Thread Rating:

avargov
avargov
  • Threads: 16
October 18th, 2010 at 12:14:16 AM permalink
Oh jeez...I knew at some point the 'transitive property' was gonna come out. If Team A beats Team B, and Team B beats Team C, then Team A is better than Team C. To think that Boise is better than Alabama, or Wisconsin for that matter, is utterly ridiculous. They could beat either of them head to head in one game, at a neutral site, on any given day. What is being missed here is that week to week Boise plays glorified high school teams. If they had to deal with the vicious physical play in the SEC or the Big10 EVERY WEEK they would NOT be undefeated.

I do not understand why this is so hard to figure out. Not a single player at BSU was recruited by a major BCS conference power school. There is a reason for that. With proper.coaching, those players can be a force, and Boise is, when it is only one game. If they had this lineup, Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Miss, Miss St, SoCar, Florida, and Georgia 8 weeks in a row, they would have to close the athletic dept.

Of.course, if they had that schedule, they could recruit blue chip players, and if they went undefeated, or had 1 loss, they could play for the crystal ball.

BTW, 2 things, OK was in a no win situation in that game, and OK didn't care. They are used to playing for a championship, and they got Boise. And BSU won with trickery.

And if Boise wants good teams to go there, build a stadium with more that 35K seats. The gate is not enough to make it worth their time. Oh yeah, they couldn't fill a 90K house, all of Idaho would have to be there.

All of this being said, I want to see Boise or TCU crash the party, I just dont know how they can with the 10 cupcakes they beat down every year.
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes." ~ William Gibson
JerryLogan
JerryLogan
  • Threads: 26
October 18th, 2010 at 5:05:04 AM permalink
Quote: bluefire

lol, Oregon State & VT aren't having bad seasons because of Boise State. They're having bad years because they aren't very good football teams. Oregon State lost to Washington, VT lost to JMU. If they had just lost to Boise, they'd still be having pretty damn good years.

And no, Boise State isn't worth $1 million. No team is worth that. Again, to get a school like Alabama or Penn State, it costs $200k. Why in the world would I want to play Boise State for $1 million when I can play similar or better talent for 1/5th the cost?

OS & VT were DEMORALIZED early on by Boise and neither could recover. It happens when embarrassed. Why do you think TCU is back in business this year after losing the biggest game of their lives to end last season? It's called "recovery time" along with fresh meat who weren't involved in the stinging loss.

Who's the biggest name in college football these days....YES, Boise State! Alabama, Penn St., Nebraska....same 'ol same 'ol. Pay them what they're worth.
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
  • Threads: 88
October 18th, 2010 at 8:18:42 AM permalink
From Yahoo! Sports:

Team G Pts/G Yds/G PassYds RushYds
Oregon 6 54.3 567.0 1495 1907
Oklahoma St. 6 49.5 535.3 2166 1046
Boise St. 6 47.5 523.8 1806 1337

Looks to me like Boise State (ranked 3rd) is right where it belongs.

As an example, suppose Oregon played Boise State. Boise has a better defense by 4 PPG, Oregon has a better offense by almost 7 PPG. To me, that means Oregon would be favored by 3 points. Take that with a grain of salt, because I'm certainly no sports handicapper...
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
avargov
avargov
  • Threads: 16
October 18th, 2010 at 8:46:38 AM permalink
Quote: JerryLogan

OS & VT were DEMORALIZED early on by Boise and neither could recover. It happens when embarrassed. Why do you think TCU is back in business this year after losing the biggest game of their lives to end last season? It's called "recovery time" along with fresh meat who weren't involved in the stinging loss.

Who's the biggest name in college football these days....YES, Boise State! Alabama, Penn St., Nebraska....same 'ol same 'ol. Pay them what they're worth.

You are right, Boise is the biggest name, right now. But they aren't worth 1M to any big team. Those teams sell out there 100K seat stadiums when South Dakota A&T come to town. See Jerry, your team has to be good for a long, long time to pull even 1/5th of that kind of payday.

This all will work itself out in the next 6 weeks, and we will see. You should tell your AD to leave off Toledo and Wyoming next year, that would help.
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes." ~ William Gibson
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 180
October 18th, 2010 at 9:42:21 AM permalink
Let's see... do I want to argue with Jerry Logan today, or don't I?

Do I?

Don't I?

Do I?

Don't I?

..... nah. Not today. Some other time.
NO KILL I
JerryLogan
JerryLogan
October 18th, 2010 at 10:17:31 AM permalink
Quote: Mosca

Let's see... do I want to argue with Jerry Logan today, or don't I?

Do I?

Don't I?

Do I?

Don't I?

..... nah. Not today. Some other time.

How about thanking your lucky stars that the know-it-all mkl654321 isn't here this morning with any of his long-winded rambles that he makes up on the go?
Maybe he's getting his colonoscopy today??

Maybe not?

Maybe?

Maybe not?

Maybe?

....yeah. He is!
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
October 18th, 2010 at 10:37:49 AM permalink
I was going to say I agree, Boise State may well get the Championship game they deserve this year.

I hope this agreement with JL clears up with in the day.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
bluefire
bluefire
  • Threads: 10
October 18th, 2010 at 11:08:31 AM permalink

Hahaha. Right.
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 180
October 18th, 2010 at 11:40:22 AM permalink

How about thanking your lucky stars that the know-it-all mkl654321 isn't here this morning with any of his long-winded rambles that he makes up on the go?
Maybe he's getting his colonoscopy today??

Maybe not?

Maybe?

Maybe not?

Maybe?

....yeah. He is!

LOL, I don't mind arguing with you, but I have to be in the right frame of mind. I know you enjoy it, I have to feel like enjoying it too.
NO KILL I
JerryLogan
JerryLogan
October 18th, 2010 at 12:49:40 PM permalink
I'm a pretty simple guy, and most can tell when I'm ready to argue or not. But what I can't put my finger on is how in the world so many of you get into those ridiculous discussions with mkl654321, who obviously only comes here out of boredom which is easily revealed by the fact that he portrays himself to be an expert about EVERYTHING.

I still say he's getting a colonoscopy today, either that, or someone at his home brought up the subject of yellowing teeth, and he's STILL yakking about it with them.

• Jump to: