more than an interesting aside to their real world life. Given that the man in question has made a total of 9 posts he hardly seems a likely serial lurker so you'll have to find another nonsense argument to go with.

So once again, given that he clearly spends very little time thinking about this forum and the people who's full time jobs seem to be monitoring its content, I'd say that it is perfectly reasonable to suggest that anyone wanting to test his "evidence" send a short email to ask him for it. Someone has now done that so we will see what he comes back with. In the meantime see if you can work yourself into a lather about something that actually matters, preferably outside the virtual confines of this forum. It will do you the world of good.

It's very easy to tell when a member has last visited the forum, whether or not he posted.

And your snide tone of voice does nothing to enhance the discussion. Personal remarks such as the ones you've made, above, have no relevance. I don't know if posts, and remarks in general, like the ones above are normal where you come from, but they're not very helpful here. I don't really care how much you post or don't, but you have nothing other than ignorance and idle speculation from which to make any such remarks about me.

In any case, I think I'll turn you off now, and await any response from JerryLoganRobSinger with bated breath.
mkl654321
mkl654321
December 23rd, 2010 at 11:42:05 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Thats exactly what I knew you'd say, because its what every name caller says. They can use the foulest epithets and think they can weasel out of it by saying its a 'fact'. Nice try.

>>I doubt that anyone on this forum (even you, if you're in the mood to be objective) would disagree.>>

Thats not the point. For somebody who says he's got a 190 IQ, you have all the subtlety of a blacksmith. Try and be clever, try and be imaginative. Blunt schoolyard bullying needs to be beneath you. I just insulted you 3 or 4 times and never called you one name. Its an artform.

"Weasel out of it?" I just AFFIRMED it. I just REITERATED it.

And I don't need to be "clever" to describe Jerry. Ordinary, simple descriptions will do.

And hooray for you for insulting me 3 or 4 times without calling me one name. You are very clever. Of course, you have almost as much skill and practice at hurling insults as Jerry. I freely admit that I'm not nearly as good at that as either of you.
EvenBob
EvenBob
December 23rd, 2010 at 11:45:28 PM permalink

"Weasel out of it?" I just AFFIRMED it. I just REITERATED it.

I can call somebody a f@@@@@g bas@@@d and give you 6 good reasons why he is. That doesn't excuse or nullify the name calling.

• Jump to: