Thread Rating:

ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
December 22nd, 2018 at 12:08:53 PM permalink
Quote: aceofspades

It's not a joke about suicide - it's about the Clintons killing anyone who crosses them

Then why are all the Trumps still alive?

Youíd think they would have at least taken out Tiffany by now! No one would miss her!
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
Steverinos
Steverinos
  • Threads: 5
December 22nd, 2018 at 12:34:00 PM permalink

We know what will happen to the executives of those watchdog groups if they speak out against the Clintons - probably end up committing suicide by a shotgun blast to the back of the head

The GOP has turned into a party of conspiracy. Itís dangerous to think this way.
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
December 22nd, 2018 at 12:38:39 PM permalink
Quote: Steverinos

The GOP has turned into a party of conspiracy. Itís dangerous to think this way.

Do you see the irony of that statement? lol
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 175
December 22nd, 2018 at 12:45:58 PM permalink
Quote: Steverinos

It was always there, they've just allowed it to go mainstream.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 99
December 22nd, 2018 at 1:04:07 PM permalink
Senate gave up and went home for Christmas. Unless House passes Senate Wall-free bill (and Trump signs it), govt will remain shut down until at least Thurs when the Senate returns.

Trump would rather screw over 300-400k employees for their EOY paychecks and likely their Christmas funds, than restore the govt. What a putz. Especially after he had agreed to the Senate bill before they went ahead to vote on it, then reneged. And after he canceled their raises. And their COLA increases, both budgeted for next year.

As to the wars, I won't pretend to be a military strategist. But I look at Mattis as the best we have. And he resigned over it.

So no, we should not be doing it. We leave our allies in the ditch, the people we were helping unprotected, and the many billions we spent wasted, if we don't finish the job and withdraw in a manner that does not allow ISIS to regroup and prevail.

Not to mention all the Americans killed and wounded. Them most of all, IMO. This is a dishonorable non-resolution that betrays their sacrifice. But I consider that more of a personal bias, since so many here care more about money than honor or integrity of the government.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
Thanks for this post from:
ForagerRS
December 22nd, 2018 at 1:14:35 PM permalink
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 310
December 22nd, 2018 at 1:23:47 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

I never ever make light of suicide or joke about it. My father committed suicide

Then you'd best be damned careful.

A fellow I know killed himself.

Years later, his son told me "People tell me I'm going to kill myself, but I'll prove them wrong."

A year or two later he killed himself.

Once the pattern is set by a parent killing themself it creates a potential black hole / dilemna for their surviving kids, especially if the history of depression gets passed on.
"What, me worry?"
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
December 22nd, 2018 at 1:40:43 PM permalink

Essential are people providing critical services.

Example.
Air traffic Controllers.
Supervisors who are certified on at least 1 sector/position

Non-essential are people providing routine services.

Example.
Air Traffic Managers.
Administrative Supervisors
Air Traffic Assistants
Training department
Plans and procedures
Secretaries, payroll, hr, janitorial, support staff.

If it goes like it always has, non-essentials will get each day off AND get paid for it, as if it was a federal holiday. Might be months from now, but they will likely get compensated. Doesn't help if you were depending on that paycheck for Christmas, though.

Essentials will NOT get compensated with equivalent time or pay for working their regular schedule. Controller leave arranged more than a year ago is likely to be cancelled, because the support is no longer there. Paychecks may be delayed, since payroll isn't working, even though people will be required to work.

Taxpayers will end up paying billions for work that didn't get performed. It's been on other people in the past. This time it's 100% Trump. What a stupid move.

117 MILLION people are travelling this weekend in America. The most in more than 30 years.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
December 22nd, 2018 at 1:43:24 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

What a sad disgusting post
I never ever make light of suicide or joke about it

My father committed suicide

Sadly, the way it is around here, all you're doing is telling people where your goat is tied.
Steverinos
Steverinos
  • Threads: 5
December 22nd, 2018 at 2:02:31 PM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

Do you see the irony of that statement? lol

Break it down for me.

• Jump to: