Thread Rating:

SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
Joined: May 10, 2010
  • Threads: 34
  • Posts: 3455
May 23rd, 2020 at 2:26:10 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Yeah, Vietnam was a very popular war with lots of success stories from those forced to give up their freedoms and lives for the American government. They fought so that today's Americans commit suicide if they have to stay home for two weeks during a pandemic

The soaring rates of suicide, addictive drugs, domestic abuse and the like do not bode well for the future of society. Too bad that the former individual responsibilities and strengths are no longer predominant.
Yoyomama
Yoyomama
Joined: Oct 11, 2010
  • Threads: 25
  • Posts: 134
May 23rd, 2020 at 4:06:07 PM permalink
Quote: racquet

I'm one of those anal types who read the fine print. Here it is in the joint Mohegan/Foxwoods email I got (emphasis added):

Additionally, both Foxwoods Resort Casino and Mohegan Sun will be catering to Connecticut and Rhode Island residents only. No out-of-state marketing to New York or Massachusetts will take place at either property and no out-of-state buses will be accepted.

"Catering", "not marketing" and "no buses" are not the same as "RI and CT residents only," although they might be happy if it's read that way. Should be a total madhouse at the door with the temperature checks. No mention of capacity limits ("25%", "50%"...).

They are their own governing authority. Seems that the two tribes got together and came up with agreeable common practices. I wonder if this new level of cooperation between historically competitive venues will last.



I reread my players club member updates from Mohegan and I did not see anywhere where any visitor will be banned. They just won't allow busing in from out of state, booking rooms to out of staters or market to them. Otherwise, come on in!
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 165
  • Posts: 8834
May 23rd, 2020 at 4:08:44 PM permalink
Quote: Yoyomama

Quote: racquet

I'm one of those anal types who read the fine print. Here it is in the joint Mohegan/Foxwoods email I got (emphasis added):

Additionally, both Foxwoods Resort Casino and Mohegan Sun will be catering to Connecticut and Rhode Island residents only. No out-of-state marketing to New York or Massachusetts will take place at either property and no out-of-state buses will be accepted.

"Catering", "not marketing" and "no buses" are not the same as "RI and CT residents only," although they might be happy if it's read that way. Should be a total madhouse at the door with the temperature checks. No mention of capacity limits ("25%", "50%"...).

They are their own governing authority. Seems that the two tribes got together and came up with agreeable common practices. I wonder if this new level of cooperation between historically competitive venues will last.



I reread my players club member updates from Mohegan and I did not see anywhere where any visitor will be banned. They just won't allow busing in from out of state, booking rooms to out of staters or market to them. Otherwise, come on in!



They don't want you, but they will take your money.
racquet
racquet
Joined: Dec 31, 2014
  • Threads: 45
  • Posts: 262
May 23rd, 2020 at 4:21:39 PM permalink
Quote: Yoyomama


...They just won't allow... booking rooms to out of staters



Being anal again...

My email said nothing about NOT booking rooms to out-of-staters. My guess is that while they MIGHT deny a reservation over the phone or online to someone not from CT or RI, (last time I booked a room at Mohegan they didn't ask where I was coming from), if you show up at the desk and want a room, or are comped a room, you'll get a room. I'm not saying I would want one, but if I did, some boilerplate fine print that said nobody from Massachusetts had slept in it last night would not make any difference.

Seems silly to open up the hotel and then only accept bookings from folks that are close enough not to need one.
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 165
  • Posts: 8834
May 23rd, 2020 at 4:47:48 PM permalink
Quote: racquet

Being anal again...

My email said nothing about NOT booking rooms to out-of-staters. My guess is that while they MIGHT deny a reservation over the phone or online to someone not from CT or RI, (last time I booked a room at Mohegan they didn't ask where I was coming from), if you show up at the desk and want a room, or are comped a room, you'll get a room. I'm not saying I would want one, but if I did, some boilerplate fine print that said nobody from Massachusetts had slept in it last night would not make any difference.

Seems silly to open up the hotel and then only accept bookings from folks that are close enough not to need one.



Perhaps the hotel has to be open for the casino to be.
racquet
racquet
Joined: Dec 31, 2014
  • Threads: 45
  • Posts: 262
May 23rd, 2020 at 4:53:30 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Perhaps the hotel has to be open for the casino to be.



I don't think there would be any rule in the sovereign tribal territory of either casino requiring that the hotel be open. If there was, a quick meeting of whatever passes for Congress could change it. I bet they all belong to the same party.
rsactuary
rsactuary
Joined: Sep 6, 2014
  • Threads: 17
  • Posts: 1582
May 23rd, 2020 at 5:27:46 PM permalink
El Cortez is taking bookings from June 4th
Calder
Calder
Joined: Mar 26, 2010
  • Threads: 5
  • Posts: 486
May 23rd, 2020 at 5:31:40 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

...Otherwise I don't see what you are getting at...


Not surprising.
Yoyomama
Yoyomama
Joined: Oct 11, 2010
  • Threads: 25
  • Posts: 134
May 23rd, 2020 at 5:36:43 PM permalink
Quote: racquet

I don't think there would be any rule in the sovereign tribal territory of either casino requiring that the hotel be open. If there was, a quick meeting of whatever passes for Congress could change it. I bet they all belong to the same party.



I was there the day they shut down on a 3 day room comp. They called my room at 2pm, on my second day, and just said LEAVE NOW!
WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
Joined: May 20, 2011
  • Threads: 101
  • Posts: 1559
May 23rd, 2020 at 7:49:45 PM permalink
Foxwoods or Mohegan Sun... game on! Who is in?
'Winners hit n run... Losers stick around'

  • Jump to: