Thread Rating:

billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 149
Thanks for this post from:
NathanForager
January 31st, 2019 at 5:03:03 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I distinctly remember BBB admonishing Nathan from giving horrendous gambling advice as if she is providing a fact. The above should result in a suspension, hopefully Martingaled....

Why not let the mods do there job instead of being the class tattle? Have you nothing better to do? Maybe go tell some people that make one tenth what you do how irresponsible they are, or something constructive? If something is suspension worthy, do you not trust the mods to be able to do their jobs? Do you think they are so incompetent that BBB needs to be reminded what she said?
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 8
January 31st, 2019 at 5:27:21 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Why not let the mods do there job instead of being the class tattle? Have you nothing better to do? Maybe go tell some people that make one tenth what you do how irresponsible they are, or something constructive? If something is suspension worthy, do you not trust the mods to be able to do their jobs? Do you think they are so incompetent that BBB needs to be reminded what she said?

I strongly feel this post is a person insult directed at me. :-)
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
Keeneone
Keeneone
  • Threads: 13
January 31st, 2019 at 7:25:46 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Can you expand on that? They didn't mention that on 60 Minutes. How did the lottery terminals help?

I think this story came out years ago and was "refreshed" with the recent 60 Minutes piece. Older story:
http://archive.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2011/10/16/a_game_of_chance_became_anything_but/
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
Thanks for this post from:
Nathan
January 31st, 2019 at 10:55:27 PM permalink
Whatever you feel about Nathan, she sure has put the lottery seed in my head. Sometimes I think about driving out to the Primm border to buy some tickets.
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
KevinAA
KevinAA
  • Threads: 18
January 31st, 2019 at 11:46:43 PM permalink
There is a forum I visit occasionally that is devoted to the lottery. They have general discussion (where I try to correct people's superstitions), and there is a subforum that has nothing but lottery number predictions. I'll post the link if allowed.
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
February 1st, 2019 at 1:12:57 AM permalink
Quote: djatc

Whatever you feel about Nathan, she sure has put the lottery seed in my head. Sometimes I think about driving out to the Primm border to buy some tickets.

Pick one up for me. I will pay you back double when it hits.
BlackjackPro.......RIP
Nathan
Nathan
  • Threads: 65
February 1st, 2019 at 3:27:22 AM permalink
Quote: Mission146

Glad this got reopened, because I wanted to ask this:

Nathan, youíve been here a few years, now itís time to make your friend Mission146 proud. No cheating!

If the overall odds of the ticket winning are, in fact, one in eight AND of all winning tickets, only 5% win more than $1.00 extra what are the overall odds or probability (your choice) of one ticket winning more than $1 extra?

The overall odds or probability of one ticket winning more than $1 is about 2 percent IMHO.
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
  • Threads: 20
February 1st, 2019 at 3:28:24 AM permalink
Quote: djatc

Fish
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. ó Amarillo Slim Preston
dory364
dory364
  • Threads: 2
February 1st, 2019 at 3:29:07 PM permalink
Quote: Nathan

The way I see it, once that 1.6 billion dollar ticket is pulled up, the frenzy is OVER. Even people who were talking crap about how bad Lottery Odds were were buying tickets themselves when it reached the billion dollar mark. So, no more Frenzy=less people playing money in the Lottery=Oh crap from The Florida Lottery Commission. ;)

Figure I let you know that your correct about this.
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
February 1st, 2019 at 4:08:22 PM permalink
Quote: PokerGrinder

Fish

umad tho. I'm not buying you unlimited trips to thighland if i win
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous

• Jump to: