Thread Rating:

onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
Joined: Jan 26, 2012
  • Threads: 209
  • Posts: 8000
April 20th, 2020 at 6:14:28 AM permalink
I personally feel 6 feet of social distancing is too much if people are wearing masks and is impractical and impossible. It's not even going to be feasible to have lines 1/2 mile long to use the restroom, you're going to bump into other lines for other places. Hopefully we'll just wake up and the nightmare is over.
In the land of the blind, the man with one eye is the care taker. Hold my beer.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
  • Threads: 108
  • Posts: 6973
April 20th, 2020 at 6:24:02 AM permalink
Is there a casino open now in the USA? The Dakotas? A reservation somewhere?

If not, what would be the closest country with an open casino?
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 174
  • Posts: 9725
April 20th, 2020 at 8:15:44 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Is there a casino open now in the USA? The Dakotas? A reservation somewhere?

If not, what would be the closest country with an open casino?



Aren't you under Stay At Home orders? No travel unless its essential?
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
Joined: Jan 26, 2012
  • Threads: 209
  • Posts: 8000
April 20th, 2020 at 8:42:59 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Is there a casino open now in the USA? The Dakotas? A reservation somewhere?

If not, what would be the closest country with an open casino?

The Dakotas do not have orders, let's all meet there and just say we're bringing food to old people.
In the land of the blind, the man with one eye is the care taker. Hold my beer.
Gialmere
Gialmere
Joined: Nov 26, 2018
  • Threads: 38
  • Posts: 1695
April 20th, 2020 at 9:05:46 AM permalink
How do you think casino restaurants will work? Buffets might be gone but people still gotta eat right? And while you can't smoke while wearing a mask, you can't stick food in your mouth either. Nor can you drink booze at a blackjack table for that matter.

How will people (especially kids) lower their masks to take a bite and then place them back on their mouths without making a mess? And if you enact a "no masks while eating" policy, how many empty tables should you leave between unmasked parties?

What about food courts? If you think about it they're like semi-buffets. How about large families that want to eat together? Is that permissible? And what if one the kids has a cough?
Have you tried 22 tonight? I said 22.
standbymyman
standbymyman
Joined: Feb 13, 2015
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 182
April 20th, 2020 at 9:55:01 AM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

I personally feel 6 feet of social distancing is too much if people are wearing masks and is impractical and impossible. It's not even going to be feasible to have lines 1/2 mile long to use the restroom, you're going to bump into other lines for other places. Hopefully we'll just wake up and the nightmare is over.




I have used Vegas restrooms hundreds of times and, maybe it's just a miracle, but I have never waited in a line. So set the social distancing in restroom waiting lines at 5280 feet for all I care.
TDVegas
TDVegas
Joined: Oct 30, 2018
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 576
April 20th, 2020 at 9:58:02 AM permalink
Quote: Gialmere

How do you think casino restaurants will work? Buffets might be gone but people still gotta eat right? And while you can't smoke while wearing a mask, you can't stick food in your mouth either. Nor can you drink booze at a blackjack table for that matter.

How will people (especially kids) lower their masks to take a bite and then place them back on their mouths without making a mess? And if you enact a "no masks while eating" policy, how many empty tables should you leave between unmasked parties?

What about food courts? If you think about it they're like semi-buffets. How about large families that want to eat together? Is that permissible? And what if one the kids has a cough?


I don't know how any of this is going to be workable. Wynn had wording on masks that I took to be ambiguous. While the word "required" was applied to employees...."need" was used for customers.

Need to wear a mask might not be required to wear a mask. They might be using this wording to get around smoking or drinking or eating problems associated with masks. Frankly, they are advocating a clean room atmosphere akin to an ICU unit with wipe downs, sanitizing, rails, chairs, dice, tables etc being wiped down continuously.

I saw nothing about ash trays being cleaned, ashes vacuumed up or anything like that. If they allow smoking and vaping but want "sterile" like no other...then I have no words. It will never work. You can't be a little bit clean or a little bit pregnant. Either you are advocating an operating room environment or not.

The more I read what Wynn plans to do....the more questions I had.
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 174
  • Posts: 9725
Thanks for this post from:
onenickelmiracle
April 20th, 2020 at 10:39:53 AM permalink
Quote: TDVegas

I don't know how any of this is going to be workable. Wynn had wording on masks that I took to be ambiguous. While the word "required" was applied to employees...."need" was used for customers.



The more I read what Wynn plans to do....the more questions I had.



I think the guidelines were intended to get the conversation started. nothing is in stone. This is brand new territory and everyone needs to adapt to changing circumstances. Someone had to be the first to announce changes and I'm sure Wynn will modify these things as they bump up against real life. It seems to me that half the people in VIP lounges don't think that rules apply to them anyway.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
Joined: Jan 26, 2012
  • Threads: 209
  • Posts: 8000
April 20th, 2020 at 11:17:11 AM permalink
Quote: TDVegas

I don't know how any of this is going to be workable. Wynn had wording on masks that I took to be ambiguous. While the word "required" was applied to employees...."need" was used for customers.

Need to wear a mask might not be required to wear a mask. They might be using this wording to get around smoking or drinking or eating problems associated with masks. Frankly, they are advocating a clean room atmosphere akin to an ICU unit with wipe downs, sanitizing, rails, chairs, dice, tables etc being wiped down continuously.

I saw nothing about ash trays being cleaned, ashes vacuumed up or anything like that. If they allow smoking and vaping but want "sterile" like no other...then I have no words. It will never work. You can't be a little bit clean or a little bit pregnant. Either you are advocating an operating room environment or not.

The more I read what Wynn plans to do....the more questions I had.

I'm starting to be very amused. Every human being is a killer and a victim, they should just store us under Yucca Mountain. I can see you're hoping this change of possibly not allowing smoking for a temporary reason will be permanent. Some day it will, but not soon.
In the land of the blind, the man with one eye is the care taker. Hold my beer.
TDVegas
TDVegas
Joined: Oct 30, 2018
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 576
April 20th, 2020 at 1:13:20 PM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

I'm starting to be very amused. Every human being is a killer and a victim, they should just store us under Yucca Mountain. I can see you're hoping this change of possibly not allowing smoking for a temporary reason will be permanent. Some day it will, but not soon.


I’m not completely sure smoking and vaping will be banned from the casino floor. Logic of trying to create the best clean air, clean surface environment says it should be banned...but so far the actual edict of no smoking has not been said.

If allowed....this Governor is a COMPLETE hypocrite that “health” is driving all his decision making.

Time will tell.

  • Jump to: