bobbartop
bobbartop
Joined: Mar 15, 2016
  • Threads: 130
  • Posts: 2564
May 18th, 2019 at 9:32:58 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

And yet I do it EVERY DAY

Sorry you are giving the casino surveillance too much credit.

Even if they did observe me putting the card in the machine so what?

There is NO GAMBLING STATUTE in any jurisdiction that states if a player inserts his own money and pushes the winning spin himself, the jackpot is forfeit if he inserted another persons players card.




Nobody's saying that. In fact, in a couple posts up the thread I said that no one's saying that. Look, you're not stupid, and I ain't stupid. There are lots of reasons to use other people's cards. You know that, I know that, and the casinos know that. Including Ellis Island. lol
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
Joined: Feb 18, 2015
  • Threads: 50
  • Posts: 3456
May 19th, 2019 at 8:28:16 AM permalink
Quote: bobbartop

Nobody's saying that. In fact, in a couple posts up the thread I said that no one's saying that. Look, you're not stupid, and I ain't stupid. There are lots of reasons to use other people's cards. You know that, I know that, and the casinos know that. Including Ellis Island. lol



But this is what you are saying:

Quote: bobbartop

Wow. Don't try that sh*t in California, lol. . . . they're going to do something, take away your card, kick you down the road, they're gonna do something. . . . You're just inviting trouble. You're a trouble-maker. lol



So, you're the one who started the chest pounding, the name calling and the threats/warnings about "Don't try that sh*t" to people who are not doing anything illegal. This kind of bluster is not respected by this forum whether its in California or on Ellis Island.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
bobbartop
bobbartop
Joined: Mar 15, 2016
  • Threads: 130
  • Posts: 2564
May 19th, 2019 at 8:44:48 AM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

But this is what you are saying:



So, you're the one who started the chest pounding, the name calling and the threats/warnings about "Don't try that sh*t" to people who are not doing anything illegal. This kind of bluster is not respected by this forum whether its in California or on Ellis Island.




What are you talking about? I thought I was having a friendly conversation with Dark Oz. What "name calling" are you talking about? I didn't say anything was illegal, I said it's against casino rules and they will act on it. I'm sure you can figure out how people scam casinos with multiple cards. Where is your hostility coming from? Perhaps you misunderstood what I was saying, as I said, I thought I was having a friendly conversation. I don't know what your problem is. I think you just misunderstood. Geez, lighten up. You owe me an apology.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
bobbartop
bobbartop
Joined: Mar 15, 2016
  • Threads: 130
  • Posts: 2564
May 19th, 2019 at 9:57:28 AM permalink
Quote: gordonm888


So, you're the one who started the chest pounding, the name calling and the threats/warnings about "Don't try that sh*t" to people who are not doing anything illegal. This kind of bluster is not respected by this forum whether its in California or on Ellis Island.




Here is a quote from a local casino's card rules. Hardly a "felony", and no one said it was.

"Any use of The Card by a person whose name does not appear on the card to earn or redeem points, comps, or other member's benefits may result in the revocation and loss of the named card holder's outstanding or earned points, privileges, prizes, or benefits."


If you live in Vegas, are you not aware of the people who carry around 100 cards with their friend's names on them? Have you never heard of casinos, like Ellis Island for instance, cleaning house and kicking a bunch of people out for having multiple cards? It's not a secret. Well, maybe it's a secret from you.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
FCBLComish
FCBLComish
Joined: Apr 11, 2010
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 549
May 19th, 2019 at 11:46:26 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

And yet I do it EVERY DAY

Sorry you are giving the casino surveillance too much credit.

Even if they did observe me putting the card in the machine so what?

There is NO GAMBLING STATUTE in any jurisdiction that states if a player inserts his own money and pushes the winning spin himself, the jackpot is forfeit if he inserted another persons players card.



Actually true story- Table Mountain. Our largest slot player hit the property bonus jackpot of about $75k. He has his wife's card in the machine. They refused to pay. It was in their T&C that to qualify, you had to have your card in the machine. The jackpot could only have been won by a carded player.
Beware, I work for the dark side.... We have cookies
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
Joined: Feb 18, 2015
  • Threads: 50
  • Posts: 3456
May 19th, 2019 at 12:09:16 PM permalink
Quote: bobbartop

What are you talking about? I thought I was having a friendly conversation with Dark Oz. What "name calling" are you talking about? I didn't say anything was illegal, I said it's against casino rules and they will act on it. I'm sure you can figure out how people scam casinos with multiple cards. Where is your hostility coming from? Perhaps you misunderstood what I was saying, as I said, I thought I was having a friendly conversation. I don't know what your problem is. I think you just misunderstood. Geez, lighten up. You owe me an apology.



Well, if you and DarkOz are best buddies and I interrupted a personal, friendly conversation then I do apologize to you and I am indeed sorry. But your posted comments sound like those of so many of the casino employees who confuse the casino rules with the law and who believe that casino security staff are permitted to act like thugs, to detain illegally, to confiscate winnings, and to abrogate civil liberties. IMO, your use of phrases such as "kick you down the highway" and "Don't try that sh*t in California" come across as hostile, and don't sound like "friendly conversation."

Quote: bobbartop

What "name calling" are you talking about?


You called DarkOz a "trouble-maker" in your post. I mean, d'uh! Try owning the words that you post, guy.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
bobbartop
bobbartop
Joined: Mar 15, 2016
  • Threads: 130
  • Posts: 2564
Thanks for this post from:
RS
May 19th, 2019 at 12:54:02 PM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

Well, if you and DarkOz are best buddies and I interrupted a personal, friendly conversation then I do apologize to you and I am indeed sorry. But your posted comments sound like those of so many of the casino employees who confuse the casino rules with the law and who believe that casino security staff are permitted to act like thugs, to detain illegally, to confiscate winnings, and to abrogate civil liberties. IMO, your use of phrases such as "kick you down the highway" and "Don't try that sh*t in California" come across as hostile, and don't sound like "friendly conversation."


You called DarkOz a "trouble-maker" in your post. I mean, d'uh! Try owning the words that you post, guy.




I'm kidding with him. Lighten the fk up. I didn't recommend the buzz saw, did I? Didn't you see the "lol" thingy? Next time I'll put some smiley faces. Look at my avatar, he was a friendly dictator.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 207
  • Posts: 12492
Thanks for this post from:
bobbartoprsactuarytringlomane
May 19th, 2019 at 1:04:37 PM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

Well, if you and DarkOz are best buddies and I interrupted a personal, friendly conversation then I do apologize to you and I am indeed sorry. But your posted comments sound like those of so many of the casino employees who confuse the casino rules with the law and who believe that casino security staff are permitted to act like thugs, to detain illegally, to confiscate winnings, and to abrogate civil liberties. IMO, your use of phrases such as "kick you down the highway" and "Don't try that sh*t in California" come across as hostile, and don't sound like "friendly conversation."


You called DarkOz a "trouble-maker" in your post. I mean, d'uh! Try owning the words that you post, guy.


I read his posts as if they were written by Eddie Haskell. It enriches the experience.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
bobbartop
bobbartop
Joined: Mar 15, 2016
  • Threads: 130
  • Posts: 2564
May 19th, 2019 at 1:18:21 PM permalink
Quote: FCBLComish

Actually true story- Table Mountain. Our largest slot player hit the property bonus jackpot of about $75k. He has his wife's card in the machine. They refused to pay. It was in their T&C that to qualify, you had to have your card in the machine. The jackpot could only have been won by a carded player.




Wow, that's tough love. How did that go over with him? Did he remain a player there? It's only a little further up the hill to another nice casino. Of course there you have to worry about rival groups of Indians punching and tazing each other. lol What a crazy deal that was.

Btw, the jackpot I think was $120K the other day. I'd like to pick that lucky seat.

But I don't know about Table but you being in the industry I'm sure you know how much multiple card abuse can happen. Especially in Vegas. I don't know what they can do about it, except being less generous, which we're all used to. Maybe crack down on the big abusers, I know if Security wants to, they can figure out anything.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 266
  • Posts: 9091
May 19th, 2019 at 1:42:35 PM permalink
Quote: FCBLComish

Actually true story- Table Mountain. Our largest slot player hit the property bonus jackpot of about $75k. He has his wife's card in the machine. They refused to pay. It was in their T&C that to qualify, you had to have your card in the machine. The jackpot could only have been won by a carded player.



When you say property bonus that is some type of extra bonus on top of the slot game? I dont ever recall seeing that terminology out here on the East coast.

Also, any comments about what the casinos can get away with probably has little adherence in an Indian casino. They are notorious for abuse
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee

  • Jump to: