Thread Rating:

Steverinos
Steverinos
  • Threads: 5
Thanks for this post from:
ams288
December 18th, 2018 at 12:18:49 PM permalink
And by the way, if you actually spend some time looking at the article that originally reported the drop in contributions, you can see that this was clearly expected after the end of their endowment campaign and, yes, the loss of the election.

But the truth is that the Clinton Foundation continuously receives A grades from charity watchdog organizations and is a fantastic charity. I welcome an investigation into the bulls**t.

When you see that the contributions are down, the obvious response is, "Duh."

https://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=16680

https://www.charitywatch.org/ratings-and-metrics/clinton-foundation/478

Compared to:

https://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=16764

Here's another reference:

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2016/sep/23/politifact-sheet-comparing-clinton-and-trump-found/
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
December 18th, 2018 at 12:26:27 PM permalink
My favorite Trump Foundation story:

Donald Took $7 out of his Charity to pay for his Sonís Boy Scout Membership Fees 

Quote:

It could be a crazy coincidence: the Trump Foundation just happens to give the Boy Scouts a fee of $7, the same year his kid is old enough to join the Boy Scouts, the exact same amount needed to join the Boy Scouts!

Donít forget ó if this is true, he didnít even pay this measly $7 from his pocket, but rather from his charity bin, filled with money expected to go to noble causes and worthy endeavorsÖ.not to pay for his kidís Boy Scout membership fees!

Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
Fleaswatter
Fleaswatter
  • Threads: 10
ams288
December 18th, 2018 at 12:46:23 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

My favorite Trump Foundation story:

Donald Took $7 out of his Charity to pay for his Sonís Boy Scout Membership Fees 

deleted,
new motto for the left: ďI don't know if I received bad information, but I think I suspected there was more than there actually was,Ē (John Brennan Mar 25, 2019)
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
December 18th, 2018 at 1:26:33 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

Meanwhile, the Clinton Foundation continues to do good work and actually helps people (who arenít the Clintons).

emphasis mine....joke btw

Aha! So we agree, Clintonís arenít good people!
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
tringlomane
December 18th, 2018 at 1:44:32 PM permalink
Ah memories:

Before the mid-terms, RonC took umbrage over some of us calling Donaldís promise of a ď10% middle class tax cutĒ a LIE (which it was) vs. a ďmisstatement.Ē

Quote: RonC

Political Promise = the new 10% tax cut

Misstatement = whatever he said that had to do with doing anything before the election. The only thing that can happen before that is to present a plan and perhaps write the bill

Welp:

Mnuchin Backs Off Trump's Promise of 10% Middle-Class Tax Cut
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
Steverinos
Steverinos
December 19th, 2018 at 10:44:37 AM permalink
We are sending too many people to jail for too long. The criminal justice reform bill passed in the Senate is called the "First Step Act", appropriately so. It's not a sweeping major overhaul as some have described it, but it's exactly what it's called, a good first step. A rare display of bipartisanship in a time when it's needed. You have to applaud the efforts.

There is a hint of irony though, lol.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 154
December 19th, 2018 at 12:05:00 PM permalink
Quote: Steverinos

We are sending too many people to jail for too long. The criminal justice reform bill passed in the Senate is called the "First Step Act", appropriately so. It's not a sweeping major overhaul as some have described it, but it's exactly what it's called, a good first step. A rare display of bipartisanship in a time when it's needed. You have to applaud the efforts.

There is a hint of irony though, lol.

F That, do the crime, do the crime. Face it, it you are not smart enough to understand you are going to jail when caught you donít deserve freedom.

Just another example of certain people, including Trump, thinking they are better than others. And those others are not their equals and canít help turning to crime. Itís an insult to anyone who ever pulled themselves up from a bad situation and made the right choices.

Mike Lee is wrong on this too. There I said it.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 48
December 19th, 2018 at 12:08:17 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

F That, do the crime, do the crime. Face it, it you are not smart enough to understand you are going to jail when caught you donít deserve freedom.

Just another example of certain people, including Trump, thinking they are better than others. And those others are not their equals and canít help turning to crime. Itís an insult to anyone who ever pulled themselves up from a bad situation and made the right choices.

Mike Lee is wrong on this too. There I said it.

This bill mostly deals with non-violent drug offenses.

Life in prison under 3 strikes for dealing weed is excessive.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 175
December 19th, 2018 at 12:10:38 PM permalink
NY State has permanently banned Donny, Ivanka and Jared from ever being on a charitable board, saying they are unfit to run one. Amazingly, some people still think he is fit to run a country.
Today he declared victory in Syria and has ordered our troops out.
The gift that keeps on giving.
Steverinos
Steverinos
December 19th, 2018 at 12:12:32 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

F That, do the crime, do the crime.

Oh don't get me twisted, I wholeheartedly agree. I'm a huge advocate of Trump going to prison after he serves his term, but not for the rest of his life. Sending people to jail for the rest of their life for non-violent offenses is a non-starter to me.

See, the definition of personal freedom to me, as a progressive, is that I can do what I want with MY BODY. It's not your business nor anybody else's if I want to smoke a joint, snort lines, or shoot heroin. OR....play poker on the internet. (Thanks again Republicans, you guys rock)

The War on Drugs is bulls**t.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/shared/spl/hi/uk/06/prisons/html/nn2page1.stm

• Jump to: