Thread Rating:

onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
Joined: Jan 26, 2012
  • Threads: 209
  • Posts: 8000
April 17th, 2020 at 8:13:58 AM permalink
Just saw a video online talking about plans to reopen Vegas with 1/3 the rooms booked, dealers wearing masks, and table players being a chair between them empty. OMG. So max capacity playing 1/3. The rooms will be unfilled, local regional markets are going to have to have state police keeping people off the properties. It'll be the first phase of course, as soon as there are masks for people to buy, it will change or if some other reason.
In the land of the blind, the man with one eye is the care taker. Hold my beer.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
Joined: May 21, 2013
  • Threads: 99
  • Posts: 14230
April 17th, 2020 at 8:45:19 AM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

Just saw a video online talking about plans to reopen Vegas with 1/3 the rooms booked, dealers wearing masks, and table players being a chair between them empty. OMG. So max capacity playing 1/3. The rooms will be unfilled, local regional markets are going to have to have state police keeping people off the properties. It'll be the first phase of course, as soon as there are masks for people to buy, it will change or if some other reason.



I don't see how table games will work at all, with players sharing chips and cards. A chair between does little to stop the virus on those.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
MidwestAP
MidwestAP
Joined: Feb 19, 2012
  • Threads: 22
  • Posts: 1262
April 17th, 2020 at 8:50:31 AM permalink
When they reopen, I'll be there unless the restrictions are so tight, that it will make the experience un-enjoyable.

Touch chips, touch card, no problem, don't touch face and wash hand after. Does it really have to be more difficult that that?
standbymyman
standbymyman
Joined: Feb 13, 2015
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 182
April 17th, 2020 at 8:56:03 AM permalink
Quote: bobbartop

Central California:

Table Mountain Fresno - May 31st

Chukchansi and Tachi Palace, no date.

Eagle Mountain and Mono Wind - May 1st


All unlikely, in my opinion. And if casinos never open again, for eternity, then "no date" is also unlikely.




So they need a date for never opening again?
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 175
  • Posts: 9967
April 17th, 2020 at 8:57:04 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

I don't see how table games will work at all, with players sharing chips and cards. A chair between does little to stop the virus on those.




Frankly, the people who show up when it opens won't be very concerned about their health.
cf1984
cf1984
Joined: Jul 19, 2014
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 32
April 17th, 2020 at 8:57:27 AM permalink
I think each table will need hand sanitizer dispensers. If you need to touch your face for something, sterilize first. Just can't see how they can continue to allow smoking in this new world. Smokers put the butt to their lips over and over and then touch the cards, chips, machines. Disgusting to be begin with but now with this virus, just not feasible.
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 175
  • Posts: 9967
April 17th, 2020 at 8:59:42 AM permalink
Quote: cf1984

I think each table will need hand sanitizer dispensers. If you need to touch your face for something, sterilize first. Just can't see how they can continue to allow smoking in this new world. Smokers put the butt to their lips over and over and then touch the cards, chips, machines. Disgusting to be begin with but now with this virus, just not feasible.




It's a Catch -22. Smokers that aren't worried about their health might turn out to be a large portion of the people willing to show up when they reopen.
cf1984
cf1984
Joined: Jul 19, 2014
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 32
April 17th, 2020 at 9:11:58 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

It's a Catch -22. Smokers that aren't worried about their health might turn out to be a large portion of the people willing to show up when they reopen.



That's the whole truth casinos don't want to admit. Smokers are more likely to be the gambling addicts. That's why casinos allow it yet when they claim to care about the health of employees and patrons. Maybe they will require patrons to wear masks initially too so that would eliminate the option in the beginning, at least.

They will need to have either workers readily available to sanitize machines or wipe dispensers. I know I would want to sanitize a machine when sitting down to play.

This would also be a good time to reevaluate the W2G increase that was talked about. Bumping it to 5k would eliminate some close interactions as well as save money on labor. I'm sure things like these aren't on the front burner for the general population though.
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 244
  • Posts: 7484
April 17th, 2020 at 9:31:54 AM permalink
Smokers also cause two other issues

1) to smoke they are negating any face mask rules as they will have to lower those during smoking

2) smoking is the very definition of sending particles from a person mouth through the air.

There is simply no way a person with Coronavirus can exhale smoke from his lungs through the air and it doesn't contain infected virus particles
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
MidwestAP
MidwestAP
Joined: Feb 19, 2012
  • Threads: 22
  • Posts: 1262
Thanks for this post from:
rsactuary
April 17th, 2020 at 9:44:54 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Smokers also cause two other issues

1) to smoke they are negating any face mask rules as they will have to lower those during smoking

2) smoking is the very definition of sending particles from a person mouth through the air.

There is simply no way a person with Coronavirus can exhale smoke from his lungs through the air and it doesn't contain infected virus particles



I'm pretty sure that even the non-smokers will have to exhale from time to time. I don't see how your second concern is specific to smokers?

  • Jump to: