GlenG
  • Threads: 11
May 20th, 2018 at 12:31:35 AM permalink
Anyone have a referral #?
Venthus
Venthus
  • Threads: 23
May 20th, 2018 at 12:41:35 PM permalink
8 minutes, 9 questions in, 20 cents. Had to quickly search for the answer on two of them, and I missed punching in the last question by a split second. (For extra fun: My search result was useless.)
EdCollins
EdCollins
  • Threads: 16
Thanks for this post from:
beachbumbabssmoothgrh
May 20th, 2018 at 6:38:33 PM permalink
Well, I downloaded the HQ Trivia app, just to see what the game was like. My first game ended just a few minutes ago. There were 1.9 million others also playing the game. 15 questions were asked, and all those who correctly survived and answers all 15 questions would split the pot, which was $100,000.00.

I believe there's just one game on Saturday and Sunday and apparently two games each day during the week. The prize fund for tomorrow's game (at noon, PST) is only $5,000.00, I believe.

For tonight's game, if you answered the first five questions correctly, we were told we would be given an "extra life" in tomorrow's game. (Meaning, we could get a question wrong tomorrow (as long as it wasn't the final question), and not be eliminated. It sounds as if this isn't done all the time, but I did get the impression it's normal to give away extras and free things.

I was able to answer the first five questions correctly (they weren't too hard), so I guess I'll be playing tomorrow. However, I blew it on the very next question, Question #6. It was something about which plant was toxic to cats. Despite having two cats of my own, I did not know the answer, and guessed incorrectly.

There is NO time at all to use Google (or any other search engine) for ANY of the questions. At least not for me. The ten second countdown begins the moment the host begins reading each question. You literally have just two or three seconds to comprehend the question and select your answer before your time runs out. (Oh, it's multiple choice and there are always three answers to choose from.)

I believe there were 275 people who were able to answer all 15 questions correctly, and thus they each won $363.63.

If you sign up and if you want to use my username (EdwardCollins) in the referral box, it will give me another free life in a future game. If so, thanks in advance. That's got to be the key to winning. It must be a big advantage to have an extra life when playing this game.
EdCollins
EdCollins
  • Threads: 16
May 20th, 2018 at 6:42:25 PM permalink
Ah, I now see my description of the game somewhat repeated some of what the first few posters said. My apologies.
PlayYourCardsRight
PlayYourCardsRight
  • Threads: 7
May 21st, 2018 at 2:03:13 AM permalink
Or you can use my name (Matt1735) and I'll get extra lives .... :)

I've made it to Question 11 twice.... missed both times.... one time I knew question 12 and the other time I did not.
smoothgrh
smoothgrh
  • Threads: 65
May 21st, 2018 at 12:04:16 PM permalink
Quote: EdCollins

However, I blew it on the very next question, Question #6. It was something about which plant was toxic to cats. Despite having two cats of my own, I did not know the answer, and guessed incorrectly.

Though we don't have a cat, my 12-year-old son somehow knew the answer: Tiger Lily is poisonous to cats.

If you have someone else with quick Googling skills, you might be able to confirm one answer over another. My wife was able to do that once.
Venthus
Venthus
  • Threads: 23
May 21st, 2018 at 12:15:03 PM permalink
Basically all lilies, aloe, and asparagus ferns ("air plants") are toxic to cats and dogs, and are fairly common in homes.

I'm pretty fast and can get a search in with about one and a half seconds to spare... the problem comes in if the answer isn't immediately obvious on the page (one issue was actual author's name vs pen name).
TheoHuxtable
TheoHuxtable
  • Threads: 7
Thanks for this post from:
smoothgrh
May 21st, 2018 at 1:17:04 PM permalink
hqtriviaarchive.com tracks all the questions and is like a baby version of j-archive.com
Views are my own...
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 154
May 21st, 2018 at 2:34:42 PM permalink
Quote: TheoHuxtable

hqtriviaarchive.com tracks all the questions and is like a baby version of j-archive.com

Not for nothing, but I think your dad got a bad rap.

• Jump to: