we never landed on the moon
and Bush stole the 2000
election from Gore.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 154
July 4th, 2018 at 1:34:28 PM permalink
Iíve been wanting to comment on something Babs said a few days ago but vacation and the weather got in the way, so itís dated to the current conversation, but still relevant.

She posted about never voting for Florida Governor Rick Scott in his quest to win the Senate seat currently held by Dem Bill Nelson. She states Scott is a bad person among other past misdeeds. But this is bigger then Florida and so indicative of where we are as a country politically today.

Of course every person who voted for Trump in Florida has to get out and vote for Scott. Itís the only way to continue the progress Trump has made and wants to make. And Iím not sure how this ever changes in my lifetime.

We are so divided and yes, both parties are to blame, but there is no way the Trump agenda could move forward without a GOP majority.

The Dems that stayed home because Hillary and her parties leadership screwed Bernie proved nothing. For every Joe Manchin or Susan Collins that actually challenges their party, there are 90+ Senators who vote 100% in favor of their party. Too many important issues to decide in the next 2-6 years that need attention to vote for individuals over party.

Some will say the only way this ends is with bipartisanship, I say it rarely works. And the few bipartisan bills that pass, they are common sense. And 58 of one party and 3 people up for re-election of another is not bipartisanship.

Give the Dems the Senate and nothing gets done for 2 years other than keeping the government open, which may or may not be a good thing depending on how itís done.

So in the end, nothing changed. If you voted for Trump, you need to vote for Rick Scott, Mitt Romney, Kelly Ward, Pat Morrisey or whom ever is your states candidate. Even if you donít agree with them, they are a lot more likely to vote to ďMake America Great AgainĒ than the average Dem.

This political ad graciously allowed free of change by the good people owning WoV.
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 21
July 4th, 2018 at 3:20:03 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Sure it is.

Maybe to those with RDS (Reality Derangement Syndrome). To everyone else in the real world, we know the investigation is still ongoing.

Quote:

But in the minds
of those with TDS, it will
never be over 20 years from
now. It'll fit right in with
we never landed on the moon
and Bush stole the 2000
election from Gore.

And Benghazi and Hillary's emails and Obama's birth certificate, too, right? And I heard Oswald had TDS, too, which is why he killed Kennedy.

Haha.... you people crack me up with your "TDS"... can't admit what a s***bag Trump is so you have to "invent" a syndrome to explain away what everyone else already knows to be true....
Sandybestdog
Sandybestdog
  • Threads: 1
Thanks for this post from:
petroglyphaceofspades
July 4th, 2018 at 3:27:07 PM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

It is. The investigation is not over yet, as far as I know, which is why the evidence (if there is any) hasn't been released. That's how criminal investigations work.

This isnít a criminal investigation. This is a witch hunt. If this was about investigating collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia, why is Mueller charging Manafort with petty tax stuff from 10 years ago? They got nothing. Theyíre dragging this out for as long as they can. Investigate, Interview, investigate again. Ask the same questions over and over again. When nothing materializes, you get them on lying and obstruction of justice. Fake cop out charges in a lame attempt to tarnish this manís presidency and overrule the will of the people. Itís a disgrace what theyíre doing.

TigerWu
TigerWu
July 4th, 2018 at 3:30:06 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

Give the Dems the Senate and nothing gets done for 2 years other than keeping the government open, which may or may not be a good thing depending on how itís done.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... if the Dems somehow get control of Congress, Trump will flip in under a week. His ego won't let the last two years of his term stagnate. He wants to be a winner at all costs, even if that means switching sides. He doesn't give a **** about party, or country, or any loyalty.... Trump only cares about Trump. I can even see him trying to run as a Democrat in 2020 if it would give him an advantage.

I'm almost considering putting money on it....
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 424
July 4th, 2018 at 3:30:46 PM permalink

]investigation is still ongoing..

The Whitewater Investigation cost
$80 mil and went on for over 4
years and the Clinton's were never
charged with jack squat. And they
were actually guilty.
TigerWu
TigerWu
July 4th, 2018 at 3:35:28 PM permalink
Quote: Sandybestdog

This isnít a criminal investigation. This is a witch hunt.

Funny how you think you know more than anyone involved in the investigation. Maybe you should call them up and tell them they can stop since there's nothing to be found.

Who said there is "zero evidence?"
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 424
July 4th, 2018 at 3:47:04 PM permalink

Even if they find some crime Trump
was involved in before he was
president, they can't indict him
before he leaves office. You can't
indict a sitting president. If you
could, every one of them would
have been arrested on some cooked
up phony crime brought by the
opposing party.
Sandybestdog
Sandybestdog
  • Threads: 1
Thanks for this post from:
aceofspades
July 4th, 2018 at 4:12:57 PM permalink

Funny how you think you know more than anyone involved in the investigation. Maybe you should call them up and tell them they can stop since there's nothing to be found.

Funny how after over a year of no evidence being presented and zero charges being filed and zero convictions, you still give this witch hunt investigation the benefit of the doubt.

Just answer me one question. If Trump had lost, would this investigation be going on?
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 175
July 4th, 2018 at 4:21:56 PM permalink
Quote: Sandybestdog

Funny how after over a year of no evidence being presented and zero charges being filed and zero convictions, you still give this witch hunt investigation the benefit of the doubt.

Just answer me one question. If Trump had lost, would this investigation be going on?

Zero charges filed? Zero convictions? I'm pretty sure pleading guilty is the equivalent of a conviction, no?

That's an interesting question about what if Trump had lost. My question would be what country he would be in right now. Someplace without an extradition treaty, I'd surmise.

• Jump to: