Thread Rating:

thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
October 18th, 2010 at 1:09:12 PM permalink
You know that JerryLogan, he can't say anything without getting a dig in one someone. Must ease his troubled mind.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
98steps
98steps
  • Threads: 4
October 21st, 2010 at 3:38:28 PM permalink
All right Boys and Girls, let's bring this thread back to Boise....Boise State Alumni here, so the last several years have been great fun. Now for some Boise State facts:

FACT: Over the last ten years no team in the country has more wins than the Boise State Broncos.
FACT: Boise State has the Longest active winning streak in the country. Including wins over TCU, Oregon, and Va Tech within that streak.
FACT: They have accomplished all of this with 2 and 3 star recruits that were overlooked by the good ole boy network of the BCS.

Boise has proven they are competitors, they have earned the right to compete. No team in the country can make an honest claim to being able to beat Boise.
avargov
avargov
  • Threads: 16
October 21st, 2010 at 5:59:06 PM permalink
Fact: Boise is 8-9 over the last 10 seasons versus BCS teams

Fact: Boise is 2-4 in their last 6 bowl games

Fact: TCU can say that, 1-1 in the last 2 meetings

Yes, BSU does have a right to compete, but needs a stronger league to have serious consideration for the championship game.
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes." ~ William Gibson
BigTip
BigTip
  • Threads: 3
October 21st, 2010 at 7:14:29 PM permalink
I hope Boise does get to the title game.

They'll be playing OU again. This time it will be for something that matters. OU will win by three touchdowns and redeem themselves for the Fiesta Bowl fiasco. It was all Oklahoma's fault for giving any credence to this ridiculous"Boise deserves" argument that has gone on since that game.
JerryLogan
JerryLogan
  • Threads: 26
October 21st, 2010 at 8:45:59 PM permalink
Quote: BigTip

I hope Boise does get to the title game.

They'll be playing OU again. This time it will be for something that matters. OU will win by three touchdowns and redeem themselves for the Fiesta Bowl fiasco. It was all Oklahoma's fault for giving any credence to this ridiculous"Boise deserves" argument that has gone on since that game.

Boise showed OU and the rest of the "big guys" that they don't ever give up no matter how big the mouths are on the other side. And a post like yours reeks of sour grapes and smells so sweet in Boise. This year they've got the defense to go along with that powerful offense. Yes, they'll be national champs by season's end.
avargov
avargov
October 21st, 2010 at 9:02:13 PM permalink
Tap the brakes a little there Logan. Boise ain't getting to the championship without a LOT of help by the 'big boys'.

I mean, c'mon dude, you are ranked third without a single quality opponent on your remaining schedule.

Boise is a nice little team, on a nice little run. But be careful what you ask for. If you get there, and they get their asses handed to them (and they will in a championship game), non-bcs teams will NEVER get another chance.
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes." ~ William Gibson
JerryLogan
JerryLogan
  • Threads: 26
October 22nd, 2010 at 3:39:50 AM permalink
A schedule is a schedule. They're in a crummy conference, we get that. But they passed their tests this year with flying colors, and before the season critics were saying those would be telling games. Now that they've shown another undefeated format again the naysayers are back out. We want Oregon right now to shut them up.
  • Threads: 22
October 22nd, 2010 at 4:02:52 AM permalink
As a Oklahoma sooner fan. I've lived in the sooner state all my life. And would love to see Boise State and the Sooners in the BCS champinship bowl
game. When Boise State name beat OU a few years back in the bowl game. That win gave Biose State a name. And alot of sooner fans like to have
some pay back...
Success comes before work, only in the dictionary.
avargov
avargov
October 22nd, 2010 at 4:14:27 AM permalink
Quote: JerryLogan

A schedule is a schedule. They're in a crummy conference, we get that. But they passed their tests this year with flying colors, and before the season critics were saying those would be telling games. Now that they've shown another undefeated format again the naysayers are back out. We want Oregon right now to shut them up.

A schedule is NOT a schedule. Your 'tests' were nothing...2 games against lower end BCS schools. Don't need to rehash VT and OSU performance this year. Other than that, not a single quality opponent.

Not a naysayer here, but I don't wear blue tinted glasses. I look at it objectively. Boise is not as good as top notch programs. In fact, I would say that they get jumped this week by the LSU/AUB winner. Down to at least no. 4 then.
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 180
October 22nd, 2010 at 7:01:19 AM permalink
I would say that Oregon made a somewhat convincing statement for the #1 position last night. Not that UCLA is awesome, but 60-13 over a real opponent with a first class program gets my attention.
NO KILL I

• Jump to: