Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
September 8th, 2019 at 5:32:41 PM permalink
I'm not sure that normal delivery drivers are much less likely to be criminals than those from an app.

On the other hand, the app clearly identifies who they are and tracks them the entire time. Anything is possible, but you'd have to be really, really, really dumb to commit a crime under those circumstances.

Delivery fees and other nickle and diming really has nothing to do with tips. If anything, an employer who is nickle and diming his customers to death almost certainly pays his employees as poorly as possible.

(Assuming your views of nickle and diming are even right. Why wouldn't having a pizza brought to your house cost more than you going to pick it up?)

but other than that, they aren't really related. It's like saying "my rent went up, so now I'm going to shoplift from the grocery store."
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 130
September 8th, 2019 at 5:41:39 PM permalink
The employers have to have liability insurance on the drivers with the pizza places, hence the delivery fee. Thatís true in at least some states, may not be in all.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
September 8th, 2019 at 5:49:02 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

The employers have to have liability insurance on the drivers with the pizza places, hence the delivery fee. Thatís true in at least some states, may not be in all.

Here is another subtlety many might not be aware of.

Driving to your house and then back to the store costs time and money.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 224
September 8th, 2019 at 5:56:31 PM permalink

You have that and other costs. POS system in most places. Have to pay the drivers at least the waitress minimum just to hang around. Boxes aren't free, person taking orders is not free.

I took a delivery job a few months last year to keep food in the fridge. File it under one of those jobs a renaissance man needs to have in his life. From a gal driver they all said was on heroin to a supervisor I was ready to shove in the oven head first, you really see another part of things.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
Mission146
September 8th, 2019 at 6:00:08 PM permalink

At the risk of doxing, I still offer 100% free delivery and only offer delivery if you order online or from my apps. Itís rare anymore but trust me it pays off. I pay my drivers $10 an hour and $1 commission a delivery. They average $4 in tips a delivery and again I benefit from the lack of understanding of the industry from others. Price it in and give the customer a perceived deal and you win every time.

The delivery services are a scam preying on lazy people. Are you willing to pay $5.95 to get Wendyís delivered?

Opportunity always knocks. Good business minds find ways to profit from it. Find the win/win, so much money to be made out there. Just donít F the customer.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 224
September 8th, 2019 at 6:06:18 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

The delivery services are a scam preying on lazy people. Are you willing to pay $5.95 to get Wendyís delivered?

I am amazed at how many people are. In college we would about half the time pay fifty cents delivery for a place right across the street. Well, I did about half. One roommate paid it all the time, though he is a whole other story. Our place was like living in a sitcom.

Think of how you would explain it to someone in the third world:

Someone else grew the food
Someone else picked the food
Someone else processed the food
Someone else cooked the food

And so many of our people are too lazy to go out in their flipping car and pick up the food!
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
Mission146
Mission146
September 8th, 2019 at 6:07:17 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

You have that and other costs. POS system in most places. Have to pay the drivers at least the waitress minimum just to hang around. Boxes aren't free, person taking orders is not free.

I took a delivery job a few months last year to keep food in the fridge. File it under one of those jobs a renaissance man needs to have in his life. From a gal driver they all said was on heroin to a supervisor I was ready to shove in the oven head first, you really see another part of things.

I know, but all that other stuff happens even if the person picks it up. Any pizza driver Iíve asked has made at least the actual MW, not that for waitresses.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
September 8th, 2019 at 6:07:19 PM permalink
Quote: Rigondeaux

but other than that, they aren't really related. It's like saying "my rent went up, so now I'm going to shoplift from the grocery store."

Turkey isnít gonna steal itself.
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
  • Threads: 34
September 8th, 2019 at 6:08:10 PM permalink
I don't like alcohol anyways. But if I did, I guess I'd be concerned.
Born in Texas and lived in Texas my whole life.
Mission146
Mission146
Boz
September 8th, 2019 at 6:08:29 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

At the risk of doxing, I still offer 100% free delivery and only offer delivery if you order online or from my apps. Itís rare anymore but trust me it pays off. I pay my drivers $10 an hour and $1 commission a delivery. They average $4 in tips a delivery and again I benefit from the lack of understanding of the industry from others. Price it in and give the customer a perceived deal and you win every time.

Opportunity always knocks. Good business minds find ways to profit from it. Find the win/win, so much money to be made out there. Just donít F the customer.

Thatís awesome, everyone wins! The way you do it, I mean.

• Jump to: