Thread Rating:

EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
June 18th, 2020 at 7:55:37 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

I think men without preconceived notions tend to have positive experiences with women.

So once again it's the man's fault.
I've known a few women who have
no woman friends because they
just can't take never ending
melodrama.

And I know Babs isn't like any
of these women, so she won't
care we're discussing it. She may
even agree with some of it.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
June 19th, 2020 at 12:32:29 PM permalink
Quote: WhipperSnapper

The sad part is that we're talking about 55 year old man. He will probably go to his grave not understanding why everyone has a problem with him, so he will continue telling himself "Ah, they're just ungrateful jerks!" to make himself feel better.

I don't have a problem with him. His board his rules, that is the way it should be.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
June 19th, 2020 at 12:48:51 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

I don't have a problem with him. His board his rules, that is the way it should be.

Rulez aren't rulez when they aren't enforced equally and fairly. Having a 23 point code of conduct for a gambling website is absurd, in the first place.
While I certainly am against this ball-less shills character attacks, or even the fact he has to create a shill to hide his id, I can't say he doesn't make some valid observations.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
  • Threads: 26
Thanked by
odiousgambit
June 19th, 2020 at 2:19:21 PM permalink
Did I miss something? Why is everyone sh*tting on Mike? Bill if you don’t like it why do you come here telling your fairytales?
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. — Amarillo Slim Preston
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1491
Thanked by
PokerGrinder
June 19th, 2020 at 7:12:01 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Rulez aren't rulez when they aren't enforced equally and fairly. Having a 23 point code of conduct for a gambling website is absurd, in the first place.
While I certainly am against this ball-less shills character attacks, or even the fact he has to create a shill to hide his id, I can't say he doesn't make some valid observations.

If you're not happy here, don't let the door hit you in the *ss on the way out.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 191
June 20th, 2020 at 12:49:41 AM permalink
Just a question: is this supposed to be fun?
A falling knife has no handle.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 121
Thanked by
JoemanSanchoPanzaMinty
June 20th, 2020 at 6:26:51 AM permalink
Quote: Mosca

Just a question: is this supposed to be fun?

It is fun for me. If it wasn't I wouldn't be here. The nature of an open forum on the internet has it that there will be people you just don't like interacting with, and those that you do. If there is the most annoying post ever, you should be able to just ignore it and move on. There must be at least a few threads that catch your interest, or you wouldn't be here. If you are looking for a perfect place for YOU, and it doesn't matter who YOU are, this is not the place.

I try to be annoying as little as possible.... I'm sure to some I fail..... They can happily ignore me....
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 296
Thanked by
unJonJoeman
June 20th, 2020 at 6:47:29 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

It is fun for me. If it wasn't I wouldn't be here. The nature of an open forum on the internet has it that there will be people you just don't like interacting with, and those that you do. If there is the most annoying post ever, you should be able to just ignore it and move on. There must be at least a few threads that catch your interest, or you wouldn't be here. If you are looking for a perfect place for YOU, and it doesn't matter who YOU are, this is not the place.

I try to be annoying as little as possible.... I'm sure to some I fail..... They can happily ignore me....

I agree.

And add to that I try to add value to the sight as a poster. It's gotten me in trouble a few times when I posted AP strategies but from my short stories to book reviews to discussing tragic robberies in my life it was always to interact and add to the experience here.

Up till recently I wasn't even on any other forums of any kind. This place was pretty much my online home. Probably why getting suspended always hurt more.
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
100xOdds
100xOdds
  • Threads: 638
June 20th, 2020 at 5:21:11 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

The sad part is that we're talking about 55 year old man. He will probably go to his grave not understanding why everyone has a problem with him, so he will continue telling himself "Ah, they're just ungrateful jerks!" to make himself feel better
------

DRich,
Who said this?
and what page in this thread did that person say it cause i cant find it?
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
June 20th, 2020 at 5:27:19 PM permalink
Quote: 100xOdds

The sad part is that we're talking about 55 year old man. He will probably go to his grave not understanding why everyone has a problem with him, so he will continue telling himself "Ah, they're just ungrateful jerks!" to make himself feel better
------

DRich,
Who said this?

I don't remember, maybe they edited it.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 46
June 20th, 2020 at 7:53:55 PM permalink
Quote: 100xOdds

DRich,
Who said this?

The referenced member is credited with having made just one post in the forum, and that post no longer exists. He/she is also a "Restricted User".

I interpret that to mean the single post was bad enough to warrant either suspension or banning, with the post being deleted.
100xOdds
100xOdds
June 21st, 2020 at 6:51:58 AM permalink
Quote: Doc

The referenced member is credited with having made just one post in the forum, and that post no longer exists. He/she is also a "Restricted User".

I interpret that to mean the single post was bad enough to warrant either suspension or banning, with the post being deleted.

thx.
WhipperSnapper (acct created 2 days ago) is not listed in the suspension list (yet).
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
June 21st, 2020 at 9:19:56 AM permalink
Where is BBB
Wherever she wants to be and probably pushing more chips per hour than i've ever pushed in my life.
100xOdds
100xOdds
June 24th, 2020 at 11:44:55 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

I look at a photo from the first time I met most board members when Max Pen invited us all out for dinner after a big score, three years ago.
I can't even say what the event was for or somebody will drop a dime, crying they feel triggered.

There were 23 people there that night, almost all of whom were regulars.
All that remain are Axel, Drich, and Mr. Wizard

can you name the 20 that stopped posting here?
just curious who they were.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
June 24th, 2020 at 4:37:40 PM permalink
BBB posted on the 5th and the 8th
and disappeared again. Does she
not have internet access, what is
going on..
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
June 24th, 2020 at 4:39:58 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

BBB posted on the 5th and the 8th
and disappeared again. Does she
not have internet access, what is
going on..

Given her absence, I can only assume a lot is going on.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
Thanked by
OnceDear
August 3rd, 2020 at 1:50:59 PM permalink
I hope you are improving Barbara.

Of all the things you ever imagined about the future, was quarantining most of the world one of them? Not me, and I can imagine a lot of things.

"Lewis Carroll — 'Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.' ... before breakfast.” ― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland."
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 209
Thanked by
petroglyph
August 3rd, 2020 at 5:17:41 PM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

Of all the things you ever imagined about the future, was quarantining most of the world one of them? Not me, and I can imagine a lot of things.

I'm ready for the boredom of normalcy. Actually, it's not boring, but I'm tired of "interesting times".
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
August 4th, 2020 at 6:46:57 AM permalink
Quote: Mission146

Given her absence, I can only assume a lot is going on.

Its hard to balance creative, interesting meals when that watched pot can be a distraction from watching the elderly person who is too likely to become inquisitive or frustrated about Corona related construction changes. and job challenges.

I hope she is doing well.
  • Jump to: