No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
3 votes (100%)

3 members have voted

USpapergames
USpapergames
  • Threads: 18
March 4th, 2021 at 9:36:05 PM permalink
Ok, so lets get back to this thread discussion. I was hoping to find like minded people when I joined WoV but nobody seems to connect with me on this subject. I have made a lot of attempts but I think as a teacher there is a point where you have to start asking the class questions about what's preventing comprehension in order to resolve the issue.
Math is the only true form of knowledge
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
  • Threads: 45
Thanks for this post from:
SOOPOOCrystalMath
March 5th, 2021 at 1:51:15 AM permalink
Quote: USpapergames

I think as a teacher there is a point where you have to start asking the class questions about what's preventing comprehension in order to resolve the issue.

Before you can get the right answers, you need to get the right questions.

Wrong question?: Why don't my students connect with me? What's preventing them comprehending me?

Better questions?: Am I a teacher? Are these people my humble students? Why should they give a damn what I'm preaching? Might they not see value in comprehending me?

In town, there's an evangelist that stand on a soapbox sharing his wisdom. He's very passionate. Only he can see the great truths. Everyone else see's some ****** on a soapbox and just walks on by. It's not that they don't understand him.
Last edited by: OnceDear on Mar 5, 2021
Take care out there. Spare a thought for the newly poor who were happy in their world just a few days ago, but whose whole way of life just collapsed..
USpapergames
USpapergames
March 5th, 2021 at 11:46:07 AM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

Before you can get the right answers, you need to get the right questions.

Wrong question?: Why don't my students connect with me? What's preventing them comprehending me?

Better questions?: Am I a teacher? Are these people my humble students? Why should they give a damn what I'm preaching? Might they not see value in comprehending me?

In town, there's an evangelist that stand on a soapbox sharing his wisdom. He's very passionate. Only he can see the great truths. Everyone else see's some ****** on a soapbox and just walks on by. It's not that they don't understand him.

OK, fair enough. So what I'm teaching isn't something that people should have to understand. In fact I don't know many applications for this type of synesthesia, which is why I choose game design as a career, but I can actually feel the emotional connections to equations or expressions that are used in games where everyone else needs to play the game to experience the emotions behind it. But I think we need to be clear about something, I am not teaching synesthesia because synesthesia is not something that can be taught. I a merely trying to see if anyone else on here has the same form of synesthesia or something similar.
HokusPokus
HokusPokus
  • Threads: 1
March 5th, 2021 at 9:24:25 PM permalink
So I've read this thread over and over again. This thread is like the only one of his that nothing that he is saying makes any sense to me. But yet he wants us to explain where the confusion is and I don't even know where to begin.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 167
March 5th, 2021 at 9:43:25 PM permalink
Quote: USpapergames

OK, fair enough. So what I'm teaching isn't something that people should have to understand. In fact I don't know many applications for this type of synesthesia, which is why I choose game design as a career, but I can actually feel the emotional connections to equations or expressions that are used in games where everyone else needs to play the game to experience the emotions behind it. But I think we need to be clear about something, I am not teaching synesthesia because synesthesia is not something that can be taught. I a merely trying to see if anyone else on here has the same form of synesthesia or something similar.

I haven't seen anyone on the forum talking about experiencing synesthesia related to anything. That's interesting though.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 167
March 5th, 2021 at 10:00:27 PM permalink
A better thread title would be "Synesthesia from math". Easier for people to figure out even if they don't have personal experience.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
USpapergames
USpapergames
March 7th, 2021 at 7:15:06 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

A better thread title would be "Synesthesia from math". Easier for people to figure out even if they don't have personal experience.

So I think the best way to describe it is from my perspective. But your probably right.
USpapergames
USpapergames
March 7th, 2021 at 8:54:12 PM permalink
Anyone feeling this like I am right now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKkjEP29_6Y

What math expressions would you use to describe Stanley's part or Kevin's?

• Jump to: