Thread Rating:

SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 115
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
July 25th, 2018 at 5:33:00 AM permalink
Quote: Nathan

I predict in the near future, Society will rule out the "Must be American born Citizen," requirement," of the requirements to be U.S. President ruling that that requirement is Discriminatory considering how Culturally and ethically Inclusive U.S is. Look at U.S really well. We have Asians(Koreas, Japan, China, Thailand, Taiwan, Turkey, Philippines, Vietnam, etc) Haitians, Central Americans, South Americans, Latins, Hispanics, Jewish, Africans, African Americans, Whites, Native Americans, United Kingdoms, Australians, Canadians, French, Italians, Spanish, Portuguese, Arab, Islam, Muslim, Indians, etc. So many Cultures and ethnicities live in The U.S and they can't become President just because they weren't born here. Sad. I don't see this rule lasting for very long.

It is in the Constitution. It would take an amendment to the Constitution to change it. Since I never hear that mentioned by any mainstream politicians as even a goal, I think the likelihood of that rule changing in the foreseeable future is close to zero. Never can be sure, but I think an easy majority of American citizens are ok with that rule as it exists.
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
Mission146
July 25th, 2018 at 7:04:45 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

It is in the Constitution. It would take an amendment to the Constitution to change it. Since I never hear that mentioned by any mainstream politicians as even a goal, I think the likelihood of that rule changing in the foreseeable future is close to zero. Never can be sure, but I think an easy majority of American citizens are ok with that rule as it exists.

Even if it's the not the majority, no way 3/4ths of states would approve the change. Too bad for Arnold Schwarzenegger, et. al.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 217
Mission146
July 25th, 2018 at 8:36:15 AM permalink
Immigrants can't be President but their children can. When you have kids, you'll realize how important that is.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 22
Mission146
July 25th, 2018 at 9:24:48 AM permalink
Trump's star on Hollywood Walk of Fame destroyed by pickax wielding vandal.

Thoughts and prayers....
dogqck
dogqck
  • Threads: 1
July 25th, 2018 at 9:28:15 AM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

Hyperbole for sure, but there is a large labor shortage in agriculture.

farmers tracking labor shortage

Thats a far stretch to crops rotting for months!
TomG
TomG
  • Threads: 16
Mission146Steverinos
July 25th, 2018 at 10:04:26 AM permalink
Quote: dogqck

Ooops Now I know Alexandria is the people's savior. June Primary 250K registered democrats and she got 15,000 votes WOW!!!!

If she would just make up lies about the voting results she would earn your support

"I won the popular vote if you deduct the millions of people who voted illegally"

"The biggest electoral college win since Ronald Reagan"
Steverinos
Steverinos
  • Threads: 5
Mission146
July 25th, 2018 at 10:19:51 AM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

The explanation of modern liberal outrage.

We have a disgraceful human being representing and leading our country. We ALL should be outraged.
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 133
July 25th, 2018 at 10:38:48 AM permalink
Quote: Steverinos

We have a disgraceful human being representing and leading our country. We ALL should be outraged.

Meh. When was the last time we had someone we had a leader who nobody would call disgraceful?

Do you know what bias is?

Iíll tell you:

Bias is when you have a woman who gets paid to have sex all the time become a national icon because she screwed some old, rich married dude (probably paid), then got bought off to sign an NDA, which she then said was a void contract, anyway.

Like, aside from spreading her legs, what did Stormy Daniels do thatís worthy of anybodyís respect?

Donít get me wrong, I personally donít care what people do with their personal lives, Iím just confused about how screwing a married Donald Trump and then coming out with it years after the fact (and, more importantly, after the election) makes the woman a national hero.

Many on the left love and adore her, though.

Meantime, Trump can (allegedly, but by his own claim) sexually assault women, come onto married women, have sex with pr0n stars, pay women to keep quiet about screwing him (how does that not make it prostitution?) and put himself in a position to see underage girls naked...and all thatís fine with the White Evangelical Christians who were none too happy with that sinner Bill Clinton.

Point is, there are hypocrites on both sides and both sides are going to find something wrong with the leader.

Trump: Everything.

Obama: Communist, ďNot born here.Ē

Bush: Warmonger, in pocket of big business.

Clinton: Serial adulterer.

Bush: Warmonger, In pocket of big business.

Iím too young to really remember if Reagan was hated by the far left for anything? I know he left office with 63% approval, but Clinton left with 66%...and some people still hated him.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 115
Mission146
July 25th, 2018 at 10:51:54 AM permalink
Quote: Mission146

Meh. When was the last time we had someone we had a leader who nobody would call disgraceful?

Now. Me. I disagreed with most of Obama's policies. I would not say he was disgraceful. I agree with many of Trump's policies. I would say he is often disgraceful.

I think HRC messed up big time with the email server thing. Also with the 'deplorable' comment. But overall not 'disgraceful.

Younger Bush.... many faux pas.... not disgraceful.

WJC.... I guess 'disgraceful' in his personal life, but NOT disgraceful in his job as President.

Older Bush Not disgraceful.

Reagan... even though clearly senile towards the end of his Presidency, I'll say not disgraceful.

I think the word 'disgraceful' is thrown around a bit much. Kind of like 'racist'.
Steverinos
Steverinos
  • Threads: 5
Mission146
July 25th, 2018 at 10:57:58 AM permalink

Huh?

Barack Obama exemplified grace, and class, and decency.

Do you know what bias is?

Yes, I think I do.

• Jump to: