Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
September 28th, 2018 at 1:46:29 PM permalink
There are a fair number of cops who don't want to spend their days trashing people's lives over nothing.

I'd guess that to them, that is doing their job as a a servant of the community properly. I agree.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 178
September 28th, 2018 at 1:48:37 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

Iíve experienced a benefit of metro not giving a crap for better or worse.

So I had an unpaid traffic ticket in Henderson that I forgot to pay by the court date partially because they didnít have my correct address. Wouldnít allow me to pay online after the court date.

So last time in LV my rental had no real license plate just temporary papers/license they taped on. Of course I got pulled over for it the night before my flight out. Officer informed me that I have a warrant for failure to appear/unpaid ticket and that I could go to jail for that. And then proceeds to tell me to have a nice night and drives off. WTF?

That's not all that unusual. It's not cost effective to arrest you, jail you, transport you to another jurisdiction in order to get you to pay a fine they don't get a piece of. It's a judgment call, one of dozens an Officer makes on a daily basis. Being a semi-responsible adult citizen without an extensive criminal or motor vehicle record often gives you an advantage that some don't get.
When pulled over, shut the car off, turn the interior lights on and keep your hands on the wheel where they are visible.
Put the Officer at ease from the start and the chances of a favorable result increase dramatically.
Be a tough guy or try the sovereign citizen routine and don't be surprised when your encounter goes south.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
Thanks for this post from:
MaxPen
September 28th, 2018 at 2:00:52 PM permalink
But laws don't apply to me, I never signed a contract with the government giving them authority over me. But I have rights tho!
VCUSkyhawk
VCUSkyhawk
  • Threads: 21
September 28th, 2018 at 4:59:35 PM permalink
Quote: RS

But laws don't apply to me, I never signed a contract with the government giving them authority over me. But I have rights tho!

Are you a man and not a person. Do you often find yourself traveling? The articles of confederation give you that right.
I got a plan, we take all your picks we reverse them like one of those twilight zone episodes where everything is the opposite. You say "black" we go white.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
September 28th, 2018 at 6:13:24 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

That's not all that unusual. It's not cost effective to arrest you, jail you, transport you to another jurisdiction in order to get you to pay a fine they don't get a piece of. It's a judgment call, one of dozens an Officer makes on a daily basis. Being a semi-responsible adult citizen without an extensive criminal or motor vehicle record often gives you an advantage that some don't get.
When pulled over, shut the car off, turn the interior lights on and keep your hands on the wheel where they are visible.
Put the Officer at ease from the start and the chances of a favorable result increase dramatically.
Be a tough guy or try the sovereign citizen routine and don't be surprised when your encounter goes south.

The could very well get to steal your car though.

I've been broke with outstanding fines and stuff and know first hand, some officers will just flat out cut you a break, even when the city could make a juicy profit.

They are human and many of them don't want to go home at night having been a menace to the general population. Others are OK with that.

Following the advice you gave does seem to help. Also, don't lie.

• Jump to: